The Sugar Mountain Thread

no new slope will be opened. no new slope development has open in what 2 decades...matter of fact they are closing....remember mill ridge...small but a doable thing...southern skiing is slowly fading out.

Its not just in The South. Skiing is an athletic activity that requires an investment in learning over a long period of time and Americans are fat, lazy and want instant gratification. There are literally hundreds of small areas in the NE that have gone bankrupt since the 1960's. Southern skiing was started basically as a way to sell real estate. Appalachian will survive since it serves the college, Sugar because it's the largest and Gunther focuses on skiing and competitive events. Beech may go under without some intervention of the homeowners association or village government.

Hawks Nest owners asked the Town of Seven Devils for permission to expand and those assholes denied investment in their community. As a result the home market there will decline and the tax base will shrink.

I heard they had a record cold temperature last night. Add that to the earliest opening last November. Global warming, right? :D

record cold...i dont think so...it got down to like 30 monday night and its 28 degrees here ....now....seems the lights were on last night but not sure which slope...my point....is no new slopes will be build.....in the south....remember all that talk of diamond creek having a slope

record cold...i dont think so...it got down to like 30 monday night and its 28 degrees here ....now....seems the lights were on last night but not sure which slope...my point....is no new slopes will be build.....in the south....remember all that talk of diamond creek having a slope
Cataloochee plans to make 1-2 feet of snow over the next 24 hours and OPEN on Tuesday, October 28th, 2008!
North Carolina Ski Resorts, Ski Resorts in North Carolina, Skiing in North Carolina

damn they did...right now it does seem they have put out a ton of money to open this early....i wonder what the next week will bring for them?

Tell Gunther to get off his ass and turn his nice new guns on.

I see he's got some new ones just like the one at the intersection of Flying Mile and Big Birch. That puppy made a pile of snow 30' deep last year in about a 3 or 4 days. I got air many times on that baby. The new one near the top of Slalom should make a nice launching pad from Tom.

Attachments

• $ski.gif
    $ski.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
looks like everyone is planning to kick up this weekend....i am not sure about appalachian but the normally keeps up with the bigger slopes just fine...the new snow guns are totally kick ass...so you have been up for your passes? i wondered when you would come up...

<---pain in the ass and stalker...nice combo lol...anyways....when he kicks them guns on ..its a sight to see...

o a bit of gossip...the court ruled in favor the annexation of businesses on the main road

the reserves are huge and very noticable now...banner elk is putting in a side walk from town to the mill pond...on the left going in....goes up in the woods there...other than that...no news....well there was a truck on fire at blue ridge village yesterday ..blocked traffic for an hour or so..

so whats up in yapavalley?

you know since we are the only ones using this thread...we should go to pms....*shivers* okay that was just creepy lol...but suppose to be blue cold this weekend...but ray backs off the blue cold at the last minute...accureweather is giving rain

looks like everyone is planning to kick up this weekend....i am not sure about appalachian but the normally keeps up with the bigger slopes just fine...the new snow guns are totally kick ass...so you have been up for your passes? i wondered when you would come up...

<---pain in the ass and stalker...nice combo lol...anyways....when he kicks them guns on ..its a sight to see...

o a bit of gossip...the court ruled in favor the annexation of businesses on the main road

the reserves are huge and very noticable now...banner elk is putting in a side walk from town to the mill pond...on the left going in....goes up in the woods there...other than that...no news....well there was a truck on fire at blue ridge village yesterday ..blocked traffic for an hour or so..

so whats up in yapavalley?

you know since we are the only ones using this thread...we should go to pms....*shivers* okay that was just creepy lol...but suppose to be blue cold this weekend...but ray backs off the blue cold at the last minute...accureweather is giving rain

I'm not sure when I'll be up next. Too much going on. I hope my heat is keeping the pipes from freezing.

That sucks about the annexation. More money to Sugar, no extra services to the businesses, and a recession looming....

All is quite in the little Village of Yadkin....

Someone is always stopping traffic on that road. Last year some ass knocked a pole down across from True Value. Another ran off the road near the honey man. I hate driving around there.

omg i nearly took out the honey man's stand one year....lol...forgot to put on parking brake..and car began to roll....i dread 105 worse....there is a reason for the "stay alive on 105" bumperstickers

Forum List

Back