The Republican Christian is an oxymoran use of words.

They absolutely are when they are sold on being moral. Just because we both know they are not is irrelevant. It is the lie that matters. They are literally using morality to justify a progressive tax. Think about it. Democrats are for big government and criticize Republicans because they don't care for the poor. Tell me what I have gotten wrong?

I did not say you got it wrong-------in fact you got it right Progressive
tax is MORAL------and support of the impoverished is a social responsibility
Actually it is not moral. It is the opposite of moral. Yes, I believe in social responsibility. No, I don't believe progressive taxation is social responsibility.

Are you referring to the different tax brackets, I believe in it, the rich make it off the back of the workers.
I see. So you seek equality through uniformity and communal ownership.

you misjudge Penny-------she is a person-----who "VOTES HER OWN POCKET" I know her well------I grew up in a town full of people like her.
Way back then, they were republicans
That sounds like a massive rationalization. You and Penny are two peas in a pod. You both argue against accountability. Help can only begin after accountability has been accepted. You can't fix what you do not acknowledge is broke. You can't fix things that are not in one's control. The trick is to objectively identify what they do control, which is actually quite a lot. People who push the victimization mentality do not help anyone. In fact, they hurt them quite a bit.

Last edited:
They absolutely are when they are sold on being moral. Just because we both know they are not is irrelevant. It is the lie that matters. They are literally using morality to justify a progressive tax. Think about it. Democrats are for big government and criticize Republicans because they don't care for the poor. Tell me what I have gotten wrong?

I did not say you got it wrong-------in fact you got it right Progressive
tax is MORAL------and support of the impoverished is a social responsibility
Actually it is not moral. It is the opposite of moral. Yes, I believe in social responsibility. No, I don't believe progressive taxation is social responsibility.

ok, I do
How so? Do you believe their plight has gotten better or worse? Do you believe that relief doled out this way ennobles the human spirit or destroys the human spirit like a subtle narcotic?

My point here is that it does more harm than good, doesn't solve the problem, makes the problem worse and is based on lies and deceit.

you are a thinking PERSON-----I agree----welfare is an INADEQUATE
bandage------but so far it is all we got. It NEEDS fixing-----ya got an idea
other than ------throw them in the gutter?
Yes, I already answered it. In fact, I suspect it is what you do to ennoble the spirit of those you love. It is called subsidiarity and it started with Mosses.

No more subsidies for congressmen's HI and no more child care credits. No more bail out for banks or companies, no tax credits, no more tax exempt organizations like Churches or non profit charities, cost us taxpayers money, how is that. Quit all foreign aid, Israel included.

what an interesting idea-------what would be the outcome of such a
policy?. I am not familiar with "bail outs" for companies-----I am familiar
with federally insured banks-----it the federal insurance on bank accounts
something to which you object?
The no more child care credits could possibly put some parents back home with their small children where they should be. The poor and single parents in many cases will still need some sort of assistance but at least for some of them their children would have a parent there for them. Some of these mega child care facilities in the bigger cities truly suck. Many kids are put there in those facilities daily by parents whether healthy or sick when the parents are stuck in the "gotta have a job or your a piece of shit" grinder.

No more subsidies for congressmen's HI and no more child care credits. No more bail out for banks or companies, no tax credits, no more tax exempt organizations like Churches or non profit charities, cost us taxpayers money, how is that. Quit all foreign aid, Israel included.

The no more child care credits could possibly put some parents back home with their small children where they should be. The poor and single parents in many cases will still need some sort of assistance but at least for some of them their children would have a parent there for them. Some of these mega child care facilities in the bigger cities truly suck. Many kids are put there in those facilities daily by parents whether healthy or sick when the parents are stuck in the "gotta have a job or your a piece of shit" grinder.

I STILL SUPPORT THE ITSY BITSY CHILD CARE DEDUCTION

Just saying that the system and attitude right now is f'up. Whenever government gets involved in a big way it can make things much worse. We may have lived pretty much in poverty until the children were in school but at least my children had a parent there for them until they were both in kindergarten. Those first five formative years are extremely important.

Me too. I just don't support throwing money over a fence without any feedback or expectations.

Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1 - Annual Message to Congress, January 4, 1935

"...The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit..."

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Annual Message to Congress

In fact, I thought I’d list 5 of the biggest lies these conservative “Christians” often tell about themselves.

