The Troops are concerned about gays serving openly.

Seawtch, you've never served. You do not have a frame of reference. You really don't know what you're talking about. Therefore, your opinions aren't valid. Now run along, and hang out in the shower at the Y. I don't have to tell you to enjoy yourself.

Seawtch, you've never served. You do not have a frame of reference. You really don't know what you're talking about. Therefore, your opinions aren't valid. Now run along, and hang out in the shower at the Y. I don't have to tell you to enjoy yourself.

How do you know Seawytch has never served? Are you privy to Military records and her real name?

"How do you know Seawytch has never served? Are you privy to Military records and her real name?" (Bodecea)

If you had served you wouldn't need to ask that question.

Thanks for the kind words Toome. Until my sons deployed I never realized just how much my mother went through when I served. I was lucky. While my boys and I we stayed in touch daily by e-mail. My mother had to rely on snail mail. That made her wait much harder. I can see now why she would chew me out with such gusto for being too busy to write.

Mike is a scout with the 278th RCT. His job was to clear convoy routes of IEDs in Iraq. He has experienced danger up close, and personal. He's survived IEDs, and one suicide bomber that blew himself up, and the little girl that he'd abducted for cover outside of FOB Cobra. It's funny how you never hear those stores in the news, but then that is another topic.

Mikes younger brother Steve, served in Iraq with the 101st ABN/ Air Assault. He was in the push from Kuwait, to Baghdad, and then on to Mosul. His unit saw a lot of hard fighting along the way.

There is a long military tradition in this family. I'm very proud of my boys. Both of them answered the call and served well.

The bottom line Toome, is that our young warriors go through a lot. They give 200%, 24/7. We have the finest military in the world because our young warriors make it so. Our troops feel betrayed.

Your probably right that the military will evolve. It always does. The military has a long history of loyalty, duty, respect, honor, integrity, selfless service, and personal courage. I just think that this latest social engineering experiment will be a very painful process.

Toome, we'll probably never change each others minds on this subject. But, I must say that it has been refreshing to disagree with someone on an issue, and still have a rational, reasoned debate. I wish you the best. Have a good day.

So why shouldn't someones gay son be given the right to give 200% 24/7 In serving his country???

I read the first two pages, it was funny watching how quickly the OP was exposed.

In the 1st post he pretended his first concern was health, then it became pretty obvious that he didn't like it solely because he's a homophobe.

Why can't people just be honest? There's a lot of homophobes in here who will pat you on the back for hating gays cuz they're gay.

Kinda seems like someone is a little bit ashamed, for good reason.

DADT repeal is probably about the dumbest story ever. Has no affect on anything. There were gays in the military before, are now, will be in the future. People think a law in Washington will all of a sudden have gays talking openly with other soldiers about being gay when they didn't before? Does anyone ever try to put a little common sense into their thoughts or is everything a sensationalized, talking point backed, freak out session?

USCG Chief Petty Officer, Retired

Coastie! You guys were always fun to work with. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

So Yota, we've determined that you are, in fact, having a conversation with people who have BTDT. Wanna try responding instead of dismissing everyone's opinions because they "never served"?

Are you aware that the first Marine wounded in the current Iraq conflict was gay?

So Yota, we've determined that you are, in fact, having a conversation with people who have BTDT. Wanna try responding instead of dismissing everyone's opinions because they "never served"?

Are you aware that the first Marine wounded in the current Iraq conflict was gay?

He has never served. He bangs on and on about his son. His military experience was from the History Channel. Any way, dont ask dont tell does not change much. And while I do not approve of the Homosexual life style, the last I checked this is America and it is legal to be Gay.

You googled all of yours.

Yeah, I bet you served with distinction in the 101st Arm Chair Division at Fort Loving Room. (momanalhedhunter)

No, but my son was in Mozul, Iraq with 101st. ABN/ Air Assault, in 2003. I was in the 1/73rd Arty/ 1/23 INF/ 1/38 INF/ 1/22 Arty. How about you?

I was in the 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division. Far more dangerous than the gays were the right wingers who threatened everybody and tried to push religion down everyone's throats. To this day, I still don't understand the fascination with ignorance, mysticism and the occult. Spooks? Who woulda thought in this day and age.

Why are you afraid of showers? Personal inadequacies? (rightwinger)

No fear here rightwinger. Dealing with deviants is like walking through a cesspool as leaches attach themselves to your body. No fear is there. I just have a feeling of absolute revulsion. Do you know what I mean?

Yes, you are a homophobe. A few years back, this was said about blacks. See how well that one turned out for the racists from back then.

