The Sound of a Swamp Draining

You seem to realize a lot of things that don’t exist in reality. Carry on if it makes you happy
But that is reality. The EPA is staffed with Marxists.
How do you know? Last I check Pruitt was running the joint. How many marxists has he fired?
It's virtually impossible to fire civil servants and career bureaucrats. Furthermore, he would have to fire everyone in the entire department to clean out all the Marxists. Your standard is not the measure of how many Marxists infest the department.
He can do what he wants. He is the director backed by the president backed by a Republican majority congress. It’s been over a year. What’s left is on him

Wrong. He can't just arbitrarily fire civil servants. Anyone who has worked in governmnt knows that. There are plenty of laws that make it extremely difficult. You and your ilk would be the first ones screaming if he tried it. You're one of the ones crying over that douchebag McCabe getting fired.

To sum up, your full of shit.
There’s a flat out lie...Show where I cried about McCabe... quote me.

If they are Marxist trying to destroy our country then it wouldn’t be an arbitrary firing, it would be justified. So they are either as you describe and qualified for termination or you are full of shit. My money is on the latter.

Today’s climate is optimal, for us, since we tend to build our ports where the water currently meets the land. Actually we can control the weather and have been for millennia. Burning forests to promote grassland is one example. Cutting down forests and changing the land into a desert is another.

There is no proof of any of that.
Check the historical record. I didn't make it up.
The historical record shows this claim to be not just untrue, but laughable. The HISTORICAL record shows that the temperature during the Minoan, Roman, and Medieval Warming Periods was at least two degrees warmer than the present day, and culture flourished. There was more technological, and cultural advance during those climate optimums than at any other time in mans history.
The Greeks aren't laughing. When the Minoans & Greeks first came to their islands they were thickly forested. They cut down the forests to build ships and removed a major source of atmospheric moisture. Those islands today are dry and barren. The same thing happened all through the Mediterranean.

Today’s climate is optimal, for us, since we tend to build our ports where the water currently meets the land. Actually we can control the weather and have been for millennia. Burning forests to promote grassland is one example. Cutting down forests and changing the land into a desert is another.

The historical record shows this claim to be not just untrue, but laughable. The HISTORICAL record shows that the temperature during the Minoan, Roman, and Medieval Warming Periods was at least two degrees warmer than the present day, and culture flourished. There was more technological, and cultural advance during those climate optimums than at any other time in mans history.
The Greeks aren't laughing. When the Minoans & Greeks first came to their islands they were thickly forested. They cut down the forests to build ships and removed a major source of atmospheric moisture. Those islands today are dry and barren. The same thing happened all through the Mediterranean.

I frankly don't believe that. Rainfall has always been sparse in Greece. That's why they grow olives there.

They are? The only Greek isles that were ever barren and dry, were those immediately after a volcanic eruption. Maybe you're thinking of Delos? That island is indeed dry and barren, of course it is mainly rock so that makes sense. The people who lived there (the mythical home of Apollo BTW) had to import most of their food even when it was a happening place.
20.jpg

Below are what Greek isles look like that are not mainly rock.

img2.jpg
yacht-getaways-luxury-sailing-greece-305.jpg
shipwreck-beach-zante-island-ionian-islands-greek-islands-greece-europe-E08R31.jpg
article-2543462-1AE0201300000578-374_634x422.jpg

Paul Manafort. David Shulkin. Omarosa. General Flynn. Rob Porter. Steve Bannon. Ryan Zinke. Scott Pruitt. Tom Price. Anthony Scaramucci. Reince Priebus. George Papadopoulos.

Man, that's a YUGE swamp you have, Mr. Trump!

They are? The only Greek isles that were ever barren and dry, were those immediately after a volcanic eruption. Maybe you're thinking of Delos? That island is indeed dry and barren, of course it is mainly rock so that makes sense. The people who lived there (the mythical home of Apollo BTW) had to import most of their food even when it was a happening place.
20.jpg

img2.jpg
shipwreck-beach-zante-island-ionian-islands-greek-islands-greece-europe-E08R31.jpg
Good luck building a ship from any of that scrub.

Paul Manafort. David Shulkin. Omarosa. General Flynn. Rob Porter. Steve Bannon. Ryan Zinke. Scott Pruitt. Tom Price. Anthony Scaramucci. Reince Priebus. George Papadopoulos.

Man, that's a YUGE swamp you have, Mr. Trump!
Scott Pruitt is the current head of the EPA, dumbass.

20.jpg

img2.jpg
Good luck building a ship from any of that scrub.

No problem, there are still boat builders who still make them the old way. You should go to Greece and Crete some time. They are wonderful places. I prefer Crete because it is less traveled and the Minoan sites are spectacular. Their ability to transport water is amazing. You see the Aegean has ALWAYS been dry, one of the driest on Earth. The southern region averages between 15 inches and 30 inches per year. As a for instance 10 inches of rain on average is what your common desert gets. The further north you get, the more rain you get. I think 40 inches is the highest average for the country but i could be wrong there.

spetses-boatbuilding-2.jpeg
susi-2-turkey-crete-09-759.jpg

No, I am not against building dams to control floods, and I am not against building sea walls to protect against ocean rise. I am for working with mother nature for our mutual benefit. I am against futile efforts to fight mother nature.

Yes, I know that Republicans created the EPA to clean up our water and our air. Mission accomplished. Time for the EPA to go.
Who exactly is for futile efforts to fight mother nature?

So we now have clean air and water thanks to the EPA. What makes you think the air and water will stay clean?
Actually, our air and our water are not cleaner than they were. They are worse.

They EPA piggy backed on cleanups that would have happened anyway, and then pretend they are the *cause*. Meanwhile, the rest of our rural streams and the air in our cities becomes increasingly foul.
upload_2018-3-23_9-38-5.png
upload_2018-3-23_9-38-45.png
Lake Erie then
upload_2018-3-23_9-39-30.png

Thanks, I read that one too after I saw the OP was sourcing the bias daily caller. Sad that now a days we gotta Read multiple accounts of the same report to get a sense of what the facts are.
yeah, I have sort of mixed feelings on the science thing. On one hand, there are people funding solely by industries that want to pollute more and cheaper, so the EPA is a target. But on the other hand, it does seem like the EPA attracts employees who are elitist tree hugger types.
The best is to have the majority be honest actors that are not going to lie to push a political agenda. I think most people have integrity enough to do that. Also good to have industry people mixed with environmentalists so we are protecting both our businesses and our environment

yeah, I also think that the EPA should build a consensus about what it'll regulate. There's really no debate about how much pig and chicken shit in water or emissions in the air. Coal being the outlier because the few really rich coal mine owners are fighting a last ditch (scorched earth(-:) war.

the regulating of western arroyos that flood maybe once a year ...... come on. Global warming seems rather proven, but maybe let some people die so opinion solidifies.
The EPA needs to be defunded entirely.
And all hazardous waste dumps, etc. built/moved to Red states and Red counties since they are loved so much.

Forum List

Back