The "Shut Up" Culture

Perhaps some of the left would like to explain the war on the right ...

Our parties have always been polar opposites, but since when has it been acceptable to wage a war against a political faction because of their belief's ??

Since politics was born in this nation.

The DEA during the Bush administration called people who grew pot terrorists.

U.S. Drug Czar calls pot growers "terrorists" - Boing Boing

Democrats aren't re-inventing the wheel here - they aren't that smart.

This happens on this board every day. Every minute of every hour of every day. Well.... Okay, maybe not in the wee hours of the morning. But average it out and I'm right -- Every minute of every hour of every day.

These days if you want to talk about liberal policy, if you want to talk about obama's liberal policy, Eric Holder's liberal policy or even liberal policy in general......

You are instantly accused of being the vilest of people. Terrorist sympathizer, misogynist, racist, homophobe, woman-hater..... Whatever.

They find something to accuse you of. Because they don't want to talk about their liberal policies.

At all.

You see, they've already made their decision. They are not interested in what you have to say.

At all.

They've made up their minds, so sit down and just shut up.

This article is about the College Campus and rape. But it doesn't matter what the topic is, the answer from our liberal pals is always the same...

Shut Up!!

Campus Rape Culture | Crime Statistics | Due Process

Cornell-campus-aerial-view-towards-Cayuga-Lake-620x409.jpg

Is campus “rape culture” off the list of acceptable debate?

Last week we featured Mark Steyn’s column about forced intellectual conformity on campus:

Universities are no longer institutions of inquiry but ‘safe spaces’ where delicate flowers of diversity of race, sex, orientation, ‘gender fluidity’ and everything else except diversity of thought have to be protected from exposure to any unsafe ideas….

As American universities, British playwrights and Australian judges once understood, the ‘safe space’ is where cultures go to die.

Almost as if on cue, some students at Cornell have sought to shut down a dissenting view on campus “rape culture.”

The spark was a column in The Cornell Daily Sun by student Julius Kairey, which we featured at College Insurrection. That column, titled The Truth About “Rape Culture” took issue with the statistics behind claims of an epidemic of sexual assault, and the related rush to strip the accused of due process rights:

The loss of due process rights for students accused of sexual assault is a topic we have addressed many times here and at College Insurrection:

Kangaroo courts for men on campus
https://collegeinsurrection.com/2013/04/kangaroo-courts-for-men-on-campus/
California Seeks to Redefine Consensual Campus Sex as Rape
California Consent Law | Campus Sex | Yes | Senate bill 967
Is Dartmouth now a due process danger zone for men?
Dartmouth | Amanda Childress | Due Process | Sexual Assault
Debunking ‘Rape Culture’ on College Campuses
Campus sexual assaults | rape culture | fraud
When it comes to campus sexual assault charges, being not guilty is not good enough
When it comes to campus sexual assault charges, being not guilty is not good enough

The response to Kairey’s column was fairly predictable, as we noted at College Insurrection. A group of Cornell students castigated The Daily Sun for running the column, and accused Kairey of fomenting further sexual assaults, The Danger of Rape Culture Denial:

We disagree with the decision to publish “The Truth About ‘Rape Culture,’” by Julius Kairey ’15. Kairey blatantly disrespected a sensitive subject by reducing and delegitimizing the scarring experiences of survivors. This newspaper erred in publishing this article and should now also take responsibility for the harmful, triggering effects that articles like these cause. We hope that in the future, the Cornell Daily Sun makes a conscious effort to ensure that their columnists treat subjects like sexual assault with respect. We call for an apology from Kairey and the Cornell Daily Sun…..

Rape culture describes the systematic denial of justice for victims of sexual assault: The deck is always stacked against the survivor, and the ignorant defend this status quo. Those, like Kairey, who have the power to create change by advocating for survivors instead choose to ignore their voices, erase their rights and refuse to hold perpetrators accountable….
Read the whole thing.

It nicely fits with what Steyn called the “shut up” culture on campuses.
More links at the site. If you're interested.

It's time we told the left to just Shut Up for a change. I'm tired of hearing their bullshit

You know, it would be a lot easier to take you seriously if you didn't have a "bottom up" video feed of an asian girl with her pants half-undone looking up at her silicone job peekig under her shirt.

Drop that graphic and we'll take you seriously. Otherwise I'd love to agree with your points because they're good ones.

This happens on this board every day. Every minute of every hour of every day. Well.... Okay, maybe not in the wee hours of the morning. But average it out and I'm right -- Every minute of every hour of every day.

