Medium

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by Wiseacre, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Anybody here watch a TV program called Medium? It ran from 2005 - 2011, first on NBC then on CBS. It's about a psychic named Allison Dubois, who helps the Phoenix DA solve murders and kidnappings. Which was true, she's also done readings around the country and written books about it. As have many other psychics; maybe some, maybe all are BS artists, if so I have never heard anyone say so.

What is interesting is that blind tests have been done to verify what these psychics say they can do - talk with dead people who were related to subjects that the psychics does not know. IOW, the psychic does not even know who the person is that they are doing the reading for. The results show a high degree of success, usually the failures are a misunderstnad onthe psychic's part over what the dead person is trying to communicate. Supposedly the message from the other side ain't all that clear.

Is it true? Dunno, I've never had a reading done or know anyone who has. Could be, I prefer to keep an open mind about it.

2. Wolfsister77

Wolfsister77 Knowledge Is Power Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,700
    Yes, I've watched the show although it has been a long time since I have. It was interesting and there do seem to be people with these abilities out there that are quite good and also plenty of hacks too.

3. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,291
    I am in England and I have never seen the show, but I have a had lot of experience of mediums since the 1960s. The conclusion I drew from having many very evidential messages from dead relatives is that some mediums are genuine. This means there is a spirit world beyond this life.

4. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    I believe many mediums are genuine - but they are not the ones who go on world tours, and charge you a fortune for the slight chance to 'talk' with a dead loved one.

5. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    I've had Terot readings 3 times. I love those people.

6. Noomi

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    Were they that accurate?

7. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    They were all quite accurate in more respects than not.

What was fascinating is that each reading was very similar and revealed facts and traits about myself that very few people know.

The readings took place over a 30 year period. First time was at a party, and my friend was so good at it I told her to stop. She kept going on and on when I finally said "Myra- SHUT THE FUCK UP"! LOL

Second one was on a whim during a Psychic Fair. It was a Native American guy. He had me pegged as soon as I sat down. I don't think he needed the cards.

Most recently, I sought out a reading because for years I'd been distraught over my brother's death. It was quite an emotional experience. We were both in tears by the time I left.

8. Noomi

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    I have never had one done. Your experiences make me want to give it a go. I guess I am a little nervous as to what I may be told.

9. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    I'll not do it again unless I feel a real need to do so. I think of it as a tool and not a parlor game.

Oh- I did forget about another reading. I kept hearing voices in my office building. The other half was vacant at the time. The only thing the reader could offer was a recurring message "don't go". In retrospect, it makes sense. I think it was my departed mother LOL.

10. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I had a reading and I can't say one way or the other whether I really received any confirmation of anything. I have, however, had a few things happen that lead me to believe that certain types of communication with the deceased are possible.