The Rich Don't Create Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RDD_1210, Dec 7, 2011.

1. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    Straight from the horses mouth. A multi-millionaire describing how backwards it is to give the rich tax breaks to create jobs. It's a terrible idea that has never been shown to work anywhere but the parrots continue to refer to it.

Raise Taxes on Rich to Reward True Job Creators: Nick Hanauer - Businessweek

"That’s why I can say with confidence that rich people don’t create jobs, nor do businesses, large or small. What does lead to more employment is the feedback loop between customers and businesses. And only consumers can set in motion a virtuous cycle that allows companies to survive and thrive and business owners to hire. An ordinary middle-class consumer is far more of a job creator than I ever have been or ever will be."

Bonus points to the first idiot who says, "nothing is stopping him from sending more money to the government".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I agree 100% with this, as would anyone with a understanding of economics. There is no trickle down. It trickles to corporate coffers or to investor pockets (which mostly means the banking cartels).

Taxes should target capital, as an incentive to spend it back into the economy. For a business one of the most efficient ways to do this is through the hiring process. While I dont think any business should be taxed, except for excise taxes, the tax on capital should follow down to the investors until it hits a real living person. Putting the taxes on where the capital is an instrument of equality. It is an incentive to pay better, or the tax dollars can be used to fund infrastructure, which is jobs.

Most people parrot the corporate liberal mantra, because it is a mantra that is supported by all of the MSM, it is supported by both parties, and it is supported by anyone in government with power.

Ron Paul 2012, its time to drain the swamp.

3. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    While I completely disagree with tax breaks for the "job creators", let's face it, the poor create even fewer jobs than they do...

4. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,767
    Demand was artificially propped up for years with easy credit. People are temporarily wiser to the debt trap, both lender and borrower. Not sure there is any quick fix for a suddenly smarter and cautious consumer base and jobs will not come back until people start stupidly spending again.

5. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320

It should be so obvious

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    OWS creates jobs, not rich people.

7. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Multi millionaires love beating up on "high income earners" because they aren't really part of that. They've already made their money. If Warren Buffet earned $1 a year for the rest of his life he would still be among the 4 richest men in America.
    Only lib-retards fall for crap like this when they see it.
    Job creation takes capital. Rich people have capital. They invest their money directly or indirectly and capital flows to the real creators, entrepreneurs and other middle class and rising people.
    No surprise a retard like RDD would fall for this. He walks around with a "kick me I'm stupid" sign on his back.

8. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,380
    The smart entrepreneur will create a product or service that is superior to his/her competition. He will have done his research into what the consumer wants and will invest his capital into starting a company/corporation to produce that product or service. As his company realizes more revenues, he will hire additional employees to meet the demands of the consumers. He will continue to innovate as his company grows. That's how mine have been successful.

By all means, please inform if there are other methods or endeavors that are profitable. I'm always open to new ideas.

9. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    We're talking about the working middle class, the people who make money and spend it. The true driving force behind the economy, product demand and job creation.

10. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,575
    Everybody knows that the OWS crowd, you know, the living in Mommy's basement crowd, are the real job creators!