The Rich Get Richer

.... but why?

I bought Home Depot(HD) stock when I worked there back in 1988 even though I was a minimum wage puke. I contributed 10% of my wages just because I knew what they could achieve. Today that stock is valued over 163 per share and have amassed quite a fortune. Even today, I continue to invest money into the stock market, because like everyone else, they have an opportunity to share in great wealth. Just some are too stupid to take the risk, so must be a victim of liberalism and stay poor.

Even today, I continue to invest money into the stock market, because like everyone else, they have an opportunity to share in great wealth.

I have always wondered about this. I have just come around to realizing this is such an easy way to make money. People are just too lazy to start the process, and it's so much easier to buy a lottery ticket.

Playing the stock market is a great way to gamble, and an excellent and easy way to make money if you just do a little homework.

But I don't think that is the reason for what is represented in the graph....

And the latest tax proposal will make them richer as they salivate at the public trough. Trump is happy though. LOL

'Trump’s Billionaire Cronies feed at Public Trough as he disses Puerto Rico'
Trump's Billionaire Cronies feed at Public Trough as he disses Puerto Rico

'A Yom Kippur Sermon From Ivanka And Jared’s Rabbi'
A Yom Kippur Sermon from Ivanka and Jared’s Rabbi

PS one must be financially secure in their present economic life to invest and investments as 2008 proved are not rock solid.

.... but why?

Yes, the rich are markedly in proportion richer than they were before the advent of the Information Age.

The chart you showed, however, is not actual income, it's merely gains in income. There's no denying that the gains realized by the rich are vastly higher than are the gains realized by the non-rich. It's also worth nothing that you've taken the chart above and inferred that people earning the top 5% of wages are " the rich." I have news for you: being in the top 5% isn't going to make one rich, but earning that much can make for a comfortable lifestyle if one is willing to live within one's means.

top-income-earners-2015.png

Truly, earning enough to be a "one-percenter" or "five-percenter" isn't at all unachievable. Indeed, taking a career in any highly demanded field and being a "five-percenter" is pretty much a given.
What stops people from pursing careers that pay well? I'll be damned if I know, but I suspect mostly they're just not willing to do what it takes to obtain one.

Actual income is shown in a different chart on the same website from which you sourced the chart in the OP.

incomegainstop_6-22-16-eh-rc-eb-2_450.png

What does the chart above show? It shows that even though the rich have gained a lot more, everyone has enjoyed an increase in income.

Other notable charts from that paper:

11-7-16pov.png

11-28-11pov_rev7-29-16-fbox.png

I have news for you: being in the top 5% isn't going to make one rich, but earning that much can make for a comfortable lifestyle if one is willing to live within one's means.

You could have stopped there ... :thup:
People who spend more of their income servicing their debt ... Will always be behind those who have established a capital model that realizes more returns versus expenditures.

Last edited:
And the latest tax proposal will make them richer as they salivate at the public trough. Trump is happy though. LOL

PS one must be financially secure in their present economic life to invest and investments as 2008 proved are not rock solid.
Of course people like you just bitch and moan about how unfair you are being treated, yet WHY THE FUCK DONT YOU INVEST? Stupid lazy liberal fuckers.

I have news for you: being in the top 5% isn't going to make one rich, but earning that much can make for a comfortable lifestyle if one is willing to live within one's means.

People who spend more of their income servicing their debt ... Will always be behind those who have established a capital model that realizes more returns versus expenditures.

When I was working at Home Depot I was in the bottom 20%. Yet I didn't take any welfare. Today I am not as well off as Warren Buffet, but my dividends are 6 figures and pay only 5% tax on them. And the liberals hate me for it, because while I only pay 5% the company already paid their taxes on that same money. Liberals are such stupid people, who don't LEARN how to make good money the easy way, other than sit on their asses and collect welfare and bitch and moan how their lives suck...

4fd55f6215328258dcdd79adbd9fd30a.jpg

When I was working at Home Depot I was in the bottom 20%. Yet I didn't take any welfare. Today I am not as well off as Warren Buffet, but my dividends are 6 figures and pay only 5% tax on them. And the liberals hate me for it, because while I only pay 5% the company already paid their taxes on that same money. Liberals are such stupid people, who don't LEARN how to make good money the easy way, other than sit on their asses and collect welfare and bitch and moan how their lives suck...

