The Sugar Mountain Thread

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by glockmail, Oct 3, 2008.

1. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    1. They need to go to bar scan tickets like Snowshoe and every resort out west. The lift guys have a hand held scanner that reads a unique serial number and confirms it with the daily list.

The advantage to the resort: greatly reduced forgeries. Much easier verification at lift lines. Reduced potential for false negatives.

The advantage to the customer: Tickets can be purchased almost anywhere. Even on-line and printed from a home computer any time before.

2. Multi-day passes that I am talking about work differently than you are thinking. You buy, say, the equivalent of 10 daily tickets at a discount, something like 20%, and you get what looks like a debit card with a magnetic strip on it that carries a unique serial number. That number is registered with the resort for the transaction, and there are no dates of use associated with it. When you decide to use a day, either then, the next day, or ten years from now, you go up to a "cage", hand them your card and tell them how many daily passes you want. The resort database confirms the card serial number, deducts the requested number of passes, then issues you passes for that day.

If the customer loses the card they can go to administration and get it replaced. The resort still has the card registered in their database so can confirm its owner and amount of available debit.

The advantage to the resort: they get money up-front to pay for capital improvements. The advantage to the customer: 20% off!

2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971

all great suggestions...but guess who runs the mountain...and as long as that is so..he will do as he wishes. bar scanners would be great for the lift guys.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    But the FBI will be able to track you evrywhere ! :lol:

4. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971

good i will never get lost

5. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    They need to change the place from the 70’s beer and lounge look to a 21st century health resort.

1. No smoking anywhere at the resort.
    2. Get rid of the stinking carpet and install a rubber floor like any decent health club.
    3. Change the deep fried and boiled hot dog menu to some decent low carb items like salads, grilled meats, fresh deli, and wraps. Have some authentic German, Austrian items and deserts.
    4. Get rid of the 21 only bar upstairs and turn it into a decent sit-down restaurant where a family can enjoy a leisurely lunch instead of having to go cafeteria style.

6. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    ahhh the sugar hollow club...so 70's lol what can i say....the carpet is terrible but the ski boots damage it fast..i dont drink at the bar at sugar. i dont party as its put.

7. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    The carpet is to prevent slipping, but rubber is better and cleans up, doesn't stink. If you read back on the history of the area the bar used to be a big money maker but with DUI laws people don't do that anymore. A decent restaurant can make them some real money. That nice Italian place in Banner Elk could cater it and staff it. Right now they are renting a storefront next door to them because they're so crowded.

8. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    hmmm i dont have to read back on the history....i dated one of the managers of the sugar hollow club...damn i was history...let me go ponder that concept...in its heyday sugar mtn was wide open...i am speaking of the entire mtn.

9. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    oooooooooo it just dawned on me...you are a non voting tax payer .... let me go snicker and ponder.

10. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Maybe I vote twice, just like the Florida snowbirds do. :D