The Rich Don't Create Jobs

[
Irrelevant to who took the risk, opened the store front, went through all the bureaucratic red tape, and hired the cooks and drivers, tovarich.

Not at all irrelevant to WHETHER he did, though.

But you're helping me to understand why this simple concept -- customers drive job creation -- isn't getting through. You're not looking at the whole thing like an economist. You're looking at it like a moralist.

An economist looks at a situation and asks what, how, and why. WHAT is the driving factor behind job creation? HOW can we go about stimulating job creation? WHY are jobs created?

A moralist, however, looks at the same situation and asks a WHO question:
Who most deserves the credit and reward?

Since you're not even concerning yourself with the question of what steps would work best to stimulate job creation, but rather a completely different and unrelated question, naturally you're arriving at a different answer.

Our economies life blood is in the private sector and our government has absolutely no business attempting to dictate our economy via regulations, taxation and corporatism (playing grab ass with GE and GM, cash for clunkers etc).

Capitalism is perfect - if you're successful, you're successful and if you fail, you fail.

Not to mention 99% of the rich failed at one point or another....

I suppose in theory you're not really rich if you lost $10,000,000 but made $10,250,000 - in reality you only made $250,000. Of course most progressives would look at that and say "he has 10,250,000" hes an evil rich guy..

Lets also not forget assets and depreciation in determining ones wealth.

Stop right there...

LOL

They are in fact paying for the ingredients, overhead, and other expenses when they buy the pizza.

Plus a little extra. we call that "profit"

You need money for overhead, ovens, ingredients and other expenses BEFORE you can make a profit, oohpoopypants.......
Bullshit. ever heard of a line of credit?

Credit has to be paid back. So yes it takes money to pay credit back. Good Lord!!

No, the rich don't create jobs - they just make life worse for everyone else.

The Absurd Zombie Lie About the Economy Right-Wingers Desperately Cling To -- And Why It's Totally Wrong | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet

Really, can you name some poor people who are paying others to work???

You do realize you need money to hire a person...
I stopped reading where it said "AlterNet." :cuckoo:

Our economies life blood is in the private sector and our government has absolutely no business attempting to dictate our economy via regulations, taxation and corporatism (playing grab ass with GE and GM, cash for clunkers etc).
The Constitution provides otherwise.
Capitalism is perfect - if you're successful, you're successful and if you fail, you fail.
So Judge Judy is more perfect than Antonin Scalia - that's why she gets paid hundreds of times his salary. Got it.
I suppose in theory you're not really rich if you lost $10,000,000 but made $10,250,000 - in reality you only made $250,000. Of course most progressives would look at that and say "he has 10,250,000" hes an evil rich guy..

??? No they wouldn't. You're just babbling now. Its quite clear to all us grown ups that net profit is the issue, not gross proceeds.

It would take a lot of names (poor people as individuals don't have a lot of money), but yes. Example already given: Poor people order pizza (lots of them), Papa John's hires driver.

All those poor people are paying Papa John's to hire a driver (and bakers) to make and deliver pizzas to them. They all chipped in to do it, and each of them got a pizza out of the deal. Maybe a soft drink or two and some salad as well.

You do realize you need money to hire a person...
Any poor person who walks into a grocery store and buys a loaf of bread is providing jobs.

Do you understand that without customers - all businesses eventually fail and create zero jobs?

bullshit. Ever heard of a line of credit?

credit has to be paid back. So yes it takes money to pay credit back. Good lord!!

that's why you need customers

Yeah idiots who look and see FREE MONEY, then turn around and get pissed when they have to pay it back WITH interest..

Those slime are idiots...

I wouldn't even call them customers - I'd call them thieves.

Progressives tried to rip off the banks then cried no fair when they lost their jobs because of it...

Earth to greedy entitled fools - loans aren't welfare...

I always got a job from people that had money...
I guess I was one of the few lucky ones.

I am closing in on retirement but if I find myself in need
of employment I will try to get a job from someone unemployed
and on food stamps....

I will post here how I made out if that happens.

This class warfare shit has got to stop!

Why are you liberals so intent on hating the rich?

I will say for the thousandth time..... when is the last time a poor man gave any of you a job?

]

When's the last time raising a rich man's top tax rate from 35% to 39% made him poor?

It doesn't. It makes everyone else poor. That's what doo-doo heads like you don't get.

This class warfare shit has got to stop!

Why are you liberals so intent on hating the rich?

I will say for the thousandth time..... when is the last time a poor man gave any of you a job?

]

When's the last time raising a rich man's top tax rate from 35% to 39% made him poor?

It doesn't. It makes everyone else poor. That's what doo-doo heads like you don't get.

Who got poorer in the nineties?

No, you only thought you did. Where you really got the job from was from the people who gave that guy the money that he had.

That is to say, his customers.

Stop right there...

LOL

They are in fact paying for the ingredients, overhead, and other expenses when they buy the pizza.

Plus a little extra. we call that "profit"

You need money for overhead, ovens, ingredients and other expenses BEFORE you can make a profit, oohpoopypants.......

Yeah and honest people pay their credit, unlike the dishonest assholes who see it as free money...

Oh and the banks will sell all the assets you have if you default if you own a business.

It's not exactly like the banks can repossess the pizza you put on your credit card last night, or the diapers you bought your kid.. Its that type of shit that fucked up our economy.

Yeah idiots who look and see FREE MONEY, then turn around and get pissed when they have to pay it back WITH interest..

Uh, no. Customers -- you know -- people who buy products. Interest doesn't even enter the picture (unless they buy the products with credit cards).

Yeah and honest people pay their credit,

And businesses pay their credit with cashflow they get - FROM WHERE?
unlike the dishonest assholes who see it as free money...
??? Such as? Relevance?
Oh and the banks will sell all the assets you have if you default if you own a business.
THEN YOU'D BETTER HAVE SOME MIDDLE CLASS AND POOR PEOPLE AROUND TO BUY YOUR PRODUCTS MORON

Why don't you moonbats organize a boycott by just laying around in your own piss and shit in front of where rich people do business?...... :thup:

I guess I was one of the few lucky ones.

I am closing in on retirement but if I find myself in need
of employment I will try to get a job from someone unemployed
and on food stamps....

I will post here how I made out if that happens.

So you're going to work at a grocery store that takes food stamps? Sounds like decent work in retirement.

Forum List

Back