The shooting in Connecticut is proof...

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by PredFan, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,203

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5

In other words, just because you haven't seen it doesn't make it false. Or true either. What science is there that says psychics are a hoaz? What proof is there? Are we to conclude that every idea, every theory, every possibility is not true siimply because we have not seen or heard it?

From what I understand, psychics don't get clear messages from beyond, they get images or impressions that require translation which may be misinterpreted. A psychic may get the idea that something bad is coming, but may not know when or where or who. What're they gonna do, go to the nearest TV station and say something bad is going to happen somewhere? Who is going to air that, what news outlet is going to print a story about a psychic who says thing bad is going to happen.

2. PredFan

PredFan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,948
    It's called biology. We know what comprises thought, we know how the brain hears, and how it talks. It's also called physics. We know how sound is created, travels, and is received. We know how many types of light waves there are, and we know how they are sent and received. Neither science nor I can prove a negative. It is up to the proponents of psychic abilities to prove it's existance. So far no one has been able to and no experiments have ever shown psychic abilities. The FACT that no one came forward before 9-11 or before the shootings at the school to predict that something was going to happen supports the fact that it's baloney.

Hyperbole much?

How convenient for them. A vague feeling of unease or forboding is not uncommon to normal folks. It has nothing to do with psychic abilities. If you feel dread today and something bad happens somewhere in the world tomorrow it's a complete coincidence.

What about the psychics who outright claim to be clairvoyant? Who claim to tell the future?

3. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,203

What about them, maybe they can do what they say, maybe not. You know what, I don't know either way. What I think however, is that many things may be possible that today's science cannot explain. I do not assume that something that is unexplainable today will remain that way tomorrow, nor would I assume that something is not true for that reason. And I sure as hell would not base any conclusions on what I see or don't see on TV or in the news somewhere.

4. PredFan

PredFan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,948
    They can't do what they say. That is the point of this thread.

5. daisiesRwild

daisiesRwild Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +111
    prolly cos connecticut never happened it was a ruse by the govt and so wasnt 911