The Transexual Teacher in NY.....

What should we do about teachers who wear religious symbols or who carry Bibles? They might need psychological exams. They might be detrimental to the students’ psychological well being.

Yes, we live in a republic where majority typically rules. If we are not going to have school choice, I think that popular demand should, for the most part, decide issues. I vote and I just don’t see that a transexual would pose much of a risk to a student’s psyche.

Okay. I can imagine that it might pose a very small problem for one or two fragile kids in early elementary school if the public made a big deal of it and if the teacher “shoved it in the student’s faces”. (“Hi, kids. I was a man but I am turning myself into a woman” (or vice versa)). Yet, I think that the kids were more troubled by parents yanking them out of the school than by being taught by a transsexual. It is the over-reaction of the parents to the act than the act itself that poses the greatest risk.

Yes. At least for the most part, I think that, aside from possibly providing student loans and objective information, the Government should stay out of education.

way out there...but I am surprised that you did not mention 'smokers' rather than bibles and crosses...lol...amazing simply amazing...ya are the king of analogies...:cuckoo:

way out there...but I am surprised that you did not mention 'smokers' rather than bibles and crosses...lol...amazing simply amazing...ya are the king of analogies...:cuckoo:

You make a good point. What of teachers who smoke? Do they traumatize students? What is so amazing? There is nothing “way out there” about my point. Go ahead refute it.

You make a good point. What of teachers who smoke? Do they traumatize students? What is so amazing? There is nothing “way out there” about my point. Go ahead refute it.

Your comment that bibles and crosses are as damaging to children as presenting oneself as a transexual...a no brainer(way out there)...as for the smoking comment I was being sarcastic...I do believe that smoking is banned in almost every school in the nation if not all...and if teachers chose to smoke at home...so what it isn't in front of the kids!:talk2:

Your comment that bibles and crosses are as damaging to children as presenting oneself as a transexual...a no brainer(way out there)...as for the smoking comment I was being sarcastic...I do believe that smoking is banned in almost every school in the nation if not all...and if teachers chose to smoke at home...so what it isn't in front of the kids!:talk2:

How do you know that some kids were not troubled when practically introduced to Christianity by a math teacher? Also, people can find out if teachers smoke even if the teacher does not smoke in the school. Again, I practically see no problem with a transsexual being a teacher.

Look. It seems like so many of you can only give hype and bravado but when it comes right down to it, you don’t have real stuff to contribute. “Oh no! A transsexual is teaching a class! The sky is falling.” Some of you even pretend to be psychologists and diagnose the teacher as sick. How about showing your credentials. LOL. Yet, as is usually the case, when I challenge you to come up with something scientifically and statistically factual and relevant to the issue, you produce little more emotional rhetoric, hype, irrelevant commentary, erroneous stuff, and fallacious reasoning.

Why, because you support what the teacher is going through, or because of the inconvenience of changing schools?

I don't think I'd pull my daughter out right away.I would have a big 'talk' with the teacher and if he persisted, I probably would.

b/c it's not that serious that's why
would i want a teacher to talk about their sex change w/ my 6 yr old? no

How do you know that some kids were not troubled when practically introduced to Christianity by a math teacher? Also, people can find out if teachers smoke even if the teacher does not smoke in the school. Again, I practically see no problem with a transsexual being a teacher.

Look. It seems like so many of you can only give hype and bravado but when it comes right down to it, you don’t have real stuff to contribute. “Oh no! A transsexual is teaching a class! The sky is falling.” Some of you even pretend to be psychologists and diagnose the teacher as sick. How about showing your credentials. LOL. Yet, as is usually the case, when I challenge you to come up with something scientifically and statistically factual and relevant to the issue, you produce little more emotional rhetoric, hype, irrelevant commentary, erroneous stuff, and fallacious reasoning.

How about this:

I don't want some freak being put into a position that my kid is supposed to respect them.

Is that plain enough for you?

If the teacher had gone to another school, where the students hadn't know him before and she kept her mouth shut, would not have been an issue. It was the teacher's behavior that caused the controversy, the parents were just reacting to what was 'before' and 'after.'

This is not a hard concept: Keep your personal issues out of the school doors.

I would NOT want my kids high school or earlier teachers talking about their sex lives. In this case, since it involved physical appearance, returning to the same school was inappropriate.

How about this:

I don't want some freak being put into a position that my kid is supposed to respect them.

Is that plain enough for you?

No. Please define freak. Perhaps I wouldn’t want some cigarette smoking, Bible-thumping, Holy Roller "freak" being put into a position where my child is to respect him. Therefore, again, I support private education. Parents should be allowed to choose what type of school and teacher their children are to have. You take your kid to a conservative school and I’ll take my kid to a liberal school.

No. Please define freak. Perhaps I wouldn’t want some cigarette smoking, Bible-thumping, Holy Roller "freak" being put into a position where my child is to respect him. Therefore, again, I support private education. Parents should be allowed to choose what type of school and teacher their children are to have. You take your kid to a conservative school and I’ll take my kid to a liberal school.

