The Transexual Teacher in NY.....

Not really. Faith requires that you believe in something that could be wrong or something that could not exist, just like believing that transsexualism is something a person is born with, but could not necessarily be so.

A Christian will be able to admit that there is a margin of error that what they believe could be completely wrong and untrue.

That's what I did about transsexualism.

You've changed your entire argument. Now it's believing transexualism is something a person is born with.

You've got some nerve comparing something sick, perverted, against the laws of nature and otherwise out-n-out freakish to Christianity. You keep grasping for those straws, no matter how far up your ass you have to go for them. Hell, you probably enjoy it anyway.

I wonder how society embraces people so mentally/emotionally screwed in the head, and calls it 'diversity'.

It's a shame. That 'teacher' needs professional help - it's sickening to have that person teaching kids. The only thing worse is gay-adoption. :(

It's not "society". It's low level bureaucrats with delusions of grandeur. School officials these days have an "us versus them" mentality. Anyone connected with the school is on one side, and anyone not connected with the school is on the other. The issue really doesn't matter. It's a closed system where any dissent is seen as a threat.

Well trained parents just go along. Anyone who doesn't go along is seen as abnormal. A trouble maker. A "bad parent".

There's nothing you can do about it.

You've changed your entire argument. Now it's believing transexualism is something a person is born with.

You've got some nerve comparing something sick, perverted, against the laws of nature and otherwise out-n-out freakish to Christianity. You keep grasping for those straws, no matter how far up your ass you have to go for them. Hell, you probably enjoy it anyway.
I enjoyed that comparison dammit!

No, I said that I believe transsexualism is something someone was born with, though I put it in the context that some people are born into the wrong gender. I also left the fact that I believe I could be wrong open.

With my comparison to Christianity, I was putting forth the fact that they could be wrong just as I could be wrong.

It is in their face already. It made the national news, so it's not only in the kids' face, it's in my face, your face and millions of others' faces. It's kind of hard for a kid not to notice that Miss Smith used to be Mr. Smith last year. And if they don't notice, some kid's older brother or sister is going to tell them that their teacher used to be a guy and had an operation to become a lady. Knowing how kids like to torment their younger siblings, they'll tell their younger brothers and sisters.... "you know what THAT means don't you? They have an operation where they get their wiener cut off!!!!" and then the kids are going to be terrified, tell their classmates and before you know it, it will be all over the school (and in the national news media) so that's another part of the "in your face" part of it.

I assume you met your T-friends when you were an adult, not when you were an elementary school age kid. THAT'S the difference here. You had the emotional maturity to deal with it. That is something that kids don't have yet.

Here's the big deal. Kids lack maturity. They don't understand, nor do they have the wherewithal emotionally to understand something something like a transsexual.

Kids shouldn't have to deal with a teacher who used to be a guy and is now a so called woman. There is time for that sort of thing when they grow up, when they have the emotional maturity to deal with it. Kids should be left to be kids. Anyway, if a guy wants a sex change operation, why should he be burdening other peoples' kids with it? He's an adult, if he has the "courage" to switch sexes, then she should have the courage to change jobs where there aren't any kids involved.

Frankly, in my opinion, people that want sex change operations are no different than women who are anorexic. They have a problem with their bodies and accepting themselves as they are. We don't allow anorectics to starve themselves, we shouldn't just let a person get a sex change operation because he "feels" that he should be a woman. Frankly, it seems to me the person has psychological problems that aren't being addressed. I know that the standards for getting a sex change operation have been relaxed significantly in recent years.
I kudos you on all that, really I do. I do believe, however, that the person in question wasn't being in their face about it. The person made a statement so the class'd know why he was dressed as a woman and then he went on to normal lesson plans.

But I do agree that the older siblings will torture their younger siblings with it. It's what they do and are oft wont to do. I know my cousins (I didn't meet my sister until I was 13) would've done it. But they did far worse. But that's besides the point.

I think the school could've handled this differently in that they could've told the teacher not to talk about it, but I think forcing the person to change their job just because of that isn't fair.

