The Speech of a Psychopath

Iridescence

Rookie
Apr 1, 2011
US
So, um, I came across this article... and it is a great example of how incomplete studies can be published. I, personally, do not agree with it as it generalizes the most absurd and common speech pauses as being specific leads to exposing psychopathy. From my own experience and by what I have learned from those around me, these pauses in speech/thought process during a conversation or when used in writing can reveal many things other than murderous tendencies. NOT all psychopaths are of a violent nature, anyways, and it is blasphemous for such an article, for such a report to be publicized as 'having the answers'. It is nothing more than an obvious premature conclusion. It may have potential, but it's leaning toward the wrong direction. It's likely going to end up allowing the masses to determine 'all' of 'us' as psychopaths in the end. Yet, that is an interesting thought, considering... :eusa_whistle:

Psychopaths Share Similar Speech Patterns When Detailing Their Crimes, Study Shows

Psychopaths Share Similar Speech Patterns When Detailing Their Crimes, Study Shows

So then the white house press secretary, Jay Carney needs to be fired.
Talk about uh's and um's.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME-PyP7YBKI]White House Press Secretary Jay Carney's Debut - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
Numbers are merely symbolic of greater depths. Any time I see numbers I know it's flawed, however necessary, still flawed.

so you hate numbers

To the contrary, I find them fascinating and complex. It has merely been my experience that they are symbolic more often than not and usually that entails a good bit of flaw. However, that being said, the mind of man processes numbers most interestingly. Like, as in mind control, there are mysteries... forgotten knowledge that perhaps at one time was mislabeled as something either less than truth or with diminishing value.

Psychopathy is far more common and far more complex than speech pauses could reveal, for sure, however, and as Si pointed out... It is irony that psychopaths would have any hesitation in retelling their crimes, especially IF they are indeed psychopaths by modern definition. Perhaps their speech pauses, according to THIS particular press release, should get them exonerated... and their sentences minimized. :eusa_whistle: Or would it, instead, have the opposite effect on law and do the reverse? :cuckoo:

and they seem to not understand the definitions of words

...definitions that seem to forever be changing, accordingly, most only to lessen value of the original intended meaning... It's likely only further evidence toward our unraveling psyches (of the masses). :eusa_shhh:

Yes definitions of words change over time.

That doesnt mean you can use words in a way that you want reguardless of the current definitions.

That is an indication of sociopathy

Forum List

Back