The Troops are concerned about gays serving openly.

"I'm guessing the OP isn't too keen on women in the military either." (bodecea)

Negative. Women, have served honorable for years. I salute their service.

As I said, it's a political statement. Telling people they have sex with men has zero to do with defending their country, which is their job in the military. But as you say they need to tell to make the political statement. And on the flip side, if you tell people in other jobs you sleep with men, you don't then shower and sleep with them. Keep your politics out of the military.

You continue to ignore the reality of the situation, which is that under the DADT law, a soldier telling his or her mother that s/he is gay was illegal. Homosexual conduct with one's lover was illegal. You'd like to make this a simple matter of appropriate discussions in the work place. But that's not what DADT was all about.

"You don't have to worry about that scenerio." (Bodecea)

Really? Would you be willing in the share the information that helped you arrive at that conclusion?

In my experience, gay people don't get sexually aroused over homophobe idiots. So yeah, you're safe.

Freedom of speech is one of the greatest rights that Americans enjoy.

And yet you supported a law that unconstitutionally violated the free speech rights of our men and women in uniform. :confused:

You should be aware that the American military gave you the right to make outrageous statements that bolster your cretinous stature on this board. You should be thankful of that.

WRONG!! The government does not give people rights. Rights belong to the people inherently.

What does matter is that my son has been judged by his peers under very harsh conditions

Putting aside for a moment that such a claim is unfounded, why is that any more troublesome than gay service men and women being judged harshly by their peers?

The men and women that he went to war with found him an acceptable associate, and he has earned their respect. He's earned mine too. I had the privilege of watching him become a honorable man.

And how is that any less true for any gay service member?

The values that matter to a soldier are: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal courage.

Let's stop the romanticizing. The Army values are a facade. The values that matter to a soldier are killing commies and not getting blown up.

Negative. Women, have served honorable for years. I salute their service.

And so have gay people. Yet you want to make special cases out of them. Why are you so irrationally obsessed with gay people?

Last edited:
The one question so far every liberal has failed to answer is why it's necessary for them to tell. They are in the military, why do they have the burning need to tell the military they want to have sex with other men? When liberals can answer that question so that the answer is not a political statement I'll support it and not until then. No soldier should join the military to make any political statement, they should join the military to defend their country.

Why is it necessary for heterosexuals to "tell"? Gays and lesbians want to serve under the exact same rules and regulations that heterosexuals serve under and not have a separate, much more restrictive, set of rules just for them.

As I said, it's a political statement. Telling people they have sex with men has zero to do with defending their country, which is their job in the military. But as you say they need to tell to make the political statement. And on the flip side, if you tell people in other jobs you sleep with men, you don't then shower and sleep with them. Keep your politics out of the military.

Discharging people for the consenting adult they have relations with has nothing to do with serving their country and yet that is what occurs under DADT. It is a FACT that you don't have to tell to be discharged under DADT. You can be discharged if someone else "tells" for you. It is not a political statement for gays and lesbians who serve to want to serve under the exact same rules and regulations that heterosexuals serve under.

I'll give you a scenario...

SCENE: Motopool on a Monday morning.

Soldier asks heterosexual soldier..."What did you do this weekend?"

Heterosexual Soldier: "I got a little poontang from that hot waitress at the E-Club"

Now, let's change the players.

Soldier asks gay soldier..."What did you do this weekend?"

Gay Soldier: "I picked out a new sofa with my partner Brad"

Which soldier would get a discharge with DADT in place?

Just to put the "shower issue" into perspective...a recent survey of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans showed that only 8% of them had to shower in "communal" showers. Right now, gay and lesbian soldiers are shitting, showering and shaving right alongside heterosexuals. When DADT is lifted in the very near future, you might finally KNOW that you are showering with someone who is gay or lesbian. The ONLY thing changing is that you may, potentially, KNOW (instead of only suspecting) that the person that has been showering with you for a year is gay. Big whoop. If it freaks you out, even though you've been showering with them for a year now, don't shower when they do. They could give a shit...they just want to take a fucking shower.

Following is an article illustrating some of the nefarious activity gays can be counted on to be involved in.

Prosecutors have launched an investigation into a a second case of alleged sexual abuse at the summer camp where Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown was sexually molested as a child.

The investigation began after a second former camper, encouraged by Brown's admission, has revealed to his lawyer that he was also sexually abused at Camp Good News, the summer camp Brown attended as a child.

"He was inspired to come forward because Scott Brown came forward. He felt empowered," said Mitchell Garabedian, the lawyer representing the man, who was not identified.

Garabedian said the former camper, who is now an adult, came to him two weeks ago and disclosed that when he was a 10-year-old summer camper in 1985 a counselor or assistant director had allegedly abused him. The lawyer took the allegations to the Barnstable County District Attorney's office which has promised to investigate.

Inspired by Scott Brown, Another Former Camper Reveals Past Sexual Abuse - ABC News

Following is an article illustrating some of the nefarious activity gays can be counted on to be involved in.

