The Transexual Teacher in NY.....

As usual, using deflection as an argument. We aren't discussing the 10 Commandants, evolution or anything else. We're discussing sick, twisted fucks like you who have their bodies physically altered in an attempt to escape who and what they are.
He's making a statement of personal belief in which he firmly states that he believes the issue can be treated similarily to the ones he's listed.

As usual, using deflection as an argument. We aren't discussing the 10 Commandants, evolution or anything else. We're discussing sick, twisted fucks like you who have their bodies physically altered in an attempt to escape who and what they are.

As usual, I am not deflecting the argument. The point that I was making in my last paragraph is that there should be school choice for those who don’t approve of a particular school’s practices. If you find that a school has a transvestite for a teacher, you should be free to send your child somewhere else. Similarly, if there is something that you don’t like about a particular school – the way it teaches about sex, posts the “10 Commandments”, etc. you should be free to send your child somewhere else. That would solve the problem then and there. It is as simple as that.

People unknowingly starve themselves to death due to anorexia. They don’t realize the damage that anorexia does to their bodies. Left untreated, anorexia can be fatal. It has been said that Anorexia nervosa has the highest death rate of any illness classed as "psychiatric". Such is certainly not the case for people wanting a sex change operation.

As with any other major mental or physical procedure, the subject should be informed of all of the costs and benefits of having the process and not having the process. Then the subject can make an informed decision.

As for a transvestite teacher, I see no problem with it. Other people might have a problem with it. Some people might have a problem with the “10 Commandments” being posted. Some people might have a problem with the teaching of creationism or evolution. Therefore, I believe in school choice.

However, until school choice is made a feasible option, the opinions of the local majority should rule the schools.

I wonder how society embraces people so mentally/emotionally screwed in the head, and calls it 'diversity'.
It's a shame. That 'teacher' needs professional help - it's sickening to have that person teaching kids. The only thing worse is gay-adoption. :(

IOU rep for this one!!!

Sorry...this teacher, in my opinion, does not have the right to be in the classroom during this time. I base this opinion not on any beliefs as to whether or not transexuals are mentally-ill or simply people born as the wrong sex or anything like that...I don't think those distinctions matter in this debate.

What does matter is that a very obvious gender change (or a man dressing up in women's clothes, makeup, etc.) would bring up all sorts of questions about gender, sexuality, appropriate gender-roles, etc., etc., etc. in the minds of that teacher's students. These are things that are simply inappropriate for a teacher to bring up in class...whether intentionally or unintentionally.

While this teacher has the "right" to deal with his/her own issues...s/he does not have the right to confuse or influence his/her students on these matters.

If a teacher is going through a painful divorce...they have the right to experience all of the horrible emotions that go along with that divorce. They do not have the right to cry in class, bad mouth their husband to another teacher in front of students, or discuss their divorce or ex-husband with their students.

Why? After all, shouldn't that teacher have the right to go through their own personal experiences? Yes, absolutely...but they do not have the right to bring inappropriate conversations to their students...be it intentional or otherwise.

I do not have the right to talk about inappropriate things with another teacher during my planning period in the teacher's planning center with the door open...if a student overhears (even if I TOTALLY didn't mean the student to overhear) then I get into a lot of trouble. If I chose to discuss inappropriate issues with other teachers thats my right...but I simply do NOT have the right to discuss, bring up, or influence my children to discuss or think about inappropriate issues...its not my job. I shouldn't be talking with my students about my sexuality, my feelings on my gender, etc. and what this man is doing is basically talking about his sexuality and gender confusion with his students every day simply by being in the classroom.

This teacher is working through some serious issues. In respect for the fact that he/she might be a wonderful teacher, I would support putting him on medical leave until his "transformation" is complete, and then allowing him to return to a brand new class as "Miss," rather than "Mr." but I do not think that he has the right to bring up the issue of being a Mr. who is changing to a Miss with his class...which he does simply by being there...he doesn't even have to say anything.

This isn't about discrimination - its about what is appropriate for a teacher to bring up with their students. A teacher can be gay or straight...they just shouldn't be talking about their sex life with their students. A teacher can be transgendered, in my opinion, they just shouldn't be bringing up the issues related to being transgendered by undergoing the changes while in the classroom.

