Why do we have a body?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
It looks like we all sense when someone stares at us from behind us, and half of the people have thoughts of "important" meetings with people before they happen to them.

Some others feel the visitation by people (and animals!) who are dead but they don't know they are dead until later.

So, it looks like
1) either our physical bodies are developed out of us to focus on 5 senses at the expence of others,
2) or that our bodies incorporate us and physical life is a result of this interaction,
3) or that we are a derivative of our physical bodies and we gradually drift out of them including more than 5 senses,
4) or ... .

But then, there are far more people who don't sense anything apart from the 5 senses and adomently deny anything outside the body.

What's your take? Are there other possibilities than the above 3? And the other puzzle is why there are so many adoment deniers. Are they afraid of something?

Last edited:
Try the butterfly scenario.

Caterpillar = human existence
Cocoon = death state

Butterfly = life after death

Body or Booty.......

Booty.png

We have a body because with a body ...living here on earth we can suffer more acutely,feel more ... in a mental and physical way.

Not so if we are spiritual beings with subtler bodies.

What do I know anyway.

As a practical matter to get around in this earth. However, as far as I am concerned a body that eats well, is taken care of and is able to express the thoughts of it's owner through music, art, cooking etc is a body that is blessed many times over...:D

It looks like we all sense when someone stares at us from behind us, and half of the people have thoughts of "important" meetings with people before they happen to them.

[...]
Back in the days before cellphones and the various kinds of telephones and other electronic communication (computers, etc.) technology I'd often heard others mention having a feeling their phone was about to ring and it would ring. These comments always interested me because I quite often experienced that same phenomenon and it happened much too often for it to be simply coincidental.

Has anyone here had that experience?

We have a body because with a body ...living here on earth we can suffer more acutely,feel more ... in a mental and physical way.

Not so if we are spiritual beings with subtler bodies.

What do I know anyway.

I happen to agree with you, from what I have learned from spiritualist mediums, our spirit body does not feel emotion, or pleasure, or pain.

We incarnate to have experiences that force spiritual evolution. When we are in the spirit world between lives there is no such pressure.

your senses are far more perceptive than you think.

much of this can be explained by sceince op

Why do we have a body?
So we can be naughty. :D

Seriously...I agree with Skye and Dajjal... I believe that our bodies are more of a vehicle in which the energy that we are, needs, in order to get around and experience life on this planet.

As far as the other 'puzzle' you ask of...yes, it is out of fear of the unknown in which most don't or will even try to understand...most fear what they can not understand.
Plus, their lives aren't at the spiritual level of awareness as others are, and arn't supposed to experience it yet until a next life in a physical body of some kind.
I look at Earth as a school (sometimes i wonder if this life is my hell) we will learn all that we are supposed to in so many lives before we reach our final life.................or not.
I could be absolutely wrong and go with Politico on this, that our brains need something to use to get around...that we are just completely organic and this is it...we die-the end.

Why do we have a body?
So we can be naughty. :D

Seriously...I agree with Skye and Dajjal... I believe that our bodies are more of a vehicle in which the energy that we are, needs, in order to get around and experience life on this planet.

As far as the other 'puzzle' you ask of...yes, it is out of fear of the unknown in which most don't or will even try to understand...most fear what they can not understand.
Plus, their lives aren't at the spiritual level of awareness as others are, and arn't supposed to experience it yet until a next life in a physical body of some kind.
I look at Earth as a school (sometimes i wonder if this life is my hell) we will learn all that we are supposed to in so many lives before we reach our final life.................or not.
I could be absolutely wrong and go with Politico on this, that our brains need something to use to get around...that we are just completely organic and this is it...we die-the end.

The body is more magnificent than a mere vehicle, the concept that a thought transmitted through a mental and physical sequence which manifests itself in an action is astounding. The idea that each individual possesses their own unique talents and are able to conceptualize, design, build, demolish and resurrect far exceeds any "man made" computer or robot. A vehicle to traverse this world is merely one function and the list is endless we have yet to fulfill our potential as beings on this earth.

It
What's your take? Are there other possibilities than the above 3? And the other puzzle is why there are so many adoment deniers. Are they afraid of something?

My take? We have bodies, because there are some things which can only be learned well through pain, and via the sensory and emotional functions.

Why do we have bodies?

If we did not have bodies, we would not have arms.

If we did not have arms, we would not have fingers.

If we did not have fingers, we could not post messages on USMB.

Therefore, we have bodies so that we can fund USMB and the advertisers.

It is not exactly 'The Matrix'...yet

Forum List

Back