That's the problem with liberals. The need every little thing explained to them and then they ignore half of it.

Cigarette smoking as yet has not been defined as abnormal behavior and as long it is done away from the school, tough shit.

The same with being a Bible-thumper. As long as it isn't brought to school, no problem.

Clearly the transvestite by bringing itself to school is presenting the issue to the children.

See the difference? Probably not, and I'm sure you have some moronic and irrelevant comment in response, but to quote the board freak: your argument just got knocked down.

Cigarette smoking as yet has not been defined as abnormal behavior and as long it is done away from the school, tough shit.

The same with being a Bible-thumper. As long as it isn't brought to school, no problem.

Clearly the transvestite by bringing itself to school is presenting the issue to the children.

See the difference? Probably not, and I'm sure you have some moronic and irrelevant comment in response, but to quote the board freak: your argument just got knocked down.

Wow. Intellectual honesty and consistency! I’m impressed. As long as smokers do not pose a threat to the kids – and keep smoking away, and as long as Christian teachers keep their bibles and religious symbols at home, I have no objection to their teaching. Likewise, as long as transsexuals keep their transformation as quiet and as possible and not draw attention to it, I have no problem with transsexual teachers.

Wow. Intellectual honesty and consistency! I’m impressed. As long as smokers do not pose a threat to the kids – and keep smoking away, and as long as Christian teachers keep their bibles and religious symbols at home, I have no objection to their teaching. Likewise, as long as transsexuals keep their transformation as quiet and as possible and not draw attention to it, I have no problem with transsexual teachers.

Obviously, the issue of the transexual -- the topic at hand -- has NOT been kept quiet. It's all over the news and obviously the parents knew of it otherwise they would not have complained.

Obviously, the issue of the transexual -- the topic at hand -- has NOT been kept quiet. It's all over the news and obviously the parents knew of it otherwise they would not have complained.

Yes. It is a shame. As I said previously in this thread, Yet, I think that the kids were more troubled by parents yanking them out of the school than by being taught by a transsexual. It is the over-reaction of the parents to the act than the act itself that poses the greatest risk. Let us be intellectually honest and consistent. Should a Christian or a smoker be removed if some parents complained about them?

Yes. It is a shame. As I said previously in this thread, Yet, I think that the kids were more troubled by parents yanking them out of the school than by being taught by a transsexual. It is the over-reaction of the parents to the act than the act itself that poses the greatest risk. Let us be intellectually honest and consistent. Should a Christian or a smoker be removed if some parents complained about them?

Go back to my previous post. I personally would have a problem with my children being taught anything outside the school's curriculum. Morals, religion and whether or not they should smoke is MY job.

So again, if a teacher is a smoker or Christian and does not smoke in front of and/or attempt to push religion in the classroom, the parents do not have an issue. Likewise, if no one knows the teacher is a transexual, then no one knows to complain.

I think parents should have the right to have their children removed from being in a specific teacher's classroom if they can justify their request. I consider the fact that the children know the teacher is a transexual to be justification to honor such a request.

I disagree the parents overreacted. Parents are responsible for raising their children and teaching them right from wrong. Removing them from the influence of a sexual deviant falls within those parameters.

Go back to my previous post. I personally would have a problem with my children being taught anything outside the school's curriculum. Morals, religion and whether or not they should smoke is MY job.

I think that we are actually in agreement here.

So again, if a teacher is a smoker or Christian and does not smoke in front of and/or attempt to push religion in the classroom, the parents do not have an issue. Likewise, if no one knows the teacher is a transsexual, then no one knows to complain.

I agree. I agree.

I think parents should have the right to have their children removed from being in a specific teacher's classroom if they can justify their request.

I agree to an extent. I would modify it to say that parents should have the right to have their children removed from a specific teacher’s classroom for any reason aside from failing grades.

I consider the fact that the children know the teacher is a transsexual to be justification to honor such a request.

If the parents must justify request to have the children removed, I don’t see having a transsexual teacher as a legitimate justification unless the children are concerned and pose difficult questions.

I remember a philosophy teacher who, I found out, attended Church. Halfway through the school year, I asked if he was a Christian. He claimed to be a Christian. I thought that he was a good teacher and his being a Christian did not bother me. In fact, I enjoyed his class so much that if he had said that he was a homosexual, I doubt that it would have bothered me.

I disagree the parents overreacted.

Okay. We agree to disagree.

Parents are responsible for raising their children and teaching them right from wrong.

I completely agree with that statement without hesitation or disclaimer.

Removing them from the influence of a sexual deviant falls within those parameters.

For me, it would depend on the age of the child and on to what extent the teacher is a sexual deviant. If the teacher were involved in necromancy or bestiality, I think that I would ask that my child be removed from the teacher’s class. If child is several years old and the teacher is a man who wants to become a woman (or a woman wanting to be a man) I probably would not ask my child to be removed.

Forum List

Back