The Troy Davis Case of Georgia

Neser Boha

upgrade your gray matter
Mar 4, 2009
Nordic Bayou
Troy Davis is a man on death row with a compelling case for innocence. No murder weapon, no physical evidence, and 7 of 9 eye witnesses have recanted their testimony. Yet no jury has ever heard this evidence. The 11th Circuit Court has denied Troy Davis' most recent petition and a new execution date may come as early as mid-May.

Learn about the case here:
Take Action Online | Amnesty International USA | Human Rights Action

We're coming out in full force on May 19 so Georgia and the world can show our outrage that justice is still being denied an innocent man on death row. We're calling on Gov. Sonny Perdue and the GA Board of Pardons and Paroles to grant clemency and finally allow a jury to hear the new evidence and recantations. Sponsored by Amnesty International and NAACP.

Taken from here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=77363303812&ref=nf

If and individual is to be executed, it better be crystal fucking clear that he or she is guilty of what he or she's being executed for... at the bare minimum.

I think it's well-worth supporting.

Last edited:
The death penalty is Old Testament.

If you're a Christian, you follow the New Testament instead which states, "it has been said an eye for an eye. But I say love your enemies."

Later on, Jesus goes on to say that "he who has not sinned should cast the first stone."

I guess we all have our own opinions. I'll follow the Lord's.

I used to be strongly against the death penalty as I would always say that no one has the right to take anyone else's life - for no reason.

Then I read about a few cases involving mass murder, violent rape/murder, mutilation, etc... the raping and killing of children... and the emotional response in me was: "The fucker deserves to die a painful death after doing what he/she did."

Now... logically and morally I'm still against the death penalty, but in some cases... I wonder.

It is crystal clear that Troy Davis deserves a retrial and re-examination of the case... Please appeal to GA leaders about it...

Ya, no death penalty makes perfect sense. We catch a mass murderer that has no compunctions about killing, we lock him up so he can just kill guards when ever given the chance or other inmates.

No death penalty means that for life in prison people there is absolutely NO further punishment you can give them if they decide to murder or main other prisoners or guards.

Great plan.

By the way? Government is not a person. And Jesus also said to give to Government that which is theirs.

Forum List

Back