1. They support freedom: This one has always confounded me a bit. You can’t say you want a nation built on both freedom and religion – that doesn’t make any sense. Being that religion by its very nature is predicated upon rules and control, you can’t logically claim to be the “party for freedom and liberty” while also trying to base large portions of your political ideology on religious principles that literally millions of people don’t share.

2. They’re pro-life: For some reason these people have equated opposing abortion to being “pro-life.” Here’s my rule: When you’re constantly pushing for more war, while supporting the death penalty and often vilifying the poor and needy, you lose all right to call yourselves “pro-life.”

3. They care about the poor and income inequality: This one might be my favorite. Republicans are constantly trying to gut programs that help the most needy among us, while simultaneously painting them as “lazy moochers,” while also opposing raising the minimum wage – yet they’re unapologetic about their support for massive tax breaks for the richest among us. They’re literally trying to convince us that the “solution” to income inequality is more of the same policies that caused it to begin with. And what are those polices? The ones that make the rich even richer at the expense of everyone else.

4. They respect religious freedom: This is one of the biggest lies there is. Sure, they want Christians (or at least their brand of Christianity) to have unlimited ability to say and do whatever they want. But that’s where their love for “religious freedom” stops. When it comes to any other religions, or those who choose to follow no religion, that’s when many of these people typically lose it. While these so-called “religious freedom” advocates want the ability for a Christian-owned business to be able to deny service to homosexuals, could you imagine if some businesses began denying service to Christians? Many of these same “religious freedom” folks would absolutely lose their minds.

5. They’re Christians: I thought I’d save the best for last. The fact that many of these people call themselves Christians to begin with is comical. Jesus Christ, whether you believe he was real or not, symbolizes love, acceptance, tolerance, hope, generosity and compassion – which is pretty much the antithesis to what the Republican party represents. Forgive me if I have trouble envisioning Jesus Christ as someone who’d be a gun-loving, anti-immigrant, poor hating advocate for unregulated capitalism and greed, who felt it was acceptable to judge and discriminate against homosexuals. You know, your typical conservative.

The 5 Biggest Lies Conservative "Christians" Tell About Themselves

And you thought you were Christians!! You can pretend all you want, but we know the truth.

Some Republican nut fucking job called into Rush today and said, "Sessions is a good christian man. That used to mean something but doesn't anymore" and then the caller and Rush started blaming liberals for this. That is fucking hilarious that they blame us. They don't understand why it doesn't mean anything anymore. It's not because we are immoral it's because we know what it means when a conservative says "I'm a christian"

Republican Dishonor Roll in brief :
  • Senator John Ensign (R-NV.)
  • Gov. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.),
  • Senator Larry Craig (R-ID.)
  • Senator David Vitter (R-LA)
  • Senator Bob Packwood, (R-OR),
  • Senator Strom Thurmond (R-SC)
  • GOP senatorial candidate. from Conn., Philip Giordano.
  • Rep. Mark Foley, (R-Fl.)
and the list goes on.

So no, it tells me nothing when a politician says they are a christian. In fact red flags go off when I hear a politician talking about "the lord"

In fact, I thought I’d list 5 of the biggest lies these conservative “Christians” often tell about themselves.

1. They support freedom: This one has always confounded me a bit. You can’t say you want a nation built on both freedom and religion – that doesn’t make any sense. Being that religion by its very nature is predicated upon rules and control, you can’t logically claim to be the “party for freedom and liberty” while also trying to base large portions of your political ideology on religious principles that literally millions of people don’t share.

2. They’re pro-life: For some reason these people have equated opposing abortion to being “pro-life.” Here’s my rule: When you’re constantly pushing for more war, while supporting the death penalty and often vilifying the poor and needy, you lose all right to call yourselves “pro-life.”

3. They care about the poor and income inequality: This one might be my favorite. Republicans are constantly trying to gut programs that help the most needy among us, while simultaneously painting them as “lazy moochers,” while also opposing raising the minimum wage – yet they’re unapologetic about their support for massive tax breaks for the richest among us. They’re literally trying to convince us that the “solution” to income inequality is more of the same policies that caused it to begin with. And what are those polices? The ones that make the rich even richer at the expense of everyone else.

4. They respect religious freedom: This is one of the biggest lies there is. Sure, they want Christians (or at least their brand of Christianity) to have unlimited ability to say and do whatever they want. But that’s where their love for “religious freedom” stops. When it comes to any other religions, or those who choose to follow no religion, that’s when many of these people typically lose it. While these so-called “religious freedom” advocates want the ability for a Christian-owned business to be able to deny service to homosexuals, could you imagine if some businesses began denying service to Christians? Many of these same “religious freedom” folks would absolutely lose their minds.

