The Troops are concerned about gays serving openly.

"As I said, it's a political statement. Telling people they have sex with men has zero to do with defending their country, which is their job in the military. But as you say they need to tell to make the political statement. And on the flip side, if you tell people in other jobs you sleep with men, you don't then shower and sleep with them. Keep your politics out of the military." (Kaz)

The operative word here is sexual, not political. When I'm showering, and the guy standing behind me has a woody I don't experience warm fuzzy feelings. At the same time a civilian co-worker told me that they were gay it wouldn't matter to me. They have a right to make that choice. I have the right to live by the morals, and code of ethics that matter to me. I don't shower with them, and I damn sure don't have to go to war with them.

When you go to war with some one "Trust" becomes the operative word. Esprit de Corp, becomes everything. That one element is the reason that an American unit will fight on against insurmountable odds. When the shit hits the fan it comes down to you and your battle buddies. Nothing else matters. All the sensitivity training in the world wont change that.

One last thing. It is not a right to serve in the U.S. Military; it is an honor.

i'm a little confused here - are you saying that you find homosexuals inherently untrustworthy?

"As I said, it's a political statement. Telling people they have sex with men has zero to do with defending their country, which is their job in the military. But as you say they need to tell to make the political statement. And on the flip side, if you tell people in other jobs you sleep with men, you don't then shower and sleep with them. Keep your politics out of the military." (Kaz)

The operative word here is sexual, not political. When I'm showering, and the guy standing behind me has a woody I don't experience warm fuzzy feelings. At the same time a civilian co-worker told me that they were gay it wouldn't matter to me. They have a right to make that choice. I have the right to live by the morals, and code of ethics that matter to me. I don't shower with them, and I damn sure don't have to go to war with them.

When you go to war with some one "Trust" becomes the operative word. Esprit de Corp, becomes everything. That one element is the reason that an American unit will fight on against insurmountable odds. When the shit hits the fan it comes down to you and your battle buddies. Nothing else matters. All the sensitivity training in the world wont change that.

One last thing. It is not a right to serve in the U.S. Military; it is an honor.

Every single post you've made is under the assumption that there were no gays in the military before the repeal of DADT and that there are gays in the military now only because of that.

Obviously, a very idiotic premise to anyone with common sense.

I'll give you some credit though, at least now you aren't pretending that you have this stance because of a health-related fear. It's just based on you being a bigot.

You don't have to worry about that scenerio.

I had a conversation with my oldest son yesterday. He is career military. He just finished his fourth sensitivity training class about gays serving openly in the military. The troops can't comment on this issue or make disparaging remarks about the CinC. They've been advised that this is the way it will be; live with it.

In all of the classes they've been given one thing has been left out. The danger of HIV infection through direct contact with blood. Blood is the biggest bio-hazard on any accident scene. Civilians will say put on surgical gloves. A soldier would say that when you're wearing your buddies brains all over your face that wont do any good.

As a soldier I could count on my buddies doing everything in their power to bring me or my body back home. My buddies could count on the same thing from me. An openly gay soldier on the battlefield will lay where they fall. This is a very real degradation of military core values. Yet the troops feel that touching the openly gay soldiers blood would expose them to the very really threat of AIDS. That is a death sentence that will be resisted.

Morale is already being affected in a very negative way. The troops feel like they're being kicked in the stomach, and that they're being put into a life threatening situation. Once again people who've never served a second in uniform are making life threatening decisions that will carry dire consequences for the young men and women that this country sends into harms way. I think that congress, and the president need sensitivity training.
How sad that your son is such a coward. He should probably resign from the military if he is operating under this level of fear.

"You don't have to worry about that scenerio." (Bodecea)

Really? Would you be willing in the share the information that helped you arrive at that conclusion?

This is just sad. How do you know the guy in the shower with the woody is thinking of a man?
And, why shouldnt you "trust" the guy watching your backside while in hostile environments? What if the guy that isnt gay but has a thing about sheep is guarding your back? He aint gay. He just likes a sheep now and then. Does that make you not trust him? What if he likes having sex with his woman while hanging from a chandelier? Or he likes to wear diapers while having sex? Is it still a trust issue? Or is it only beause he is GAY that makes it a trust issue?

I find this mindset very sad. And disappointing. THat honor you speak of should apply to all. No matter the sexual preference. But to you, and your son, gays are only there to find male sex? Sad indeed.

"You don't have to worry about that scenerio." (Bodecea)

Really? Would you be willing in the share the information that helped you arrive at that conclusion?
You're one of those many, many hetero men who think you are absolutely irresistable to gay men and they cannot help but be attracted to you and want your bod. When in real life, they could care less about you.

"How sad that your son is such a coward. He should probably resign from the military if he is operating under this level of fear." (Ravi)

Ravi, you are entitled to your opinion. Freedom of speech is one of the greatest rights that Americans enjoy. You should be aware that the American military gave you the right to make outrageous statements that bolster your cretinous stature on this board. You should be thankful of that.

What does matter is that my son has been judged by his peers under very harsh conditions The men and women that he went to war with found him an acceptable associate, and he has earned their respect. He's earned mine too. I had the privilege of watching him become a honorable man.

The values that matter to a soldier are: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal courage. These values seem to lack importance with your group.

Bodecea, you're one of those gay people that keeps trying to foist your deviant lifestyle on to me. Give it up. I only feel revulsion.

"This is just sad. How do you know the guy in the shower with the woody is thinking of a man?" (Imeru)

Really? That is a profound statement. Thank you Imeru. I really needed a good laugh today. :up:

The values that matter to a soldier are: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal courage.

Honey, that is your answer right there. Why cant you see it? Just because someone is gay doesnt mean he has none of those things. Hopefully, a gay man wont have to be the one carrying your son to safety. Because if he were...what could you possibly say to him? Thank you, but you repulse me?

btw..just in case you are wondering...I am female. Straight.

"How sad that your son is such a coward. He should probably resign from the military if he is operating under this level of fear." (Ravi)

Ravi, you are entitled to your opinion. Freedom of speech is one of the greatest rights that Americans enjoy. You should be aware that the American military gave you the right to make outrageous statements that bolster your cretinous stature on this board. You should be thankful of that.

What does matter is that my son has been judged by his peers under very harsh conditions The men and women that he went to war with found him an acceptable associate, and he has earned their respect. He's earned mine too. I had the privilege of watching him become a honorable man.

The values that matter to a soldier are: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal courage. These values seem to lack importance with your group.
There's nothing outrageous about my statement. If he's afraid of gay men then his courage comes into question. Why would you wish to have someone that fears gay people backing you up in battle against actually scary people with weapons? Hopefully he is not in a position of any authority because that would be even worse...he sounds irrational and that is not good officer material.

"This is just sad. How do you know the guy in the shower with the woody is thinking of a man?" (Imeru)

Really? That is a profound statement. Thank you Imeru. I really needed a good laugh today. :up:

Dude coulda had a boner the size of manhattan thinking of his girl, but hes bisexual, or, its a pee woody.....so..what do I know? :lol:

What sexual activities does your son engage in while in his own home? What sexual fantasies does he have?

Should it matter?

Using the OP's logic why would any woman ever join the military? Shouldn't she just be worried about getting STD's and thinking that if she's on the battlefield with a man his focus will be on sex and not his fellow soldiers and the mission?

Using the OP's logic why would any woman ever join the military? Shouldn't she just be worried about getting STD's and thinking that if she's on the battlefield with a man his focus will be on sex and not his fellow soldiers and the mission?

I'm guessing the OP isn't too keen on women in the military either.

Forum List

Back