These days if you want to talk about liberal policy, if you want to talk about obama's liberal policy, Eric Holder's liberal policy or even liberal policy in general......

You are instantly accused of being the vilest of people. Terrorist sympathizer, misogynist, racist, homophobe, woman-hater..... Whatever.

They find something to accuse you of. Because they don't want to talk about their liberal policies.

At all.

You see, they've already made their decision. They are not interested in what you have to say.

At all.

This article is about the College Campus and rape. But it doesn't matter what the topic is, the answer from our liberal pals is always the same...

Shut Up!!

Last week we featured Mark Steyn’s column about forced intellectual conformity on campus:

Almost as if on cue, some students at Cornell have sought to shut down a dissenting view on campus “rape culture.”

The spark was a column in The Cornell Daily Sun by student Julius Kairey, which we featured at College Insurrection. That column, titled The Truth About “Rape Culture” took issue with the statistics behind claims of an epidemic of sexual assault, and the related rush to strip the accused of due process rights:

The loss of due process rights for students accused of sexual assault is a topic we have addressed many times here and at College Insurrection:

The response to Kairey’s column was fairly predictable, as we noted at College Insurrection. A group of Cornell students castigated The Daily Sun for running the column, and accused Kairey of fomenting further sexual assaults, The Danger of Rape Culture Denial:

Read the whole thing.

It's time we told the left to just Shut Up for a change. I'm tired of hearing their bullshit

You know, it would be a lot easier to take you seriously if you didn't have a "bottom up" video feed of an asian girl with her pants half-undone looking up at her silicone job peekig under her shirt.

Drop that graphic and we'll take you seriously. Otherwise I'd love to agree with your points because they're good ones.

What a prude.

They're not. Not by a long shot.

If the only way you can justify backing a criminal enterprise (the dimocrap party) is by telling yourself that we're just as bad (tu quoque equivalency) then you need to grow up or get some professional help.

Both of them are as corrupt as hell. Both take part in the monopoly of power and both of them are paid for by people who want them to do exactly what they're told to do.

And the people, like you, play their part in keeping it all together by fighting and diverting attention from the reality.

The difference is, we can control Republicans. When Nixon got out of control, a LOT of Republicans sided with democrats to take him down.

We have a conscience. We believe in the United States and in the Founding Principles.

dimocrap scum don't. dimocrap scum believe in unrestricted power. dimocrap scum are totalitarian scum and aren't afraid to use and misuse any power they have.

Do you live under a rock or something? Benghazi, the IRS, Fast and Furious, tapping the AP's phone lines, going after Sharyl Attkisson, James Rosen having his phone tapped, the dozens of illegal executive orders, the refusal to enforce lawfully enacted bills.... The list is almost endless.

dimocraps are scum

Don't give me this 'They're all the same' bullshit. Save that for your weak-minded pals.

P.S.
I'm not so much pro-Republican as I am anti-dimocrap. I don't really 'like' Republicans. But I hate, despise and detest, with every fiber of my being, dimocraps.

Wow another lying revisionist bull shit artist (finger paints of course). It wasn't until Nixon's guilt was confirmed by his own recordings that a few brave Republicans on the committee finally gave in and voted in favor of impeaching the President.

Today's phony investigations by the GOP have turned up nothing, period.

Just like you, nothing but false allegation, and mean, often mealy mouthed insults is all they and you really have.

Everyone is guilty, left and right.

Here is a hint, if you want to have an intelligent conversation and not be told to 'stfu,' try communicating with a little respect! Try starting a thread that does NOT have the sole purpose to incite your nemesis'.

Do you really think someone is going to take you seriously if you refer to them as a moron, a dimocrap, a racist, etc. If you truly wanted to have a discussion and you were truly open to opposing opinions, my guess is that you would present yourself as such.

I realize it is easy and fun to spew nonsense and insults, but if that is your game, then don't complain when other people play the game as well.

I've been a member here at USMB for several years. I don't post here much because of the way people respond to each other. I see pages & pages of ugly You're a this well you're a that... No You Are ~ No You are..Page after page you try to destroy each other.

I was invited to join this group because of my love of politics and my ability to debate the issues of the day. Since the day I joined I have been called the most horrible names in the name of debate. I've been sent the most disgusting PMs for no other reason than I'm not on Your side. There is hardly debate going on around here. There seems to be a whole lot more bashing of each other than the sharing of different ideas.

