The tragedy of the excessive minority birth rate

The Republican party is the party of unwed teen motherhood.

evidence or just being a goofy liberal??

Republicans gave unwed teen motherhood a standing ovation at their last convention making it obvious that they love unwed teen motherhood.

actually a standing ovation for one person is not supporting the welfare entitlement abortion divorce feminist culture that has destroyed the traditional American family

didn't know they were. Any reason to think they are doing that??

In several states the Republican legislatures have tried to pass Life begins at Conception laws.

Conception is when the egg gets fertilized NOT when it implants. The pill for example tries to prevent both fertilezation but also implantation of the fertilized egg. Almost any hormonal birth control works that way. It fools the womans body into thinking its already pregnant so further pregnancies cannot occur. So if they passed those laws, they would have outlawed the birth control pill and most other forms of hormonal birth control.

I can understand the argument against abortion, but theyre setting their sights on birth control now, and what reason could they possible have for outlawing a married couple planning a family responsibly?

Could it be we need more white people?

what?? why white people? Don't be cute say what you mean

honestly?

I was riffing off your original post.

but lets look at it for a moment. ( and this is just off the top of my head CRAZY conspiracy suposition, NOT a real accusation at all )

If one was worried about white people becoming a minority in this country, because the minorities are producing more children than whites, then to combat that you muct either stop the minority births OR increase the birth rate of white children.

Now lets throw a little racism in there ( because tehre would HAVE to be some racism if the worry is OMG White people will be outnumbered ) Obviously a racist would believe that White People are more responsible than other races. So of course the white birth rate is low because whites take precautions and behave repsonsibly.

First thing you would have to do is remove birth control from the equation in order to raise the white birth rate. Remove any chance for the whites to behave responsibly.

And we arent talking about single people here, but married people who use birth control so they can have children when its within their means, when they can afford it and support those kids. Responsible white married couples would be the bane of someone trying to increase the white borth rate.

Anyway you get the crazy picture. I dont really think thats going on. Im just throwing out a what if? because I think its kinda funny when you add your original post to the laws they were recently trying to pass.

They were pandering to Palin supporters.

That's what I expect from most right-wingers......Nasty, dishonest, and stupid.

I didn't destroy the family. I've been once and I've been married for a long time.

As much as it pains me to say this, I have to disagree. In this, they, the "liberals destroyed the family " crowd, may have a point, though I seriously doubt their could articulate it.

Think about it for a moment.

There used to be a stigma attached to unwed pregnancies and divorce. We as a society tried to avoid such things at all costs because of that stigma. We would be faced with public shame. that shame was a powerful deturrent. It forced people to wait for marriage or if they did get pregnant to marry quickly. Then, they stayed together because divorce held the same shame.

But as we rejected that stigma and became more tolerant, unwed pregnancies and divorce became more prevenlent and accepted. people were no longer forced by cultural standards to get married if a pregnancy occured ( hence my babys daddy instead of my husband )

Now some would say that its the destruction of the family. Others would say the family has simply changed.

But every change has both positive and negative effects. So as we become more tolerant, we will see some of those negative effects statistics rising. In this, the "liberals destroyed the family" may actually have a point because it IS tolerance that allows for these stats to continue to rise. It is FREEDOM from the social stigma and the LIBERTY to choose for ourselves.

Crazy, huh?

Let's use your argument on the topic of gays, interracial marriage and integration.

what?? how would argument apply??? You clean forgot to say??

It is FREEDOM from the social stigma and the LIBERTY to choose for ourselves.

Freedom is, of course, a far trickier business than most make it out to be.

in the old days a pregnant teen moved out of town with her family if she was lucky. The Republican message was clear. Today a family builds an extention on the house and help raise the child. The liberal message is clear, and the American family is destroyed.

As much as it pains me to say this, I have to disagree. In this, they, the "liberals destroyed the family " crowd, may have a point, though I seriously doubt their could articulate it.

There used to be a stigma attached to unwed pregnancies and divorce. We as a society tried to avoid such things at all costs because of that stigma. We would be faced with public shame. that shame was a powerful deturrent. It forced people to wait for marriage or if they did get pregnant to marry quickly. Then, they stayed together because divorce held the same shame.

But as we rejected that stigma and became more tolerant, unwed pregnancies and divorce became more prevenlent and accepted. people were no longer forced by cultural standards to get married if a pregnancy occured ( hence my babys daddy instead of my husband )

Now some would say that its the destruction of the family. Others would say the family has simply changed.

