The Republicans need someone like Joe Scarborough

He is a conservative. He is intelligent. I measures his words. He doesn't wear a gun.

The GOP needs to look to someone like Joe, who is not screaming like the far right. The Tea Party is dragging the party farther and farther to the right. It is not going to come out good.

Yes, Republicans are DESPERATELY in need of people who are approved of by THEIR POLITICAL OPPONENTS.

One wonders when we will see a thread from Jim about how the Democrats really need someone like Ronald Reagan. Or any other Republican respected by other Republicans. :cuckoo:

Look, I voted for Rush 41. He was moderate and he won the frigin Gulf war. Then W came along, and that was a huge snow job.
C'mon, c'mon......DADDY Bush didn't snow anyone??????

:eek:

Scarborough is right where he belongs. MSNBC. And he certainly is no conservative.

Just because he's not a screaming yahoo who wants to take the country backward 200 years doesn't mean he isn't a strong conservative. Um, a REAL one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0307463699/thedaibea-20/]Amazon.com: The Last Best Hope: Restoring Conservatism and America's Promise (9780307463692): Joe Scarborough: Books[/ame]

Now how can I take you seriously when you say crap like "take the country backwards 200 years". That's just emotional rhetoric.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but Scarborough is no conservative. He's a republican. They are not necessarily the same thing. He may be a conservative to you, but to conservatives he is not a conservative.

The real difference is between Conservatives (like Eisenhower), and "conservatives" (fascists in Conservative-"clothing").​

I like Joe.

I listen to him every morning before I go to work.

I like him because he blasts both parties. Even his own when he thinks they need it. He has no problem speaking his mind about Barry Boy as well.

I think the Reps could do much worse than Joe Scarborough. Hell. I'd vote for him. LOL

I might like him better if he got rid of the blonde airhead who sits next to him.

Gotta agree on that one.

You would think they could find a better blond that they could get to co-chair with him.

Mayby FOX could loan him one. LOL

At least she's got a Father (who comes on) who's got the good-sense to slap-around Scarborough (when he needs it.....which is quite often).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUPJTVHyElw]YouTube - Zbigniew Brzezinski Calls Joe Scarborough 'Stunningly Superficial'[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbuQF-jaOxc&feature=related]YouTube - Frost over the world-Zbigniew Brzezinski-20 March 09-Part 4[/ame]​

I might like him better if he got rid of the blonde airhead who sits next to him.

Gotta agree on that one.

You would think they could find a better blond that they could get to co-chair with him.

FOX does seem to have the cream of the crop when it comes to intelligent blondes......with a few dark haired intelligent ones also.
Yeah.....that's what FAUX Noise is selling....intelligent-women.....

:rolleyes:

Gotta agree on that one.

Mika was much more effective before she turned 40 and started worrying so much about her physical appearance being perfect.
Aw, jeez......here's your re-direct.

You've (quite) obviously strayed a little-too-far from the farm.....

Gotta agree on that one.

Mika was much more effective before she turned 40 and started worrying so much about her physical appearance being perfect.

Roll Eyes LOL

Shaman, your just jealous because none of the lefty cable news channels have INTELLIGENT, BLONDE ladies like FOX does. LOL

Chill dude.

Shapunk, You are not an Obamarrhoidal fool of the uni-fart variety. The uni-farting Obamarrhoidal fools are barely tolerable, but multi-farting Obamarrhoidal fools, like yourself, are NOT.

I just hope you are intelligent enough to recognize good advice when you see it.

Now how can I take you seriously when you say crap like "take the country backwards 200 years". That's just emotional rhetoric.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but Scarborough is no conservative. He's a republican. They are not necessarily the same thing. He may be a conservative to you, but to conservatives he is not a conservative.

No one has ever explained the difference to me, other than the new right seems to demand that government return to the original tenets of the Constitution and conduct business accordingly, which is why I said take the country back 200 years. Since we've modernized considerably since then, including a population of 305 million rather than a mere 78 million, that would not be doable.

Tell me, what is there about the Constitution as it stands right now that "would not be doable" because of our population numbers?

A better way to put it would have been things that have been done that are not specifically called for in the Constitution. Like the space program or health care, for starters. I'm constantly seeing the whine "Where in the Constitution does it say that...fill in blank... is allowed?

Yes, Republicans are DESPERATELY in need of people who are approved of by THEIR POLITICAL OPPONENTS.

One wonders when we will see a thread from Jim about how the Democrats really need someone like Ronald Reagan. Or any other Republican respected by other Republicans. :cuckoo:

Well, initially, my support went to Joe Biden who is highly respected by colleagues on both sides of the aisle.

You really believe Joe Biden is actually respected? Someone should have told you that you can't believe everything a politician tells you.

Yes, he is. But maybe not by people comprising your groupthink, 'tis true.

Gotta agree on that one.

You certainly do make the case that there's loons from the far left, too. Please go join your other five-year olds in the sandbox and let the adults carry on. (Don't forget your crayons.)

Scarborough made a good point a few days ago when the topic of troop withdrawal came up. The Dems want to get out of Afganostan and the GOP wants to stay. The GOP argument is the Taliban will just hold off until after we leave and then surge against the government.

Joe said that is true whenever we leave, because the Taliban live there! He is right, you know. If we begin withdrawing in July 2011 or in July 2111, the Taliban will still be there. The key is the Karzai government. I am not sure if it will ever be strong enough to withstand the Taliban.

Scarborough made a good point a few days ago when the topic of troop withdrawal came up. The Dems want to get out of Afganostan and the GOP wants to stay. The GOP argument is the Taliban will just hold off until after we leave and then surge against the government.

Joe said that is true whenever we leave, because the Taliban live there! He is right, you know. If we begin withdrawing in July 2011 or in July 2111, the Taliban will still be there. The key is the Karzai government. I am not sure if it will ever be strong enough to withstand the Taliban.

Please Jim, let us stay until the UN has the opportunity to train an Afgan military. Can we...huh, huh can we?
There is always more to the story if you care to take the time.

Forum List

Back