I still say that it's a born-with thing, but as I"ve said prior, I could be wrong and I"m open to the fact that I could be wrong.

I kudos you on all that, really I do. I do believe, however, that the person in question wasn't being in their face about it. The person made a statement so the class'd know why he was dressed as a woman and then he went on to normal lesson plans.

But I do agree that the older siblings will torture their younger siblings with it. It's what they do and are oft wont to do. I know my cousins (I didn't meet my sister until I was 13) would've done it. But they did far worse. But that's besides the point.

I think the school could've handled this differently in that they could've told the teacher not to talk about it, but I think forcing the person to change their job just because of that isn't fair.

I still say that it's a born-with thing, but as I"ve said prior, I could be wrong and I"m open to the fact that I could be wrong.

I have a serious question: If it's not an innate trait that they are born with, what do you think would explain it?

Btw, I think standing in front of class every day as the opposite sex from the plumbing you were born with is pretty much "in your face". Not all communication is verbal, you know.

I have a serious question: If it's not an innate trait that they are born with, what do you think would explain it?

Btw, I think standing in front of class every day as the opposite sex from the plumbing you were born with is pretty much "in your face". Not all communication is verbal, you know.
I don't know, honestly. I believe it's innate, as I've said numerous timese, but if I'm wrong: I have no clue. I see nothing wrong with doing an in-depth psychological analysis on willing patients.

I know not all communication is verbal, but it's not as if the person's bragging about it day in and day out and forcing themself on the children.

I don't know, honestly. I believe it's innate, as I've said numerous timese, but if I'm wrong: I have no clue. I see nothing wrong with doing an in-depth psychological analysis on willing patients.

I know not all communication is verbal, but it's not as if the person's bragging about it day in and day out and forcing themself on the children.

I think nature gets things mixed up all the time and I am willing to believe that it could be an inborn trait.

As for the other, I don't think hearing the bragging means much compared to actually being confronted with it.

It is in their face already. It made the national news, so it's not only in the kids' face, it's in my face, your face and millions of others' faces. It's kind of hard for a kid not to notice that Miss Smith used to be Mr. Smith last year. And if they don't notice, some kid's older brother or sister is going to tell them that their teacher used to be a guy and had an operation to become a lady. Knowing how kids like to torment their younger siblings, they'll tell their younger brothers and sisters.... "you know what THAT means don't you? They have an operation where they get their wiener cut off!!!!" and then the kids are going to be terrified, tell their classmates and before you know it, it will be all over the school (and in the national news media) so that's another part of the "in your face" part of it.

I assume you met your T-friends when you were an adult, not when you were an elementary school age kid. THAT'S the difference here. You had the emotional maturity to deal with it. That is something that kids don't have yet.

Here's the big deal. Kids lack maturity. They don't understand, nor do they have the wherewithal emotionally to understand something something like a transsexual.

Kids shouldn't have to deal with a teacher who used to be a guy and is now a so called woman. There is time for that sort of thing when they grow up, when they have the emotional maturity to deal with it. Kids should be left to be kids. Anyway, if a guy wants a sex change operation, why should he be burdening other peoples' kids with it? He's an adult, if he has the "courage" to switch sexes, then she should have the courage to change jobs where there aren't any kids involved.

Frankly, in my opinion, people that want sex change operations are no different than women who are anorexic. They have a problem with their bodies and accepting themselves as they are. We don't allow anorectics to starve themselves, we shouldn't just let a person get a sex change operation because he "feels" that he should be a woman. Frankly, it seems to me the person has psychological problems that aren't being addressed. I know that the standards for getting a sex change operation have been relaxed significantly in recent years.

I think I saw this on Southpark.

I think nature gets things mixed up all the time and I am willing to believe that it could be an inborn trait.

As for the other, I don't think hearing the bragging means much compared to actually being confronted with it.
Pffft, if he's just feminine enough, he could easily change his appearance without anyone noticing. And that was my attempt to be humorous there.

In sincerity, I know. But I still believe that unless he's being really flaming about it, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Not really. Faith requires that you believe in something that could be wrong or something that could not exist, just like believing that transsexualism is something a person is born with, but could not necessarily be so.