Exactly right!!:clap:

Yes true but Miss sounds so much better:gang1:

Perhaps, can't be Mrs. as I didn't marry my brother or father. I took back my name, for many reasons. Only a few twinges, when the kids wanted me to let them use 'My name'...

:talk2:
i would not have pulled my kid

Why, because you support what the teacher is going through, or because of the inconvenience of changing schools?

I don't think I'd pull my daughter out right away.I would have a big 'talk' with the teacher and if he persisted, I probably would.

I think this teacher should be terminated...makes one wonder about psychological exams...do they not exist in the hiring of teachers...the only exception I could understand would be in the case of a hermaphrodite...and this should be done before the hiring process...anything else is detrimental to the students psychological well being...imo

As usual, I am not deflecting the argument. The point that I was making in my last paragraph is that there should be school choice for those who don’t approve of a particular school’s practices. If you find that a school has a transvestite for a teacher, you should be free to send your child somewhere else. Similarly, if there is something that you don’t like about a particular school – the way it teaches about sex, posts the “10 Commandments”, etc. you should be free to send your child somewhere else. That would solve the problem then and there. It is as simple as that.

Matt, school choice is not the panacea you seem to think it is. It's not that easy to just move your child to another school. You are often taking them from their entire circle of friends, and uprooting them from the classes and teachers they are used to having. Even if it were that easy, letting a transsexual teach, is the type of thing that would be a district-wide policy. Your child would just be going to another school where the same thing or worse can happen as easily. If you move to another district within the state, in our state at least, the adjoining districts would have the same policies.

Now if someone wants to home-school, can afford private school, or is willing to move out of state, their problem may be solved. But not by school choice.

Matt, school choice is not the panacea you seem to think it is. It's not that easy to just move your child to another school. You are often taking them from their entire circle of friends, and uprooting them from the classes and teachers they are used to having. Even if it were that easy, letting a transsexual teach, is the type ofthing that woyud be a district-wide policy. Your child would just be going to another school where the same thing or worse can happen as easily. If you move to another district within the state, in our state at least, the adjoining districts would have the same policies.

Now if someone wants to home-school, can afford private school, or is willing to move out of state, their problem may be solved. But not by school choice.

I’m sorry that I was not thorough in my comment about my opinion concerning education. I also think parents should be given tuition vouchers and that education/schools should be privatized. That would provide people with choice.

Matt, school choice is not the panacea you seem to think it is. It's not that easy to just move your child to another school. You are often taking them from their entire circle of friends, and uprooting them from the classes and teachers they are used to having. Even if it were that easy, letting a transsexual teach, is the type of thing that would be a district-wide policy. Your child would just be going to another school where the same thing or worse can happen as easily. If you move to another district within the state, in our state at least, the adjoining districts would have the same policies.

Yeah, but all that is easy compared to upsetting the already-fragile psyche of a freak.;)

I’m sorry that I was not thorough in my comment about my opinion concerning education. I also think parents should be given tuition vouchers and that education/schools should be privatized. That would provide people with choice.

Yes, that is different from what I thought you meant. Do you advocate taking the gov't out of education completely?

What should we do about teachers who wear religious symbols or who carry Bibles? They might need psychological exams. They might be detrimental to the students’ psychological well being.

Yes, we live in a republic where majority typically rules. If we are not going to have school choice, I think that popular demand should, for the most part, decide issues. I vote and I just don’t see that a transexual would pose much of a risk to a student’s psyche.

Okay. I can imagine that it might pose a very small problem for one or two fragile kids in early elementary school if the public made a big deal of it and if the teacher “shoved it in the student’s faces”. (“Hi, kids. I was a man but I am turning myself into a woman” (or vice versa)). Yet, I think that the kids were more troubled by parents yanking them out of the school than by being taught by a transsexual. It is the over-reaction of the parents to the act than the act itself that poses the greatest risk.

Yes. At least for the most part, I think that, aside from possibly providing student loans and objective information, the Government should stay out of education.

Forum List

Back