The Rich Don't Create Jobs

The people who ordered the pizza didn't buy the ingredients and the ovens, didn't rent or buy the store front, didn't get the business licenses and tax permits, didn't obtain the insurance or hire you....Somebody with one helluva lot more money than them did.

If they hadn't ordered the pizza, the person with all that money WOULDN'T have, though.

Note to self: Stay away from this poster on next business endeavor.

I will say for the thousandth time..... when is the last time a poor man gave any of you a job?

Back before I worked at the Naval Observatory I delivered pizza. Plenty of poor people order pizza. Wouldn't have that job if no one ordered pizza - I doubt Papa Johns would have paid me just to drive around for fun.
The people who ordered the pizza didn't buy the ingredients and the ovens, didn't rent or buy the store front, didn't get the business licenses and tax permits, didn't obtain the insurance or hire you....Somebody with one helluva lot more money than them did.

Not to mention the "evil rich guy" that opened that pizza place created a demand for more pizza ovens, more cash registers, more agriculture because he needs vegetables and fruit. Of course all those orders have to be processed and shipped and the demand for that just went up..

Of course he needs employees, and the other evil capitalists who supply everything he needs to run a business needs employees too..

Its astounding how difficult it is for some people to understand this..

Also, the biggest problem is that the government comes in with their big fucking hand and says "give me money," then they come back a few years later and say "give me more money." Of course that limits the business owners budget for the business..

Taxes and government costs jobs - they don't create them..

I will say for the thousandth time..... when is the last time a poor man gave any of you a job?

Back before I worked at the Naval Observatory I delivered pizza. Plenty of poor people order pizza. Wouldn't have that job if no one ordered pizza - I doubt Papa Johns would have paid me just to drive around for fun.

Remember though, we're in the land of pixie dust, unicorns, and magical fairy tales.

It should be so obvious

What family owns 3,000 cars? His income might be $35,000,000?

:lol:

Not surprising that the point went right over your head.

Take 35,000,000 and give it to in one person or spread it out among 1000 people. The single person only needs so much and will only spend a fraction of what the 1000 people will spend with the same amount of money. That wealth spread across the consumers is what will drive spending which is what will spur the economy and create jobs.

Bonus points to the first idiot that says spread the wealth..... :eusa_whistle:

Not to mention the "evil rich guy" that opened that pizza place created a demand for more pizza ovens, more cash registers, more agriculture because he needs vegetables and fruit. Of course all those orders have to be processed and shipped and the demand for that just went up..
Demand for the ovens and cash registers comes from the consumers who demand the pizza. You don't just open up a pizza shop to buy ovens - if you don't sell your pizza, soon you'll be filing bankruptcy and selling those ovens.

Its astounding how difficult it is for some people to understand this..

What is most amazing is that you believe the presence of capital means someone will want to buy pizza.

If they hadn't ordered the pizza, the person with all that money WOULDN'T have, though.
Irrelevant to who took the risk, opened the store front, went through all the bureaucratic red tape, and hired the cooks and drivers, tovarich.

It's absolutely astonishing that these things have to be explained to supposedly educated people.

Remember though, we're in the land of pixie dust, unicorns, and magical fairy tales.

I know- and in that land, you can open a store, provide jobs, and stimulate the economy - without having a single customer or client.

Here's a thought: it requires both the rich man and the consumer to drive the economy. A business requires capitol, hence the rich man is needed. The business requires an income, hence the consumer is needed.

I'm not sure why anyone is arguing that one or the other is somehow less important. It's a pretty simple symbiotic relationship.

The people who ordered the pizza didn't buy the ingredients and the ovens,
Stop right there...

LOL

They are in fact paying for the ingredients, overhead, and other expenses when they buy the pizza.

Plus a little extra. we call that "profit"

You need money for overhead, ovens, ingredients and other expenses BEFORE you can make a profit, oohpoopypants.......

Irrelevant to who took the risk, opened the store front, went through all the bureaucratic red tape, and hired the cooks and drivers, tovarich.

It's absolutely astonishing that these things have to be explained to supposedly educated people.

Its irrelevant to the owner of a pizza store whether or not they have customers to provide a stream of income with which to pay their expenses? Really? How the fuck are you even breathing?

He would give it to the owner who would:
invest in machinery to lower the cost of his product
invest in advertising to show people the product is worth the money
invest in marketing to offer discounts to people for buying his product
All of the above.

Since he's sitting on a million bucks already that he's NOT investing, obviously no, he would not. All of the above has been done as much as is feasible.

On the other hand, if the million goes to 100 people, the business owner will have 100 new customers, and he'll hire more people to satisfy those customers because he'll have to or lose them to the competition.

Straight from the horses mouth. A multi-millionaire describing how backwards it is to give the rich tax breaks to create jobs. It's a terrible idea that has never been shown to work anywhere but the parrots continue to refer to it.

Raise Taxes on Rich to Reward True Job Creators: Nick Hanauer - Businessweek

"That’s why I can say with confidence that rich people don’t create jobs, nor do businesses, large or small. What does lead to more employment is the feedback loop between customers and businesses. And only consumers can set in motion a virtuous cycle that allows companies to survive and thrive and business owners to hire. An ordinary middle-class consumer is far more of a job creator than I ever have been or ever will be."

Bonus points to the first idiot who says, "nothing is stopping him from sending more money to the government".

The problem with the export you are citing is that he admits he has created jobs:

I’m a very rich person. As an entrepreneur and venture capitalist, I’ve started or helped get off the ground dozens of companies in industries including manufacturing, retail, medical services, the Internet and software. I founded the Internet media company aQuantive Inc., which was acquired by Microsoft Corp. in 2007 for $6.4 billion. I was also the first non-family investor in Amazon.com Inc.

. . .

I can start a business based on a great idea, and initially hire dozens or hundreds of people.

Weird, why did you delete the very next line? Here let me include that for you.

"Even so, I’ve never been a “job creator.” I can start a business based on a great idea, and initially hire dozens or hundreds of people. But if no one can afford to buy what I have to sell, my business will soon fail and all those jobs will evaporate."

And that is your basis for wanting to turn the nation's economic system upside down?
You people are completely lost. Economically, you people are in an intellectual vacuum.
Where this prick got his money from is a mystery. It does however appear he will be flat broke in the next ten years unless he is a miser cheap fuck.
He reminds of the cheapskate that goes to a restaurant ,eats a $200 dinner and laves a $5 tip....

Stop right there...

LOL

They are in fact paying for the ingredients, overhead, and other expenses when they buy the pizza.

You need money for overhead, ovens, ingredients and other expenses BEFORE you can make a profit, oohpoopypants.......

Ooops! They missed that minor detail.

Stop right there...

LOL

Bullshit. ever heard of a line of credit?

Last edited:
This class warfare shit has got to stop!

Why are you liberals so intent on hating the rich?

]

When's the last time raising a rich man's top tax rate from 35% to 39% made him poor?

Forum List

Back