The Sugar Mountain Thread

i cant get the webcam to d/l here at work...i would say he will start this evening if temps allow...well the guns are out there and firefox doesnt work well with the webcam still looks too warm but that man knows how to make snow.

Last edited:
yo dude...what do you think of the ski patrol....and where else have you skied?

55 and raining....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....the best days of the year...when the guns kick on for the season and of course..when the guns turn off for the season.

Ski patrollers have a tough job and do it well. I couldn't do it and stay sane, especially when its crowded. They don't bother me when I ski fast because I leave a lot of room and am in control. They can tell if someone doesn't know what they're doing.

How 'bout you Bones do you slap on the boards?

naw i blew my right knee out when i was 7....i jumped off a dugout...landed on my knees unfortunately my right knee landed on a coke bottle that pierced it....hit the main artery...the rest is history....i do nordic but alpine is too hard on the knees...but i do a mean ass snow plow...and when i fall alpining..its not a pretty picture..watching me fail about to try to get up...takes someone helping me..plus being 55...i fear broken anything....

its raining right now but the cold is moving in....

you might wanna see that damned thread last night....someone called you a fat old man....i attested to the fact that you are not fat...of course that caused questions...i posted that you ski where i work.....that being true and all...i did not post why i would remember your ass at all...calling me rude...lol...okay maybe i was..but i did say i was sorry about that...so you need to get over it...

so where else do you ski....man does the wv resorts...mostly canaan valley..he has done canada too but that is always hit or miss...he went to whistler and they had no snow..total bummer.

did you know we have our own little moniker for the gossip and such at sugar...

as the bullwheel turns....

that may be too inside a joke for most

It's all I think of when I see the title!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eks7Ru0OUFY&feature=related]YouTube - Neil Young - Sugar Mountain (acoustic)[/ame]

southern man did not endear old neil to anyone down here.....man and his friend go to his concerts...of course they go to bob dylan concerts....which amazes me..why spend the money to hear old mumbles.

southern man did not endear old neil to anyone down here.....man and his friend go to his concerts...of course they go to bob dylan concerts....which amazes me..why spend the money to hear old mumbles.

Ah dear, you're missing out on so much by passing up seeing Neil Young live!

I would give ANYTHING to see him live! You know that vid I posted was from his "Bridge Concert" he has every year. It raises money for the school he started for children with autism. He has 2 sons who have autism.

Ah dear, you're missing out on so much by passing up seeing Neil Young live!

I would give ANYTHING to see him live! You know that vid I posted was from his "Bridge Concert" he has every year. It raises money for the school he started for children with autism. He has 2 sons who have autism.

2 sons with autism...that i didnt know...did you read that report that if you live in a rainy area the chances of kids having autism rises....they cant figure out why yet....

2 sons with autism...that i didnt know...did you read that report that if you live in a rainy area the chances of kids having autism rises....they cant figure out why yet....

No, I have not heard that one. Nobody knows what causes autism, there are many theories out there. You do know I teach some students with austim, right? I went to a conference this summer on autism, so feel free to ask me questions about it, I will try to answer them.

Here, check this out about Neil's School:

Welcome to The Bridge School

now that will make it harder to hate neil young....

Autism shown higher in children reared in rainy weather | Eureka! Science News

so far they are just finding higher rates of autism in rainy areas...not sure why ...
i knew you worked with kids...my son had to pass a background check to volunteer with special needs kids.

this is horrible but a young couple ...friends of son....took their child to a doctor cause he was not talking as much as they felt like he should..the doctor says its autism...they totally freaked out....the child does not have autism the spoiled little bugger just gets what he wants by pointing...i told the momma that if she wouldnt spoil the wee one ...he might start talking...i think doctors use those labels too much...

i realize its a very valid problem but i think over diagnoise has a lot to do with the number of kids labeled with it.

now that will make it harder to hate neil young....

Autism shown higher in children reared in rainy weather | Eureka! Science News

so far they are just finding higher rates of autism in rainy areas...not sure why ...
i knew you worked with kids...my son had to pass a background check to volunteer with special needs kids.

this is horrible but a young couple ...friends of son....took their child to a doctor cause he was not talking as much as they felt like he should..the doctor says its autism...they totally freaked out....the child does not have autism the spoiled little bugger just gets what he wants by pointing...i told the momma that if she wouldnt spoil the wee one ...he might start talking...i think doctors use those labels too much...

i realize its a very valid problem but i think over diagnoise has a lot to do with the number of kids labeled with it.

Well, I don't know about that. I do know just in the building where I teach, we have 25 students labeled with autism, and they really are. And the odd thing is, only two are girls. For some reason boys have autism more than girls.

Forum List

Back