Prosecutors have launched an investigation into a a second case of alleged sexual abuse at the summer camp where Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown was sexually molested as a child.

The investigation began after a second former camper, encouraged by Brown's admission, has revealed to his lawyer that he was also sexually abused at Camp Good News, the summer camp Brown attended as a child.

"He was inspired to come forward because Scott Brown came forward. He felt empowered," said Mitchell Garabedian, the lawyer representing the man, who was not identified.

Garabedian said the former camper, who is now an adult, came to him two weeks ago and disclosed that when he was a 10-year-old summer camper in 1985 a counselor or assistant director had allegedly abused him. The lawyer took the allegations to the Barnstable County District Attorney's office which has promised to investigate.

Inspired by Scott Brown, Another Former Camper Reveals Past Sexual Abuse - ABC News

You are trying to suggest that gay people are more likely to commit these crimes. Truth is that straight people are equally likely to commit these kinds of crimes.

"You are trying to suggest that gay people are more likely to commit these crimes. Truth is that straight people are equally likely to commit these kinds of crimes." (gekaap)

Ahh. A pseudo-intellectual. Now how cute is that?

Sexual deviants commit these crimes against humanity. People such as that who molest children should be shot where they stand. Straight men don't molest little boys. To be fair men, and women do molest children. They're called pedophiles. These people are all sexual deviants. It is a clinical fact that most pedophiles were molested when they were children. So you might say that this is a self replicating crime.

And what do you do about all those HETEROSEXUAL males who molest girls? Did you know that 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before they reach 18? By HETEROSEXUAL men. Maybe you should be worried about them in the military....especially when this kind of thing happens:

http://www.truthout.org/militarys-rape-and-sexual-assault-epidemic/1301554800

1995 Okinawa rape incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many times has your military son expressed concern over these kinds of things?

"You are trying to suggest that gay people are more likely to commit these crimes. Truth is that straight people are equally likely to commit these kinds of crimes." (gekaap)

Sexual deviants commit these crimes against humanity. People such as that who molest children should be shot where they stand. Straight men don't molest little boys. To be fair men, and women do molest children. They're called pedophiles. These people are all sexual deviants. It is a clinical fact that most pedophiles were molested when they were children. So you might say that this is a self replicating crime.

Wait...are you saying there are children in the military for gays to molest?

It's a FACT that 1 in 4 girls are sexually molested by STRAIGHT males before they reach 18...many by family members. Maybe it's fathers and brothers we need to really look out for.

Ad hominems will not get you anywhere, and they will not provide any support for your failed arguments.

Sexual deviants commit these crimes against humanity. People such as that who molest children should be shot where they stand.

I'm inclined to agree, more or less. But that has nothing to do with supporting an unconstitutional law that made it illegal for a gay service member to talk to his/her parents about his/her sexual orientation.

Straight men don't molest little boys.

Actually, there are straight men who molest boys.

To be fair men, and women do molest children.

Then why are you only focusing on one portion of the issue?

They're called pedophiles. These people are all sexual deviants. It is a clinical fact that most pedophiles were molested when they were children. So you might say that this is a self replicating crime.

So now you're going to invoke "clinical fact," and you call me a pseudo-intellectual? You seem to know very little about this issue, so please allow me to clear up a few things. Child molestation is an act that arises out of some kind of emotional disturbance or dysfunction in a person. Albeit what the victim suffers is a sexual violation, alot like rape, the act is often born of non-sexual causes (sometimes yes, but often no). There's a very complex array of things that can contribute to a person becoming a child molester. But sexual orientation is NOT one of them. Being gay does not make you molest children any more than being straight causes you to only be sexually drawn toward legal adults. There are men who molest children, and there are women. There are straight people who molest children, and there are gay people. Neither gender nor sexual orientation actually contributes to a person becoming a child molester.

Gekaap, you're a piece of work. You just paraphrased what I said in my last reply. Maybe a remedial reading comprehension class would help you.

Then you need to explain how, if what you've said is nothing different then what I've said, you justify your contention that being gay has anything to do with child molestation, when I explicitly said otherwise.

Reading some of the replies from the gays responding to this thread has led me to a valid conclusion. Gays, aren't only sexual deviants they are really stupid people. Gekaap, Seawtch, and Bodecea, it amazes me that you folks are allowed to walk the streets unsupervised.

PS. Gekaap, I forgot to tell you earlier but I think that your clown suit very appropriately compliments your persona. Excellent choice.:up:

Reading some of the replies from the gays responding to this thread has led me to a valid conclusion. Gays, aren't only sexual deviants they are really stupid people. Gekaap, Seawtch, and Bodecea, it amazes me that you folks are allowed to walk the streets unsupervised.

How amusing. The Goddess of Irony is well pleased.

You, of course, are welcome to explain what is so puzzling about my replies to you.

Once again showing why you are the boards latest Renaissance man

We are going to have a lot of fun with you

Forum List

Back