The Rich Get Richer

It's interesting, seems when I was growing up they were making it so there were no monopolies, but, we are headed right back in that direction.

The giants are taking over the smaller companies. The larger they get, the more then can lure smaller companies off the market, making offers they can't refuse.... sure they have a right to do it, but is it good for the US and the economy?

Capitalist transactions are always good for the economy.

If all American workers made a living wage this would be more difficult and Walmart wouldn't be happy.

if Walmart paid more Amazon would bankrupt them even faster and millions would be unemployed. We could pass a liberal living wage for Walmart and bankrupt them in 5 years if we wanted. See why we say liberalism is based in ignorance?

Ed, you sociopath.....Walmart, Amazon, UBER, and Lyft wouldn't exist in their current form if Americans made a living wage. Nobody WANTS to shop at Walmart. Nobody WANTS to shop online. Nobody WANTS to work a second job. It's CRAP WAGES that force them.

The rich get richer because they've got the most money to invest. Look at how much the stock market has gone up since the recession. Who benefitted the most? The rich guys, cuz they've got the most money invested. And here's the thing: there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it cuz when you raise taxes on investments you get less money going into investing. This is not rocket science guys - there's a reason why one of the factors in determining our GDP is the money going into Investments. If you make Investments less attractive by raising taxes on them then you have less money being invested, that's just the way it is. And less investments means less economic growth: fewer startups and less business expansion. And that means fewer jobs created.

There is no way on God's green earth that you can create more wealth for everybody and prevent the rich from getting most of that wealth. I know there are many who don't like that at all and many who do not believe that is true. You can enact policies that reduce the amount of wealth that goes to the rich but in so doing you also reduce the overall wealth created by the economy. And that is the reality that we're faced with.

As I have stated many times of this board, there are only four key elements to start and maintain a successful business.

1) Have a solid plan and platform.

2) Have five years total capital.

3) Know who to hire (which can be farmed out)

4) Never, never, never, hire family.

wrong of course, most important by far is to have a superior product!!

Two words; Sony Betamax. MUCH superior than VHS. Platform and marketing were bad,

I've used my rules over 30 times since the early 80's and have made many millions doing it.

Two words; Sony Betamax. MUCH superior than VHS. Platform and marketing were bad,

100% insane !!!!! as if that is a representative example. If the best products didn't win under Republican capitalism we'd be moving toward the stone age rather than away from it. Do you understand now???

It's CRAP WAGES that force them.
actually under Republican capitalism you have to provide the best wages and products possible just to survive. America has the most capitalism and thus the best wages and products in the world. Here's a list of all the new things we could suddenly afford in the last 15 years:

You don't need to be an economist to see how rich the middle class got by looking at all the new inventions they could suddenly afford in the last 10 years: suddenly we had plasma TV's, LCD TV's, DLP-TV's, iPods, iphones, CD's and CD players, DVDs and DVD players, Blue Ray and Blue Ray players, PCs, desk top PCs, DVRs, color printers, satellite radio, Advantium ovens, HD-TV, Playstations, X-Boxes, X-box live, X-box Konnect, broadband, satellite TV, cell/camera/video phones, digital cameras, OnStar, palm corders, Blackberries, smart phones, home theaters, SUVs, big houses, more houses per capita, TiVo, 3D movies and TV's, built in wine coolers, granite counter tops, $200 sneakers, Go Pro Cameras, GPS navigation, consumer drones, color matched front loader washing machines, internet Facebook, Pandora, LTE-U, run flat tires, matching washer dryer combinations, McMansions, 4K TV, Iphone 6+, burner commercial ranges, Sub Zero refridgerators, Tesla cars, private space flight, more cars than drivers, a $1 billion ring tone industry, a pet industry that just doubled to $34 billion, 10's of millions lining up to buy Apple's I-tablet, Wii, Fit bits, Apple watches, Netflix boxes, jet skis, induction cooking, low profile tires, aluminum/titanium rims, Harley Davidson and Japanese motorcycles. $700 Billion spent Christmas 2010, $10.5 billion movies 2010, 10 million ocean crusies, 44 million taking plane flights over 2012 holiday, $500 billion spent on Christmas 2012, hover boards, Ti Vi Bolt, Tesla cars, cloud storage, 4k Oled TV,
hover boards, Ring Doorbells, semi self-driving cars, Amazon Alexa,

The list goes on and on. I hope that helps you realize you can't just parrot the communist press and expect to make sense? They have other objectives and are merely using you to promote their point of view.

There is no way on God's green earth that you can create more wealth for everybody and prevent the rich from getting most of that wealth.

great post, but lets keep in mind that the very rich are new capitalists inventors exactly as we would want. Brin Musk Gates Jobs Bezos Zukerburg Bloomberg, Ellison, not an old class of rich that inherited their money or are gaining more from the new inventions.

I heard Jeff Bezos say the most important $50,000 of his life was the first $50,000 he didn't have to start Amazon. Imagine if he had never gotten the money.

There is not problem with being rich per se
It's that the MOST rich start to consume everything around them, and, monopolize industries so they system is like one huge giant and a few others little guys....

I admit, it is a survival of the fittest world, only either the richest or the most driven survive (or the smartest).

Take the story of McDonalds - Ray Kroc basically stole the franchise, but, he was more determined and smart (along with no compassion at all for the brothers that started it).

There is not problem with being rich per se
It's that the MOST rich start to consume everything it).
Absurd nonsense take a look at the greatest new Rich: Bezos Brin Gates Jobs Ellison Bloomberg Zuckerberg. These are God like men who are moving the economy and the world forward to whom we owe endless thanks. Creating is not consuming.

Forum List

Back