The Speech Obama Should Have Given

I pulled our military from Iraq

Thank you Boosh!

So...you are congratulating the windbag for his inability to forge a status of forces, for removing a residual force, with the ISIS result?

Just looking for clarity here.

The original agreement signed by President Bush called for removing all of our troops from Iraq by December 2011. If I recall correctly, one of the reasons why a new SOFA may have fell through, was the Iraqi government's decision not to grant OUR soldiers there any immunity and they would be subject to THEIR laws.

What would you have said if President Obama agreed to those terms , so we could keep our military there? Do you think that we should have kept our military there indefinitely? If so, in what capacity?

"ISIS has nothing to do with the power vacuum that Boosh created...."

When Bush left, American troops were there, and ISIS wasn't.

Perhaps you'd like to rethink your statement.

The group now called ISIS formed in 2004. When Bush left, the Bush agreement to remove all troops from Iraq was in place.

When Bush left, he has an agreement that kept American troops there for three year longer.

Obama pulled them out....the result is the chaos he generally leaves behind.

You and Dick Cheney should get married.

Obama is all talk and no action...and we're paying for it.

The Shiites are running so fast, you would think they were Toyota's....

The crazy part is that (if I heard correctly) Iraq has a million man army and they are getting pushed around by approximately 20k fighters. I am willing to bet that the Iraqi government has many of our weapons and vehicles, why aren't they just coordinating and send overwhelming force to beat these guys down?

I pulled our military from Iraq

Thank you Boosh!

So...you are congratulating the windbag for his inability to forge a status of forces, for removing a residual force, with the ISIS result?

Just looking for clarity here.

The original agreement signed by President Bush called for removing all of our troops from Iraq by December 2011. If I recall correctly, one of the reasons why a new SOFA may have fell through, was the Iraqi government's decision not to grant OUR soldiers there any immunity and they would be subject to THEIR laws.

What would you have said if President Obama agreed to those terms , so we could keep our military there? Do you think that we should have kept our military there indefinitely? If so, in what capacity?

They are pissed that Obama didn't turn back on promises to get us out of Iraq, and for some reason go against a 75% US public opinion FOR getting out,

plus the desire of the Iraqi people for us to go...

...can you imagine the political hay the Right would have made out of Obama keeping us in Iraq in the face of all that?

The group now called ISIS formed in 2004. When Bush left, the Bush agreement to remove all troops from Iraq was in place.

When Bush left, he has an agreement that kept American troops there for three year longer.

You and Dick Cheney should get married.

I'm certain you'll meet somebody who is attractive, honest, intelligent, and cultured......they do say opposites attract.

well that's not true.

It is your post that isn't true.

no, actually, it's not. you're ignorant of facts that i'm sure have been pointed out to you before, but for shits and grins we'll do it yet again.

Bush signed a status of forces agreement in 2008. it allowed for the us to keep forces in Iraq until January 1, 2012 unless a new agreement was signed. Iraq wouldn't agree to even 3000 soldiers staying without subjecting them to Iraqi law and prosecution. Since that wasn't an acceptable term for us we kept to the original agreement, again signed by Bush, that required all US forces to leave.
Iraq?s Government, Not Obama, Called Time on the U.S. Troop Presence | TIME.com

now, do you have a source to back up your bullshit claim that Bush had an agreement to keep our forces there longer?

Many thanks also to the Bushies for the world depression that makes jihadism such a good career move, and of course the mindless Pub obstruction and idiotic debt "crises" that hold back our recovery, since we're the only country that can cause a world depression or recovery...

well that's not true.

no, actually, it's not. you're ignorant of facts that i'm sure have been pointed out to you before, but for shits and grins we'll do it yet again.

Bush signed a status of forces agreement in 2008. it allowed for the us to keep forces in Iraq until January 1, 2012 unless a new agreement was signed. Iraq wouldn't agree to even 3000 soldiers staying without subjecting them to Iraqi law and prosecution. Since that wasn't an acceptable term for us we kept to the original agreement, again signed by Bush, that required all US forces to leave.

now, do you have a source to back up your bullshit claim that Bush had an agreement to keep our forces there longer?

Wrong...the other windbag...not you...the one in the White House made no effort to get an agreement.

Who said so?

Obama:

"With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should be a status of forces agreement,” Romney told Obama as the two convened on the Lynn University campus in Boca Raton, Fla., that October evening.

“That’s not true,” Obama interjected. “Oh, you didn’t want a status of forces agreement?” Romney asked as an argument ensued. “No,” Obama said. “What I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.”
Obama Suddenly No Longer Interested in Taking Credit for Ending Iraq War | FrontPage Magazine

Then why did it take so long before ISIS showed up between our withdraw and their appearance?? Because the guy in charge was buying up the Iraqi govt. and only had troops loyal to him in the ranks.. and when the shit hit the fan the troops dropped their weapons, stripped off their uniforms and ran. How the fuck is this Oblama's fault? But yet God gets a pass after impregnating an unwed teen.....and never supporting the child or even being around to help raise the boy???

With the right wing...

rain is obama's fault,
mis-spelled words on the internet are obama's fault,
the hangnail you had when you were 11...his fault too.
Aw. :( Want a hankie?

Michael Goodwin, NYPost, nails it again!
Instead of what the windbag said, here is how a real President might have handled it...

