The Sugar Mountain Thread

i wanted to know where you skied to continue the ski patrol discussion ....

have you seen that new reality show...ski patrol...from out west....granted sugar doesnt face anything like that..plus the view from the cages is very limited lol....i just often wondered how our ski patrol ranks etc....

i have found that ski conditions in wv are not that different from sugar...not worth the extra hours of driving...unless you just wanna go somewhere different....did i mention that i worked at beech when bob ash ran it? that was in beech's hayday....the village and all was open and full..had the skating ring..pro shop and the fudge shop....

i wanted to know where you skied to continue the ski patrol discussion ....

have you seen that new reality show...ski patrol...from out west....granted sugar doesnt face anything like that..plus the view from the cages is very limited lol....i just often wondered how our ski patrol ranks etc....

i have found that ski conditions in wv are not that different from sugar...not worth the extra hours of driving...unless you just wanna go somewhere different....did i mention that i worked at beech when bob ash ran it? that was in beech's hayday....the village and all was open and full..had the skating ring..pro shop and the fudge shop....

My first foray into Southern Skiing was at Beech about 6 years ago. The snow was perfect. The lift lines were not too bad (high speed quad) for a Saturday afternoon. The buildings were hokey but cute. The rink was open as I recall. It was a nice set-up, better than Sugar in a lot of ways, with respect to the little village. The lack of trees is not good though. Plus an extra 30 minutes drive through Banner Elk, 25 mph, then through Beech Village itself....

beech has gone so down hill...i slay me....but they are remodeling this year...i hope they do well..with ski hawksnest closed...its gonna be hard on the knuckle draggers that mtn was wide open for them.

woke up to 30 degrees and a light dusting...they are making snow ..check out the cam..they have covered the ground and its beginning to pile....

North Ridge is mainly a beginner's way down from the top. Although if you can catch it early in the morning before there's anyone there it makes a nice mini-downhill run. I love cutting the corner where it dumps out into Upper Flying Mile.

lol remember i dont ski...north ridge? i would have to look at the trail map...i wont be in the cages till it opens more....

thanks for the suggestion of the winery....i always forget what is here...i will take the man to it...and all...i hate wine tastings...i have to pour mine in his glass when no one is looking...that bilmore wine gags me. it is suppose to be blue cold tomorrow...

Bilmore, :lol: Had the wine once when there, but that's not what I go there to see.:

biltmore_img_gettobiltmore.jpg

ahh i have been there a lot..so much that i gave away my last tickets....but i was able to get them cheap then....thru work...not now....but the wine was real sweet...we need a nc forum....i know of 3 of us...you, me and rsg....there has to be more...

Forum List

Back