Yeah, I bet you served with distinction in the 101st Arm Chair Division at Fort Loving Room. (momanalhedhunter)

No, but my son was in Mozul, Iraq with 101st. ABN/ Air Assault, in 2003. I was in the 1/73rd Arty/ 1/23 INF/ 1/38 INF/ 1/22 Arty. How about you?

I was in the 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division. Far more dangerous than the gays were the right wingers who threatened everybody and tried to push religion down everyone's throats. To this day, I still don't understand the fascination with ignorance, mysticism and the occult. Spooks? Who woulda thought in this day and age.

Damn I am glad you are not gone.

One thing that I've learned over the years is that G.I.s have their own vernacular. We acquire a certain bearing, and work ethic while serving. None of this can be imitated. A soldier's bearing can definitely not be acquired through Google, or the military channel. A military bearing is only acquired by serving. That is why active duty troops, guardsman, reservist or veterans can spot a fake a mile away. You don't talk the talk, and your incapable of walking the walk. Now that we've cleared that up go crawl back under your liberal rocks.

The one question so far every liberal has failed to answer is why it's necessary for them to tell. They are in the military, why do they have the burning need to tell the military they want to have sex with other men? When liberals can answer that question so that the answer is not a political statement I'll support it and not until then. No soldier should join the military to make any political statement, they should join the military to defend their country.

Why is it necessary for heterosexuals to "tell"? Gays and lesbians want to serve under the exact same rules and regulations that heterosexuals serve under and not have a separate, much more restrictive, set of rules just for them.

As I said, it's a political statement. Telling people they have sex with men has zero to do with defending their country, which is their job in the military. But as you say they need to tell to make the political statement. And on the flip side, if you tell people in other jobs you sleep with men, you don't then shower and sleep with them. Keep your politics out of the military.

One thing that I've learned over the years is that G.I.s have their own vernacular. We acquire a certain bearing, and work ethic while serving. None of this can be imitated. A soldier's bearing can definitely not be acquired through Google, or the military channel. A military bearing is only acquired by serving. That is why active duty troops, guardsman, reservist or veterans can spot a fake a mile away. You don't talk the talk, and your incapable of walking the walk. Now that we've cleared that up go crawl back under your liberal rocks.

One thing I've learned over the years is that there is nothing quite as stupid as a person who thinks everyone in the military thinks and acts like they do.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu
The one question so far every liberal has failed to answer is why it's necessary for them to tell. They are in the military, why do they have the burning need to tell the military they want to have sex with other men? When liberals can answer that question so that the answer is not a political statement I'll support it and not until then. No soldier should join the military to make any political statement, they should join the military to defend their country.

Why is it necessary for heterosexuals to "tell"? Gays and lesbians want to serve under the exact same rules and regulations that heterosexuals serve under and not have a separate, much more restrictive, set of rules just for them.

As I said, it's a political statement. Telling people they have sex with men has zero to do with defending their country, which is their job in the military. But as you say they need to tell to make the political statement. And on the flip side, if you tell people in other jobs you sleep with men, you don't then shower and sleep with them. Keep your politics out of the military.

is telling someone that you're married a political statement? should a soldier's same sex partner be excluded from the resources and support of an FRG group to prevent the soldier from making what you call a politcal statement?

my wife and i went on a group outing with the other soldiers she works with and their families last week. was that a political statement being made by each of them?

Code Talkers had no reason whatsoever to help those who treated them so poorly, either. But they did. Willingly. Why? Because this is their country too. And if it werent for those Code Talkers, things may have turned out a tad different.
Gays are in the military not to find male poontang. They are there to fight for what everyone else is fighting for. The USA. Freedoms we have and that many right here use every day while talking over the corpse of someone who died for that right.

"As I said, it's a political statement. Telling people they have sex with men has zero to do with defending their country, which is their job in the military. But as you say they need to tell to make the political statement. And on the flip side, if you tell people in other jobs you sleep with men, you don't then shower and sleep with them. Keep your politics out of the military." (Kaz)

The operative word here is sexual, not political. When I'm showering, and the guy standing behind me has a woody I don't experience warm fuzzy feelings. At the same time a civilian co-worker told me that they were gay it wouldn't matter to me. They have a right to make that choice. I have the right to live by the morals, and code of ethics that matter to me. I don't shower with them, and I damn sure don't have to go to war with them.

When you go to war with some one "Trust" becomes the operative word. Esprit de Corp, becomes everything. That one element is the reason that an American unit will fight on against insurmountable odds. When the shit hits the fan it comes down to you and your battle buddies. Nothing else matters. All the sensitivity training in the world wont change that.

One last thing. It is not a right to serve in the U.S. Military; it is an honor.

Forum List

Back