'The Right To Be Let Alone' As A Campaign Slogan

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
In one of the most famous Supreme Court dissents in history, in Olmstead v United States, Justice Brandeis enunciated the basic principle of a Constitutional democracy:

The makers of our Constitution . . . sought to protect Americans in their beliefs, their thoughts, their emotions and their sensations. They conferred, as against the Government, the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights, and the right most valued by civilized men. 277 US 438 (1928) at 478

Trump wants everyone to bow down to him. Mike Johnson want everyone to have sex only according to his rules. The Kochs and the Mercers want everyone’s money. These are not exclusive desires (though Trump probably doesn’t care what people do in bed unless he’s in the bed with them). But they cannot do this as long as the people have the right to be let alone.

I phrase it in a different context.

"Mind your own Business"

In one of the most famous Supreme Court dissents in history, in Olmstead v United States, Justice Brandeis enunciated the basic principle of a Constitutional democracy:

Trump wants everyone to bow down to him. Mike Johnson want everyone to have sex only according to his rules. The Kochs and the Mercers want everyone’s money. These are not exclusive desires (though Trump probably doesn’t care what people do in bed unless he’s in the bed with them). But they cannot do this as long as the people have the right to be let alone.

"Mind your own Business"
Wow, skrewey....with kookbots like you and your wacko Reichbabble, Trump is a shoo-in.
Please, never shut up because then actual, real Americans might start looking at another candidate for president.
Plus its hilarious, a brownshirt from the Reich lecturing us about "bowing down".

"Mind your own Business"
More comic book stories from skrewey....

"Mind your own Business"
Cultist your irony is ironic

"Mind your own Business"
^^ from the party of mandatory vaccinations.

The Democrat Party doesn't want to leave anyone alone. They want to control the kind of car you drive, the kind of medical insurance you are required to carry, the masks and vax that you must get, the pronouns you must use, and deny you the right to self defense. Among other restrictions.

"Mind your own Business"
From an idiot nazi leftard

"Mind your own Business"

The right to be left alone?
You expect to be left alone by the filthy, commie dems??

biden facists racists MAGA lr.jpg

"Mind your own Business"
Your take on Trump's and Johnson's and the others views on civil rights and liberties is ass-backward. You are merely parroting what you have heard.

"Mind your own Business"
Says the clown who worships a turnip who wants to dictate to everyone what kind of appliances they can buy and what kind of cars they can drive.

"Mind your own Business"
The left are always trying to tell us what to do and how to act.

Covid seized us all up in a bogus compliance trap and it’s going to be difficult to get back to thinking again

"Mind your own Business"
Trump wants people to behave and be productive
You feel that is oppressive and bowing down.

"Mind your own Business"
What's that mental illness where you think people are out to get you?

Forum List

Back