Poll: Who has enforcement authority of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution?

Who does the 14th specify as having the authority to enforce the 14th?

• Congress

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • The Maine SOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A civil court judge in Colorado.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
I would argue that since the constitution specifically gives states control over elections, That they have the authority to enforce the fourteenth amendment on their own.

Right, that's what Trump's side wanted them to focus on and the granted that request. They were asked by the other side to address the matter of insurrection and determine once and for all where Trump was an insurrectionist. They denied that. They could of chosen to but they decided not to. What is still confusing you?
Haha no they couldn’t. Because there was no CO case that found trump guilty of insurrection.

Haha no they couldn’t. Because there was no CO case that found trump guilty of insurrection.
The worst Colorado (or any other State) can do, is disqualify a candidate for State office. Even if their determination that Trump was guilty of insurrection was legit, they still couldn't use it to keep him off the ballot.

I would argue that since the constitution specifically gives states control over elections, That they have the authority to enforce the fourteenth amendment on their own.
OMG. The USSC just said the opposite for FEDERAL elections.
STATES can do what they want for STATE elections.

Right, that's what Trump's side wanted them to focus on and the granted that request. They were asked by the other side to address the matter of insurrection and determine once and for all where Trump was an insurrectionist. They denied that. They could of chosen to but they decided not to. What is still confusing you?
Again, as the SCOTUS pointed out to you, no one has been charged with insurrection!!! Drop mic!

And they decided 9-0
I understand the position of the supreme court but what is a shame is that it took away the ability to stop a piece of shit insurrectionist traitor from being on the ballot. From anyone other then congress. and i mean really why would anyone want to support a piece of shit mentally ill rapist who takes so much drugs that he shits in his pants all the time, and stinks like a open sewer constantly. And then make this shitty person their God and leader.

I understand the position of the supreme court but what is a shame is that it took away the ability to stop a piece of shit insurrectionist traitor from being on the ballot. From anyone other then congress. and i mean really why would anyone want to support a piece of shit mentally ill rapist who takes so much drugs that he shits in his pants all the time, and stinks like a open sewer constantly. And then make this shitty person their God and leader.
This isn't about Biden so

As soon as they're sworn in, the Dem Congress will certainly enact the required legislation to bar Trump from ever holding office again.

They'll also include language that makes it clear that the state courts & SoS have power to ban someone based on A 14 S. 3.

After that they'll move onto the SCOTUS impeachments.

While it's obvious that most of SCOTUS are partisan scum, I have to wonder what thug tactics were used against the Liberal Justices to force them into going along with this.

I understand the position of the supreme court but what is a shame is that it took away the ability to stop a piece of shit insurrectionist traitor from being on the ballot.
so you don't want democracy? hmmmmmmm the will of the people doesn't count huh?

Forum List

Back