The Speech Obama Should Have Given

Wrong...the other windbag...not you...the one in the White House made no effort to get an agreement.

Who said so?

Obama:

"With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should be a status of forces agreement,” Romney told Obama as the two convened on the Lynn University campus in Boca Raton, Fla., that October evening.

“That’s not true,” Obama interjected. “Oh, you didn’t want a status of forces agreement?” Romney asked as an argument ensued. “No,” Obama said. “What I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.”
Obama Suddenly No Longer Interested in Taking Credit for Ending Iraq War | FrontPage Magazine

what your quote is saying is that obama did not agree that a status of forces agreement should leave 10,000 troops in Iraq.

it does not say he didn't try to get one. even the gop claimed he was trying to leave soldiers in iraq when it suited them.
Debate Fact Check: Obama Would Have Kept Thousands Of Troops In Iraq Under The Status Of Forces Agreement - GOP

The wind-bag didn't have the ability to work out any agreement at all.

The extent of his foreign policy experience was, once, having breakfast at an International House of Pancakes.

We on the Right warned you about the giving the ingenue a shot at on the job training.
so... just so i'm clear - you've backed off your claim that he didn't try and now want to say that he didn't have the ability...

i don't necessarily agree. if the person across the table from you in a negotiation has no interest in what you're offering there isn't much you can do to make them take it.

of course, if we really thought that a long term presence in iraq was the correct step to take we probably should have negotiated that earlier, when we had more leverage - like say 2006 or so.

why didn't that happen?

and have you finally given up trying to claim that obama did anything other than obey the agreement as negotiated and signed by president bush's administration?

what your quote is saying is that obama did not agree that a status of forces agreement should leave 10,000 troops in Iraq.

it does not say he didn't try to get one. even the gop claimed he was trying to leave soldiers in iraq when it suited them.
Debate Fact Check: Obama Would Have Kept Thousands Of Troops In Iraq Under The Status Of Forces Agreement - GOP

The wind-bag didn't have the ability to work out any agreement at all.

The extent of his foreign policy experience was, once, having breakfast at an International House of Pancakes.

We on the Right warned you about the giving the ingenue a shot at on the job training.
so... just so i'm clear - you've backed off your claim that he didn't try and now want to say that he didn't have the ability...

i don't necessarily agree. if the person across the table from you in a negotiation has no interest in what you're offering there isn't much you can do to make them take it.

of course, if we really thought that a long term presence in iraq was the correct step to take we probably should have negotiated that earlier, when we had more leverage - like say 2006 or so.

why didn't that happen?

and have you finally given up trying to claim that obama did anything other than obey the agreement as negotiated and signed by president bush's administration?

"if the person across the table from you in a negotiation has no interest in what you're offering there isn't much you can do to make them take it."

Diplomacy.

That was his job.

He couldn't do it.

Selecting the best candidate for the presidency was your job.

You couldn't do it.

Exposed: two failures.

Forum List

Back