The St. Louis Six Rescue

I couldn’t agree more. What’s interesting is that the average person (especially in first world countries) knows that dogs and cats have intelligence, emotions, the desire to live and enjoy life, and individual personalities. But those same people see other animals - namely the ones they eat - basically as objects, not worthy of kindness or respect.

The reality is that they’re the same as dogs and cats in all the ways that matter. In fact pigs are ranked even smarter than dogs, and according to some studies, even smarter than a three-year-old human child.

The horrific things that are done every day to farm animals – if done to dogs – would create the hugest outcry from the general public. But most people don’t blink an eye when it comes to farm animals, mainly because they don’t see it, it’s behind closed doors. And also many people choose to not look into it. I think because they know deep down that if they were to look into it, they would have to change their ways. So I think that there’s a lot of sincere ignorance but also some willful blindness as well.
They see animals that "we" traditionally consider "food" as no more than a crop of corn or wheat.

People just don't want to change, so they go through this life with blinders. Once your eyes are open, the world can be a really sad place. Even I try not to dwell on it. It's just too much.. I just gotta believe God knows and will deal with the satanic suffering this world creates. Even more reason to pray, "your kingdom come. You will be done on earth, as it I'd in heaven."

Soon, I hope.

The cows didn't know they were escaping a slaughterhouse, and they went to the streets of St Louis in search of food.

When it comes to Maslow's Hierarchy, cows (most animals) needs are fulfilled if their physiological needs are met.

Cows do not seek love, self-esteem, of self-actualization.
They certainly did know, and they certainly do seek love. ALL animals were created to feel emotions. Humans were created to care for, protect, and see that the rest of creation flourishes, not to tyrannize, kill, or destroy what God has created.

They see animals that "we" traditionally consider "food" as no more than a crop of corn or wheat.

People just don't want to change, so they go through this life with blinders. Once your eyes are open, the world can be a really sad place. Even I try not to dwell on it. It's just too much.. I just gotta believe God knows and will deal with the satanic suffering this world creates. Even more reason to pray, "your kingdom come. You will be done on earth, as it I'd in heaven."

Soon, I hope.
It's true. If people admit that animals are sentient, feel a range of emotions much like our own, suffer, and especially feel pain and fear in the situations we put them in, they would have to change their life styles. It is the real reason most people would rather not know. There will be a judgment by God that includes how we treated the rest of creation.

Forum List

Back