A Christian will be able to admit that there is a margin of error that what they believe could be completely wrong and untrue.

That's what I did about transsexualism.

be‧lieve  /bɪˈliv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bi-leev] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -lieved, -liev‧ing.

–verb (used without object) 1. to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.
–verb (used with object) 2. to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.); give credence to.
3. to have confidence in the assertions of (a person).
4. to have a conviction that (a person or thing) is, has been, or will be engaged in a given action or involved in a given situation: The fugitive is believed to be headed for the Mexican border.
5. to suppose or assume; understand (usually fol. by a noun clause): I believe that he has left town.
—Verb phrase6. believe in, a. to be persuaded of the truth or existence of: to believe in Zoroastrianism; to believe in ghosts.
b. to have faith in the reliability, honesty, benevolence, etc., of: I can help only if you believe in me.

True Christians will not allow for a margin of error. We stake our lives and eternal souls on what we BELIEVE to be.

True Christians will not allow for a margin of error. We stake our lives and eternal souls on what we BELIEVE to be.
Yes you do, but that doesn't mean that you can't be wrong. There is that margin of error you can be wrong. If you can't admit to it, then you blindly follow your faith.

Yes you do, but that doesn't mean that you can't be wrong. There is that margin of error you can be wrong. If you can't admit to it, then you blindly follow your faith.

I do not blindly follow my faith. I hold my faith to be true BECAUSE I have have investigated it, because I have ruled out the likelihood of error. Some things are true. Period.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
I do not blindly follow my faith. I hold my faith to be true BECAUSE I have have investigated it, because I have ruled out the likelihood of error. Some things are true. Period.
I'll give you that. I still hold my personal belief, but that's me.

Sorry...this teacher, in my opinion, does not have the right to be in the classroom during this time. I base this opinion not on any beliefs as to whether or not transexuals are mentally-ill or simply people born as the wrong sex or anything like that...I don't think those distinctions matter in this debate.

What does matter is that a very obvious gender change (or a man dressing up in women's clothes, makeup, etc.) would bring up all sorts of questions about gender, sexuality, appropriate gender-roles, etc., etc., etc. in the minds of that teacher's students. These are things that are simply inappropriate for a teacher to bring up in class...whether intentionally or unintentionally.

While this teacher has the "right" to deal with his/her own issues...s/he does not have the right to confuse or influence his/her students on these matters.

If a teacher is going through a painful divorce...they have the right to experience all of the horrible emotions that go along with that divorce. They do not have the right to cry in class, bad mouth their husband to another teacher in front of students, or discuss their divorce or ex-husband with their students.

Why? After all, shouldn't that teacher have the right to go through their own personal experiences? Yes, absolutely...but they do not have the right to bring inappropriate conversations to their students...be it intentional or otherwise.

I do not have the right to talk about inappropriate things with another teacher during my planning period in the teacher's planning center with the door open...if a student overhears (even if I TOTALLY didn't mean the student to overhear) then I get into a lot of trouble. If I chose to discuss inappropriate issues with other teachers thats my right...but I simply do NOT have the right to discuss, bring up, or influence my children to discuss or think about inappropriate issues...its not my job. I shouldn't be talking with my students about my sexuality, my feelings on my gender, etc. and what this man is doing is basically talking about his sexuality and gender confusion with his students every day simply by being in the classroom.

This teacher is working through some serious issues. In respect for the fact that he/she might be a wonderful teacher, I would support putting him on medical leave until his "transformation" is complete, and then allowing him to return to a brand new class as "Miss," rather than "Mr." but I do not think that he has the right to bring up the issue of being a Mr. who is changing to a Miss with his class...which he does simply by being there...he doesn't even have to say anything.

This isn't about discrimination - its about what is appropriate for a teacher to bring up with their students. A teacher can be gay or straight...they just shouldn't be talking about their sex life with their students. A teacher can be transgendered, in my opinion, they just shouldn't be bringing up the issues related to being transgendered by undergoing the changes while in the classroom.

