The "Skittles Effect"

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
While some segments of the media have consistently exploited the imagery of Trayvon Martin's possession of Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea to project the impression of Martin as an innocent child bringing home some candy. I call this effort the Skittles effect.

More recently I read that a popular underground intoxicant called "Lean" and "Purple Drank" is concocted by mixing Robitussin, an over-the-counter cough suppressant, with Arizona Iced Tea and Skittles. Trayvon's Skittles, Arizona Iced Tea and something called 'Purple Drank' - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com

Is this true? Or is it pro-Zimmerman propaganda?

While some segments of the media have consistently exploited the imagery of Trayvon Martin's possession of Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea to project the impression of Martin as an innocent child bringing home some candy. I call this effort the Skittles effect.

More recently I read that a popular underground intoxicant called "Lean" and "Purple Drank" is concocted by mixing Robitussin, an over-the-counter cough suppressant, with Arizona Iced Tea and Skittles. Trayvon's Skittles, Arizona Iced Tea and something called 'Purple Drank' - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com

Is this true? Or is it pro-Zimmerman propaganda?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7bv7Ce8-Q]Dave Chappelle - Sunny D (i want that purple stuff...) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back