But every change has both positive and negative effects. So as we become more tolerant, we will see some of those negative effects statistics rising. In this, the "liberals destroyed the family" may actually have a point because it IS tolerance that allows for these stats to continue to rise. It is FREEDOM from the social stigma and the LIBERTY to choose for ourselves.

Crazy, huh?

Let's use your argument on the topic of gays, interracial marriage and integration.

what?? how would argument apply??? You clean forgot to say??

Think.

the welfare entitlement abortion divorce feminist culture that has destroyed the traditional American family

You're not making sense. There isn't a causal relationship there with the possible exception of welfare. Welfare has had a bad effect on many families involved in it but it can't be blamed for destroying other families.

The rest of it is patent nonsense. Liberals aren't responsible for divorce any more than right-wingers are and abortion hasn't been shown to have been the cause of increased out of wedlock births.

The Republican message was clear.

What's the Republican message on unwed motherhood now? I don't hear any unified plan for shunning unwed mothers from Republicans.....I'm I missing something?

in the old days a pregnant teen moved out of town with her family if she was lucky. The Republican message was clear. Today a family builds an extention on the house and help raise the child. The liberal message is clear, and the American family is destroyed.

And in the old days gays hid in the closet, married the opposite sex, lived miserable lives and raised damaged kids. The Republican message was clear. Today they can join the military, get married to same sex partners and adopt kids. The liberal message is clear, and the American family is reborn.

the welfare entitlement abortion divorce feminist culture that has destroyed the traditional American family

You're not making sense. There isn't a causal relationship there with the possible exception of welfare. Welfare has had a bad effect on many families involved in it but it can't be blamed for destroying other families.

women got welfare, men wern't needed and went to the street corner and then to jail. There is a discipline in maintaining a family. When you thrust a huge uncivilized measure like welfare into a society the discipline breaks down. First blacks becuase they were the targets then browns with whites following.

Pat Moynihan was asked what happen in 19th Century england to an unwed mother. He said, "she died." Now you know where the discipline of family came from and why government was willing to support it.

Liberals reversed evolution and are destroying civilization, and now you know too

They were pandering to Palin supporters.

That's what I expect from most right-wingers......Nasty, dishonest, and stupid.

I didn't destroy the family. I've been once and I've been married for a long time.

Crazy, huh?

There are negative effects there as well.

My two best friends in high school were both products of interracial marriage. They were teased and bullied mercilessly throughout grade school and high school.

Eventually tolerance will win out and people of mixed race will not be treated like that, but one of my friends told me he felt like he had to choose which group to be a part of because culturally the two sides of his family were very different.

My granddaughter is mixed race and I hope things have gotten better so she doesnt face the same troubles from other kids. kids are cruel.

gays? Not sure what the negative effects of tolerance of gay people would be. I honestly cant think of any. Doesnt effect me at all...but if one of my kids were gay I suppose it would effect me. Id love them anyway. As long as they were loved and happy thats all I care about anyway.

I will say this:

there was an episode of West Wing where Rob Lowe was arguing about gays in the military with some generals. then the dad from Good Times walks in ( he was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs ) and Rob Lowe asked him what he thought.

Good Times dad said: "There are some who say that allowing gays to serve openly will disrupt the unit. And disruption of the unit would make our job harder. and theyre right. It would disrupt the unit."

Then he added

"The problem with that argument is they said the same thing about allowing balcks to serve in the same unit as whites. It would disrupt the unit. And they were right. It did. But the unit adapts and becomes stronger for it."

Ive always looked at it that way. Yes, there will be negatives to go along with the positives, but we have to adapt and become stronger for it.

Yeah, I know. Not the best answer, but its the best one I have. :)

Last edited:

Sorry Ed but its the TOLERANT mind that builds the extention on the house. Its the INTOLERANT mind that sends the pregnant teen out of town.

Which side preaches tolerance?

I couldnt agree more.

True freedom means allowing things you disagree with to ensure your own freedom as well.

but not allowing stupid deadly destructive things. In your idiotic world would parents raise kids or give them freedom.
You want each generation to reinvent the wheel and then hide it from the next. Our strength is that we transmit culture from one generation to the next

evidence or just being a goofy liberal??

Republicans gave unwed teen motherhood a standing ovation at their last convention making it obvious that they love unwed teen motherhood.

of course if it was obvious than it would be Republicans rather than Democrats who wanted to cut the liberal entitlements that destroyed the American family.

And yet they reward an example of that decline of family values?

women got welfare, men wern't needed and went to the street corner and then to jail.

Welfare has had a bad effect on many of the families on it. There isn't a causal relationship between welfare and Bristol Palin having a child out of wedlock though.

Right-wingers reversed evolution and are destroying civilization.

Forum List

Back