I find it amazing how horrible you all continue to treat each other while using an assumed name. Would you ever talk to your neighbor the way you talk to your fellow forum friends. I'm some ones Mother, Sister, Lover & Friend but around here with a fake name there are those that go out of their way to be just plain rude and call me names without a reason except that you can. How does that type of behavior between grown adults move us all in a forward positive direction...It Doesn't.

I find the most disturbing to be in the Conspiracy Theory section. Note the name "Conspiracy THEORY" not conspiracy fact but anyone that try's to post anything that doesn't gel with certain people will get slammed to where you have driven most members from the forum. Who wants to be bashed about a Theory....Theories are for sharing and exploring. No need for the horrible things that are said to each other over the existence of the Loch Ness Monster....

Some people live on these boards and feel the need to Bully others. In doing so you only drive members away while you "Regulars" just continue to argue with the same people Page after Page. Seems with all that negativity you would wish more positive in your daily living. There is so much more to life than saying mean and nasty stuff to people you don't even know or agree with. It's so incestuous at times it's hardly worth me taking the time to post anything as I already know that there will be the same old posters with their same old crap that they were spewing the last time I was here.
May the bashing begin...
I'm Wishing Peace to All ~~~

Last edited:
This was/is an interesting introspection. Can we have a group hug?

I thought this posting, arguing and insulting was just for shits and grins. Venting. Making new friends and enemies.

Please don't tell me that it's supposed to mean something.

For instance, this morning I was still trying to explain for the 1000th time why companies hire more employees. (Increased demand for goods and services that can't be met by current employees) And for the 1000th time I was told that companies would hire more employees IF they could only bring their billions of offshore profits back into the country with little to no taxes. When asked why that would cause companies to hire more employees, there is no response.

You can't argue with positions like that. And you sure can't learn anything from the other poster. So what's a member to do?

Insult their intelligence and say "fuck" a lot. Works for me.

Group hug now?

This was/is an interesting introspection. Can we have a group hug?

I thought this posting, arguing and insulting was just for shits and grins. Venting. Making new friends and enemies.

Please don't tell me that it's supposed to mean something.

For instance, this morning I was still trying to explain for the 1000th time why companies hire more employees. (Increased demand for goods and services that can't be met by current employees) And for the 1000th time I was told that companies would hire more employees IF they could only bring their billions of offshore profits back into the country with little to no taxes. When asked why that would cause companies to hire more employees, there is no response.

You can't argue with positions like that. And you sure can't learn anything from the other poster. So what's a member to do?

Insult their intelligence and say "fuck" a lot. Works for me.

Group hug now?

And here I just thought it was their weird sense of cyber foreplay ...

Group hugs for all ...

This! Coming from you? one of the worst people on the board to insult and tell others to shut up. What a big joke.:cuckoo:

At all.

At all.

Shut Up!!

Universities are no longer institutions of inquiry but ‘safe spaces’ where delicate flowers of diversity of race, sex, orientation, ‘gender fluidity’ and everything else except diversity of thought have to be protected from exposure to any unsafe ideas….

As American universities, British playwrights and Australian judges once understood, the ‘safe space’ is where cultures go to die.

We disagree with the decision to publish “The Truth About ‘Rape Culture,’” by Julius Kairey ’15. Kairey blatantly disrespected a sensitive subject by reducing and delegitimizing the scarring experiences of survivors. This newspaper erred in publishing this article and should now also take responsibility for the harmful, triggering effects that articles like these cause. We hope that in the future, the Cornell Daily Sun makes a conscious effort to ensure that their columnists treat subjects like sexual assault with respect. We call for an apology from Kairey and the Cornell Daily Sun…..

Rape culture describes the systematic denial of justice for victims of sexual assault: The deck is always stacked against the survivor, and the ignorant defend this status quo. Those, like Kairey, who have the power to create change by advocating for survivors instead choose to ignore their voices, erase their rights and refuse to hold perpetrators accountable….
Read the whole thing.

the truth is many times ironic. the comments about liberals being intolerant of any viewpoint but theirs is very true up to the head liberal of the land, BHO.

Most people are intolerant. That's the truth.

The irony is that the right slag the left off for being what they are.

Each side does the same thing. It's ridiculous.

to a point you are correct, but there is no one on the right who has said and done things similar to those said and done by Reid, Pelosi, Maher, Schultz, Wasserman-schultz, weiner, and the HRC Clinton.

hahahhahahaahhahahahahhhhahahahahaahahhahahahhahahhahahaahahaha

What a partisan hack you are.

Not at all.

And you are one of the biggest examples of that.

I can find thread after thread where you start personally insulting folks.

And you use "Well I don't like the viewpoint" as license.