Sorry...this teacher, in my opinion, does not have the right to be in the classroom during this time. I base this opinion not on any beliefs as to whether or not transexuals are mentally-ill or simply people born as the wrong sex or anything like that...I don't think those distinctions matter in this debate.

What does matter is that a very obvious gender change (or a man dressing up in women's clothes, makeup, etc.) would bring up all sorts of questions about gender, sexuality, appropriate gender-roles, etc., etc., etc. in the minds of that teacher's students. These are things that are simply inappropriate for a teacher to bring up in class...whether intentionally or unintentionally.

While this teacher has the "right" to deal with his/her own issues...s/he does not have the right to confuse or influence his/her students on these matters.

If a teacher is going through a painful divorce...they have the right to experience all of the horrible emotions that go along with that divorce. They do not have the right to cry in class, bad mouth their husband to another teacher in front of students, or discuss their divorce or ex-husband with their students.

Why? After all, shouldn't that teacher have the right to go through their own personal experiences? Yes, absolutely...but they do not have the right to bring inappropriate conversations to their students...be it intentional or otherwise.

I do not have the right to talk about inappropriate things with another teacher during my planning period in the teacher's planning center with the door open...if a student overhears (even if I TOTALLY didn't mean the student to overhear) then I get into a lot of trouble. If I chose to discuss inappropriate issues with other teachers thats my right...but I simply do NOT have the right to discuss, bring up, or influence my children to discuss or think about inappropriate issues...its not my job. I shouldn't be talking with my students about my sexuality, my feelings on my gender, etc. and what this man is doing is basically talking about his sexuality and gender confusion with his students every day simply by being in the classroom.

This teacher is working through some serious issues. In respect for the fact that he/she might be a wonderful teacher, I would support putting him on medical leave until his "transformation" is complete, and then allowing him to return to a brand new class as "Miss," rather than "Mr." but I do not think that he has the right to bring up the issue of being a Mr. who is changing to a Miss with his class...which he does simply by being there...he doesn't even have to say anything.

This isn't about discrimination - its about what is appropriate for a teacher to bring up with their students. A teacher can be gay or straight...they just shouldn't be talking about their sex life with their students. A teacher can be transgendered, in my opinion, they just shouldn't be bringing up the issues related to being transgendered by undergoing the changes while in the classroom.
Agreed. :beer: I'd rather give a 'high 5' but no such smilie here.

Teachers should be teachers. Sure, one can acknowledge one has friends, parents, children, a spouse. No need to go into more than that.

People unknowingly starve themselves to death due to anorexia. They don’t realize the damage that anorexia does to their bodies. Left untreated, anorexia can be fatal. It has been said that Anorexia nervosa has the highest death rate of any illness classed as "psychiatric". Such is certainly not the case for people wanting a sex change operation.

As with any other major mental or physical procedure, the subject should be informed of all of the costs and benefits of having the process and not having the process. Then the subject can make an informed decision.

As for a transvestite teacher, I see no problem with it. Other people might have a problem with it. Some people might have a problem with the “10 Commandments” being posted. Some people might have a problem with the teaching of creationism or evolution. Therefore, I believe in school choice.

People unknowingly stare themselves to death due to anorexia. They don’t realize the damage that anorexia does to their bodies. Left untreated, anorexia can be fatal. It has been said that Anorexia nervosa has the highest death rate of any illness classed as "psychiatric". Such is certainly not the case for people wanting a sex change operation.

As with any other major mental or physical procedure, the subject should be informed of all of the costs and benefits of having the process and not having the process. Then the subject can make an informed decision.

As for a transvestite teacher, I see no problem with it. Other people might have a problem with it. Some people might have a problem with the “10 Commandments” being posted. Some people might have a problem with the teaching of creationism or evolution. Therefore, I believe in school choice.

As usual, using deflection as an argument. We aren't discussing the 10 Commandants, evolution or anything else. We're discussing sick, twisted fucks like you who have their bodies physically altered in an attempt to escape who and what they are.

Forum List

Back