The Tea Party loves the Constitution?

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

Hogwash. You guys put up vague generalities about freedom and liberty..and when asked for specifics on exactly what that means..you point to freedom and liberty for corporate entities. Replace those corporate entities with nobility and yes..you guys are closer to the Tories and Whigs.
I repeat: No one is under any obligation to defend against your stereotypes.

Have you ever considered thinking for yourself?

hi dave. we have our areas of agreement, but i have to say that i disagree with you here because i don't see how she's 'not' thinking for herself but the tea people are. I'm also not sure how your comment responds to a simple request for specifics. That isn't defending against a stereotype, It's simply responding, imo.

I'm actually curious about what your answer.

Then why do they constantly want to change it?

First Amendment: They want to outlaw burning the flag, they want a law to prevent Muslims from building Mosques
Second Amendment: Don't dare touch that one
Fourth Amendment: Support expanded searches in the name of public safety
14th Amendment: They want to change citizenship requirements for Mexicans, do not want it to apply to gays
16th Amendment: They want to repeal the right of the government to collect income taxes
17th Amendment: They do not want Senators directly elected by the people

The group that wraps itself in the Constitution does not seem to appreciate it very much

Got any links that have examples and gives thier reasons for thinking this way?

I don't know many, and am not one myself, but;
!st; I have yet to hear anyone say either of those. Asking muslims not to be assholes, is not breaking the law or wanting to change the Constitution.
2nd; well no shit, that's something Dems, libs and progs want to do away with.
4th; what?
14th; People come into America on a regular basis just to give birth so they can't be sent home.
16th; since when?
17th; the electoral college sucks ass. How many Presidents have won the popular vote, but not been elected?

Sounds like they want to fix what's broken. But broken is how the DNC wants America, so shame on those people that want to make it better.

I believe you just proved the thread starter's point. The Tea Party stands by the constitution except the parts they do not agree with - those are broken and need to be fixed.

Hogwash. You guys put up vague generalities about freedom and liberty..and when asked for specifics on exactly what that means..you point to freedom and liberty for corporate entities. Replace those corporate entities with nobility and yes..you guys are closer to the Tories and Whigs.

hi dave. we have our areas of agreement, but i have to say that i disagree with you here because i don't see how she's 'not' thinking for herself but the tea people are. I'm also not sure how your comment responds to a simple request for specifics. That isn't defending against a stereotype, It's simply responding, imo.

Hi, jillian. The stereotype is "all conservatives worship big business".

That's laughable, and certainly not worth debating.

When did it become a bad thing to work to change the Constitution using the means explicitly provided for in the Constitution itself?

When you're desperately flinging poo, hoping anything will stick.

You and I both swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution, but I don't recall in any of those oath ceremonies a caveat that I could never wish to amend the Constitution. Maybe I slept through that part the three or four times I took the oath.

When did it become a bad thing to work to change the Constitution using the means explicitly provided for in the Constitution itself?

When you're desperately flinging poo, hoping anything will stick.

You and I both swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution, but I don't recall in any of those oath ceremonies a caveat that I could never wish to amend the Constitution. Maybe I slept through that part the three or four times I took the oath.
No, that bit was left out of my oath, too. :confused:

Then why do they constantly want to change it?

First Amendment: They want to outlaw burning the flag, they want a law to prevent Muslims from building Mosques
Second Amendment: Don't dare touch that one
Fourth Amendment: Support expanded searches in the name of public safety
14th Amendment: They want to change citizenship requirements for Mexicans, do not want it to apply to gays
16th Amendment: They want to repeal the right of the government to collect income taxes
17th Amendment: They do not want Senators directly elected by the people

The group that wraps itself in the Constitution does not seem to appreciate it very much

hysterical...........sometimes, the k00ks put the big old pumpkin right on the tee for you with their threads.....................

dummy8-2.jpg

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

No stereotype at all.

And "thinking" is something I wish you guys would do once in a while. With cognition.

it is a stereotype. but to be fair, there is that part of the group calling themselves 'conservatives' (not all of whom are really conservative) who think 'small government' means laissez faire capitalism but don't get offended by government trying to regulate our most personal of decisions.

so what about the constitution is it that you want to 'protect and defend'?

The principles outlined in the Constitution, including the ability to change it through the amendment process. What about you?

again, specifically, what principals do you protect and defend?

No stereotype at all.
:lol: :cuckoo:
And "thinking" is something I wish you guys would do once in a while. With cognition.
Okay, let me try out your kind of "thinking":

All liberals smoke pot, wear Birkenstocks, and drive smoke-belching '74 Volvos covered in loony bumper stickers.

There. How'd I do?

it is a stereotype. but to be fair, there is that part of the group calling themselves 'conservatives' (not all of whom are really conservative) who think 'small government' means laissez faire capitalism but don't get offended by government trying to regulate our most personal of decisions.
I agree. The folks you describe are more accurately termed "Republicans".

The gulf between conservatives and Republicans is growing steadily. We have one liberal party already -- we don't need another.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

"Laissez-Faire" capitalism is the beginning of the end for capitalism itself. Once you eliminate competition, what's left is no longer capitalism. It's corporatism.

All liberals smoke pot, wear Birkenstocks, and drive smoke-belching '74 Volvos covered in loony bumper stickers.

There. How'd I do?

well, this was my favorite car i ever owned

volvo-p1800.jpg

but these are more my kind of shoe:

Goldsnake.jpg

i never got the whole birkenstock thing.

Last edited:

No stereotype at all.
:lol: :cuckoo:

There. How'd I do?

It might have worked had Liberals been lockstep and rote.

They are not.

Like Conservatives.

I basically just need a couple of words during a conversation to suss one out.

Forum List

Back