You guys call women, whores and men fags.

I basically think it's because it's something you would never do in real life and want to try in cyberspace.

Oh, the irony. From a liberal who will label any opponents "racist" at the drop of a hat. You wouldn't do that in the real world, buddy.

DuhBroGottaGo.png

Oh really.

There's plenty I've done in the real world, including getting shot at, stabbed, hit in the eye with a tire iron and fought in more bars than I care (or really) remember.

If a poster posts something racist? I point it out.

However..I generally never insult anyone first.

And you can check that.

You have no room to lecture others about insults. Not many people here do. Neither do I. But whether you know it or not, when you use all those pejoratives and slang terms for tea partiers and Republicans, you are drawing first blood. So, don't delude yourself into thinking you're above reproach.

The difference is, we can control Republicans. When Nixon got out of control, a LOT of Republicans sided with democrats to take him down.

We have a conscience. We believe in the United States and in the Founding Principles.

dimocrap scum don't. dimocrap scum believe in unrestricted power. dimocrap scum are totalitarian scum and aren't afraid to use and misuse any power they have.

Do you live under a rock or something? Benghazi, the IRS, Fast and Furious, tapping the AP's phone lines, going after Sharyl Attkisson, James Rosen having his phone tapped, the dozens of illegal executive orders, the refusal to enforce lawfully enacted bills.... The list is almost endless.

dimocraps are scum

Don't give me this 'They're all the same' bullshit. Save that for your weak-minded pals.

P.S.
I'm not so much pro-Republican as I am anti-dimocrap. I don't really 'like' Republicans. But I hate, despise and detest, with every fiber of my being, dimocraps.

I'm sorry, your point must have got lost in all the nonsense you're spouting. What's with the idiotic and childish "dimocraps"???? Are you debating or are you just throwing silly words at people? I'll give you a clue, it's not the former.

When you have something sensible to say, let me know.

You talk as if the right aren't as corrupt and aren't as scummy.

That's not what I said. Did you intentionaly misquote what I said? :evil:

If you point the finger of accusation at somebody, you should use their words and not somebody else's, which confuses people quoting you for wings.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused.

I said "you talk as if...." do you understand what this means? It means this is the impression I get. I didn't say that you said this, and quite clearly so. I mean, what's the point of writing something if you're not going to read it?

But I made a point. What you wrote comes across as saying that the right isn't corrupt. Really it does.

Nonsense.

This of course is your problem, among many, many others, you don’t ‘talk’ about ‘liberal policy,’ you contrive these bizarre, incorrect perceptions and lies concerning ‘liberal policy’ having nothing to do whatsoever with the president, anything he’s said, or anything he advocates.

Consequently, no one’s telling you to ‘shut up,’ you’re simply being told you’re wrong – being told you’re wrong isn’t telling you to ‘shut up.’

And needless to say, everyone’s tired of the moronic BS that comes from the right – the ignorance, the hate, the stupidity exhibited by most conservatives has gotten very old for a very long time now, the OP being one such example.

Is this thread "pro rape"? Seems that way from the OP. And if it is "pro rape", does that make it "legitimate rape". See, I don't know much about rape. But it seems right wingers are the experts. They know all about it.

What hypocrisy. My apology in advance if I am wrong, but doesn't the OP flower his usual post with terms like "dimocrat scum" and other such colorful wording? Some of the foulest, lowest class ignorant people on the net can be found in the ranks of the right wing posters at this site. I was just reading a thread where a lady was calling her critics worms.

Shut up.

LOL. It's true. It's nearly impossible to have a civil conversation with a Liberal. That may not be true in all cases but it has proven true in my personal experience on this site. In my case, all the Liberals I've attempted to speak with have turned out to be trolls -- EVERY, single one!! They call names; spew nothing but vitriol; make little sense; and live in a fantasy land where money grows on trees and everyone gets to live the high life without earning it. Weird!!

And they will actually say, based on personal experience "I don't' want to hear anything bad about Bammy" or "I've wanted this [gov healthcare] my entire life, I won't hear anything against it"

"But it's not even Government healthcare..."

"I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING NEGATIVE YOU RACIST POOR HATING..."

I remember when I was in elementary school and one of my teachers said if Reagan were elected, he would bring back slavery. Your post made me remember that. Wow, I am getting old. Ok, carry on

OP- Not evil just misinformed. 50% racist, but very polite lol.

We'll talk lib policy forever, but it's been decades since any passed. Yup, ACA was the Pub plan, until we took them up on it...Pub dupes.

Forum List

Back