The Tea Party

It was called the Fair Tax Movement for years, I mentioned how long in my other post, and it didn't gain much traction, throw the words Tea Party and people associate it with the Boston Tea Party, which was a protest, and wha la. People come on board and start looking into what is going on, and join in the formal protests, marchs on Washington, etc... I'd say its working quite nicely, its got all of the Dems, and Libs talking about it finally
So it is just partisan bullshit. Big surprise.

How do you get Paritsan Bullshit out of that? Are you just not looking at an answer and throwing out the kind of crap people have been throwing out for the last year? You asked for an answer you got one, don't like it, leave the room...

Historically, the Republican Party has been viewed as, generally speaking, the party of lower taxes and smaller government. Whether this view is accurate based on the record of the Bush administration is an interesting question.

Historically, only the very blind would view the GOP this way. I don't mean to be mean, but the GOP is made up of politicians. Politicians never willingly give up power or privledge, and the GOP is no exception.

Not only that, lower taxes and smaller government isn't necessarily the best policy. Cutting taxes without cutting spending is a formula for financial collapse. Smaller government has less ability to thwart issues that impact the public safety.

I'm more for responsible spending and clearly limited government. I can handle more taxes (hand in hand with resposible budgeting) if that is what it takes to financially secure the future of the nation, and I can handle more government (as long as its limits are clearly outlined and held to) to ensure peace, freedom, and prosperity.

Nealz Nuze on boortz.com

Here are some interesting tidbits I read today, And before anyone says something stupid, his facts are backed up by links on the same page...

So if the Gov't is SPENDING 31,000 per household and only collecting 18,000 per household. Your taxes would have to almost double before being caught up to what is currently being spent.

Spending is the issue, Control the Spending, Control the method in which they collect.

But what you've done otherwise is show you are FOR most everything the TEA PARTY is, yet all you can bring yourself to do is trash them.

Where have I trashed them?

Your statement below isn't true. I call that trashing them.

xotoxi said:
Until I see that, the Tea Party is just an anti-Obama, anti-Democrat, pro-Republican organization.

Sounds like expiring Bush's moronic tax cuts will be a good thing. It also sounds like a good case for amnesty.

:eusa_whistle:

Here is a thought, and I'm just throwing it out there, If you all are not opposed to paying more taxes, why not start sending the white house a check for the remainder of your "FAIR SHARE" each time you get a paycheck? Lets say you make $1000 a week, pretty respectable pay, and the Fed's currently take lets say $400.00 out of that for taxes. Why not just send them another $200.00 a week?

xotoxi said:
Until I see that, the Tea Party is just an anti-Obama, anti-Democrat, pro-Republican organization.

I've yet to see much in the way of proof that the Tea Party Movement isn't a pro-GOP movement. They certianly weren't nearly this vocal when DeLay/Frist/Bush were running the show.

Let's see how they act when the next round of GOP'ers come into office.

First of all, where was the Tea Party prior to 2008? It wasn't like the Federal Government during the Bush adminstration was "small government".

Secondly, my personal opinion of the Tea Party will go up significantly if they continue to operate with gusto during the next Republican Presidential Administration and during the next Republican controlled Congress.

they were called ron paul supporters....

Here is a thought, and I'm just throwing it out there, If you all are not opposed to paying more taxes, why not start sending the white house a check for the remainder of your "FAIR SHARE" each time you get a paycheck? Lets say you make $1000 a week, pretty respectable pay, and the Fed's currently take lets say $400.00 out of that for taxes. Why not just send them another $200.00 a week?

Because I'm willing to pay more in taxes when it is coupled with responsible spending. I am completely unwilling to support idiotic spending past my legal obligation.

And for the record, I do buy savings bonds and other Treasury securities from the Feds. So I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to paying down the debt/keeping it out of foreign hands. Plus, I make a tidy profit on it. Tossing my money without prospect of profit after irresponsible spending isn't something I'm willing to do.

But what you've done otherwise is show you are FOR most everything the TEA PARTY is, yet all you can bring yourself to do is trash them.

xotoxi said:

You consider that "trashing"?

Did I say something offensive?

Because that sentence describes YOU.

First of all, where was the Tea Party prior to 2008? It wasn't like the Federal Government during the Bush adminstration was "small government".

Secondly, my personal opinion of the Tea Party will go up significantly if they continue to operate with gusto during the next Republican Presidential Administration and during the next Republican controlled Congress.

they were called ron paul supporters....

I liked those guys. Unfortunately they're still not very welcome in the GOP.

Well I for one feel like I am taxed too much. Across the board. I too have treasury bonds, federal savings bonds. Thats fantastic, maybe we should start a club together. But seriously you make a point to say with Responsible Spending you would support it? Well if you read the Fair Tax legislation you would see that not only does it decrease your overall tax burden, because it spreads it out truly for everyone to pay their fair share, while forcing the Fed's to control their spending.

Whats wrong with that picture?

Well I for one feel like I am taxed too much. Across the board. I too have treasury bonds, federal savings bonds. Thats fantastic, maybe we should start a club together. But seriously you make a point to say with Responsible Spending you would support it? Well if you read the Fair Tax legislation you would see that not only does it decrease your overall tax burden, because it spreads it out truly for everyone to pay their fair share, while forcing the Fed's to control their spending.

Whats wrong with that picture?

I still need to read more on the fair tax proposals.

I will say this: For all the demonizing done about our current tax code, it has a lot of perks to it that are tough to toss aside. The progressive nature of the tax, coupled with exemptions, has been a powerful carrot to convince folks to actually invest and donate money instead of stuffing matresses with it.

Well I would suggest you reading up on it most definitely.....

Because with it gives EVERYONE the same opportunity to pay the same amount of tax. Whether your Rich or Poor, on the same goods.

Money saved by the "Rich" can then be taken and turned into more profit producing avenues, i.e. JOBS!!!

xotoxi said:

Really? You see that as trashing them? I think there's a lot of truth to it.

lol!...the tea partying goddamned fools in my neck of the woods are abortion-prohibitionists, militarists, etc. stinking conservative republican cheerleaders..

...anyone who hasn't figured out that these goddamned conservative republican fools will hand us the same tax bill as the stinking 'liberal democrats' is embarrassingly stoooooooooooooopid..

(tell us again the one about 'reagan the conservative government-cutter,' you rush limbaaaaaaaa glenn beck dopes!)

That's how it appears to me, too.

Forum List

Back