1. "“My fellow Americans, I come to you today from the Oval Office with a heavy heart and sober *humility. Events around the world, including but not limited to the shocking terrorist surge in Iraq, lead me to make a painful admission.

2. “I confess to making serious mistakes on foreign policy. My decisions, centered in the Mideast but also extending to Europe, Russia, Latin America and Asia, were based on flawed assumptions about how others would react to my being president...

3. .... my repeated apologies
But this is taken out word for word from a wet dream diaries of an American neocon

President Obama has now moved your way, OP and all your neocon friends, by sending 300 'advisors' to Iraq.

A little history for those doomed to repeat it...

in May of 1961 President Kennedy sent 400 'advisors' to Vietnam.

its only a matter of time before the right starts moaning about the $$ Obama is spending in Iraq

or the price of oil goes up because of the disturbance in an oil producing country

or the way He ties his shoes

its only a matter of time before the right starts moaning about the $$ Obama is spending in Iraq

or the price of oil goes up because of the disturbance in an oil producing country

or the way He ties his shoes

Oh, they want us back in Iraq so they can run against it in 2016.

I say again, the President should ask Congress for an authorization for the use of force in Iraq;

make those GOP fucktards go on record.

Wrong...the other windbag...not you...the one in the White House made no effort to get an agreement.

Who said so?

Obama:

"With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should be a status of forces agreement,” Romney told Obama as the two convened on the Lynn University campus in Boca Raton, Fla., that October evening.

“That’s not true,” Obama interjected. “Oh, you didn’t want a status of forces agreement?” Romney asked as an argument ensued. “No,” Obama said. “What I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.”
Obama Suddenly No Longer Interested in Taking Credit for Ending Iraq War | FrontPage Magazine

what your quote is saying is that obama did not agree that a status of forces agreement should leave 10,000 troops in Iraq.

it does not say he didn't try to get one. even the gop claimed he was trying to leave soldiers in iraq when it suited them.
Debate Fact Check: Obama Would Have Kept Thousands Of Troops In Iraq Under The Status Of Forces Agreement - GOP

Then why did it take so long before ISIS showed up between our withdraw and their appearance?? Because the guy in charge was buying up the Iraqi govt. and only had troops loyal to him in the ranks.. and when the shit hit the fan the troops dropped their weapons, stripped off their uniforms and ran. How the fuck is this Oblama's fault? But yet God gets a pass after impregnating an unwed teen.....and never supporting the child or even being around to help raise the boy???

With the right wing...

rain is obama's fault,
mis-spelled words on the internet are obama's fault,
the hangnail you had when you were 11...his fault too.
Aw. :( Want a hankie?

Want a Midol?

Who said so?

Obama:

what your quote is saying is that obama did not agree that a status of forces agreement should leave 10,000 troops in Iraq.

it does not say he didn't try to get one. even the gop claimed he was trying to leave soldiers in iraq when it suited them.
Debate Fact Check: Obama Would Have Kept Thousands Of Troops In Iraq Under The Status Of Forces Agreement - GOP

The wind-bag didn't have the ability to work out any agreement at all.

The extent of his foreign policy experience was, once, having breakfast at an International House of Pancakes.

We on the Right warned you about the giving the ingenue a shot at on the job training.

Michael Goodwin, NYPost, nails it again!
Instead of what the windbag said, here is how a real President might have handled it...

1. "“My fellow Americans, I come to you today from the Oval Office with a heavy heart and sober *humility. Events around the world, including but not limited to the shocking terrorist surge in Iraq, lead me to make a painful admission.

2. “I confess to making serious mistakes on foreign policy. My decisions, centered in the Mideast but also extending to Europe, Russia, Latin America and Asia, were based on flawed assumptions about how others would react to my being president...

3. .... my repeated apologies for America’s past and promises we would be more respectful have not had the desired result. I believed we could usher in an age of peace and cooperation that did not require the United States to be the world’s policeman.

4. .... I pulled our military from Iraq and moved toward an early exit from Afghanistan. I recal*ibrated our relationship with Israel and the Palestinians to force Israel to make concessions...

5. “My ‘reset’ with Russia reflected my view that we had needlessly *antagonized that great nation, and that a new flexibility would induce the Russians to become our ally...

6. “I bent over backward to assure the Iranians they need no longer fear America. By giving perfunctory support to the popular uprising there in 2009, I made it clear we would not contest the government’s suppression of its people. I offered to let the ruling mullahs continue their nuclear program,....

7. ...I slashed our military, and it will soon be smaller than it was before World War II.

8. “There is no way to sugarcoat the results, so let me be clear: I was wrong. My policies have not yielded the benefits I promised.
“On the contrary, they have proven to be major contributors to the chaos, violence and repression we see in the headlines.

9. .... the world is a more dangerous place now than before I took office. Additionally, our allies are nervous and interpret my presidency as meaning we will not help them in a crisis.....Your president failed you.

10. ....John McCain and Mitt Romney, were right to doubt the wisdom of my approach. As for President Bush, I now have far greater respect for his efforts to combat the scourge of Islamic terrorism."
The speech Obama should have given about Iraq | New York Post

Hopefully, followed by his resignation.

Now....for Obama voters: I will accept no less than penitential prostration.
Here is the speech he should give now:

I, Barack Hussein Obama, am incompetent and stupid. I am a miserable failure on every level. Even though Joe Biden is a mentally handicapped jackass, he is still smarter than me. I resign. Allahu Ahkbar!

Forum List

Back