It isn't always a question of intelligence as much as discipline ... :thup:
In a world of comfort seekers and immediate gratification, it is harder for people in the lower ranks to take the measures necessary to achieve higher gains.

They spend the money in their accounts as it accumulates ... Often to meet desires that don't pay proper concern to longevity.
There are plenty of toys and bling available, and aggressively marketed to distract the consumer ... And a 'payment plan' that can provide them with availability.
I know some incredibly intelligent people who are not good with their management of personal finance ... And intelligence is no substitute for wisdom and discipline.

View attachment 152340
Liberals are such stupid people, who don't LEARN how to make good money the easy way, other than sit on their asses and collect welfare and bitch and moan how their lives suck...

Dude, your line of argument does not align with the figures on the political leanings of people who are financially successful.
It doesn't not because more or fewer folks who are financially secure vote Democrat or Republican, but because the difference isn't great enough to give teeth to a statement as broad is the one you made.

View attachment 152340
Liberals are such stupid people, who don't LEARN how to make good money the easy way, other than sit on their asses and collect welfare and bitch and moan how their lives suck...

Dude, your line of argument does not align with the figures on the political leanings of people who are financially successful.
It doesn't not because more or fewer folks who are financially secure vote Democrat or Republican, but because the difference isn't great enough to give teeth to a statement as broad is the one you made.
Democrats

But instead of being a VICTIM of liberalism and having the liberals give you just enough to survive(welfare) get off you ass, make something of yourself, use your God given gifts and find a job that will pay you big, or make a business that you can be the owner of. Stay listening to a liberal, who you cant make it in life, and guess what, you WONT.

View attachment 152340

Democrats

But instead of being a VICTIM of liberalism and having the liberals give you just enough to survive(welfare) get off you ass, make something of yourself, use your God given gifts and find a job that will pay you big, or make a business that you can be the owner of. Stay listening to a liberal, who you cant make it in life, and guess what, you WONT.

Excuse me? I have done quite well for myself and my family.

.... but why?
Why do the rich get richer?

Because they work with the system and use it to their advantage before they undertake to change it or rebuke it.
How the fuck do you think I got richer? Back in 2007 when I saw that soon the housing market couldn't sustain itself, I put money aside just in case. When the market collapsed I took that money and invested it in Chipotle when the stock was at 50 dollars a share. At 400 dollars I sold those shares to invest in other stocks. Doesn't take rocket science to see warning signs and good times. Any one can do it, just takes time to learn the strategy. Problem with some people they don't like to have to think, so must rely on the government to do their thinking for them..Victimhood.

.... but why?
Why do the rich get richer?

Because they work with the system and use it to their advantage before they undertake to change it or rebuke it.
How the fuck do you think I got richer? Back in 2007 when I saw that soon the housing market couldn't sustain itself, I put money aside just in case. When the market collapsed I took that money and invested it in Chipotle when the stock was at 50 dollars a share. At 400 dollars I sold those shares to invest in other stocks. Doesn't take rocket science to see warning signs and good times. Any one can do it, just takes time to learn the strategy. Problem with some people they don't like to have to think, so must rely on the government to do their thinking for them..Victimhood.
That's not victimhood. It's acquiescence to paternalism.

Yeah ... But did you buy Wells Fargo after their scandal and before President Trump was elected ... ;)

You gotta know when to hold 'em....etc

`
`

I started investing at 20 years old. I now have quite a diverse and very valuable portfolio. I do however cash-in at times when I make substantial capitol improvements on my land, for example; wind generators and solar panels. Oh, I also tend to be rather liberal on social issues, not that it has anything to do with this topic.

Yeah ... But did you buy Wells Fargo after their scandal and before President Trump was elected ... ;)

When Wells Fargo 1st came out with their bogus accounts, I had all dealings WF eliminated. Same was with Chipotle, when they had problems with their food because of the organic policy, I knew trouble was brewing.

`
`

I started investing at 20 years old. I now have quite a diverse and very valuable portfolio. I do however cash-in at times when I make substantial capitol improvements on my land, for example; wind generators and solar panels. Oh, I also tend to be rather liberal on social issues, not that it has anything to do with this topic.
Why I wont buy a wind turbine? I studied motors and generators while in the Air Force.

Forum List

Back