5. They’re Christians: I thought I’d save the best for last. The fact that many of these people call themselves Christians to begin with is comical. Jesus Christ, whether you believe he was real or not, symbolizes love, acceptance, tolerance, hope, generosity and compassion – which is pretty much the antithesis to what the Republican party represents. Forgive me if I have trouble envisioning Jesus Christ as someone who’d be a gun-loving, anti-immigrant, poor hating advocate for unregulated capitalism and greed, who felt it was acceptable to judge and discriminate against homosexuals. You know, your typical conservative.

And you thought you were Christians!! You can pretend all you want, but we know the truth.
Says the anti-Semitic Jesus hater.

Needs to be moved to the rubber room.

Nonsense. It's so true. Republican policies, at least before Trump, were very anti American family. Maybe rich families you guys like but your policies certainly don't encourage the masses to have kids. Not for the poor blue collar you sent their high paying manufacturing jobs overseas during the Clinton/Bush era of NAFTA.

You guys were not against NAFTA until Trump told you to be anti nafta. You didn't give a shit about those white blue collar voters until you needed their votes and Trump found an angle. Well, you better do better by them the next 4 years. That means no more hiring illegals to do "jobs Americans won't do.

4 years ago at CPAC you guys were libertarians and Rand Paul was the star. Today you are Nationalism and tariffs and anti free trade. What gives?

I think Republicans are in favor of poor people, rather than going for welfare or foodstamps, Republicans would rather they not have the kids until they are ready. Which means a huge portion of our population would NEVER have kids. I'm in favor of this myself but ultimately I'm not pro family I'm pro shrinking the population in half.

43.1 million Americans lived in poverty according to the official measure. According to supplemental poverty measure, the poverty rate was 14.3 percent.

Those 15% should never have kids. And how many people that aren't poor would fall into poverty if they had kids? They shouldn't have kids either. Conservative economics doesn't promote having kids. It discourages it.

It's not because we are immoral it's because we know what it means when a conservative says "I'm a christian"

It is because you are immoral. And, being immoral, the biggest threat to you is morality. Thus the antagonism towards anyone who says " I am a Christian"...because of course we do know innately that Christianity is the moral ideal right?
Ann Coulture once said something to the effect of "when all sin is removed all that remains is the witch hunt for hypocrisy". How right she was. Keeps decent people who know they are fallible from trying too hard.

It's not because we are immoral it's because we know what it means when a conservative says "I'm a christian"

It is because you are immoral. And, being immoral, the biggest threat to you is morality. Thus the antagonism towards anyone who says " I am a Christian"...because of course we do know innately that Christianity is the moral ideal right?
Ann Coulture once said something to the effect of "when all sin is removed all that remains is the witch hunt for hypocrisy". How right she was. Keeps decent people who know they are fallible from trying too hard.
Just because some claims to be a Christian does not make them virtuous or moral. The fact is there are a lot of hypocrites who may even go to church every Saturday or Sunday and even to studies through the week that are the most pretentious judgmental lying conniving thieves I have ever come across. The label means nothing unless whomever it is are walking the walk, living their lives to the spirit and following the Word. I can say I am a Christian and a Believer in the Word but it is meaningless if I do not follow in my Lord's foot steps and love his precepts.

Needs to be moved to the rubber room.

Nonsense. It's so true. Republican policies, at least before Trump, were very anti American family. Maybe rich families you guys like but your policies certainly don't encourage the masses to have kids. Not for the poor blue collar you sent their high paying manufacturing jobs overseas during the Clinton/Bush era of NAFTA.

You guys were not against NAFTA until Trump told you to be anti nafta. You didn't give a shit about those white blue collar voters until you needed their votes and Trump found an angle. Well, you better do better by them the next 4 years. That means no more hiring illegals to do "jobs Americans won't do.

4 years ago at CPAC you guys were libertarians and Rand Paul was the star. Today you are Nationalism and tariffs and anti free trade. What gives?

I think Republicans are in favor of poor people, rather than going for welfare or foodstamps, Republicans would rather they not have the kids until they are ready. Which means a huge portion of our population would NEVER have kids. I'm in favor of this myself but ultimately I'm not pro family I'm pro shrinking the population in half.

43.1 million Americans lived in poverty according to the official measure. According to supplemental poverty measure, the poverty rate was 14.3 percent.

Those 15% should never have kids. And how many people that aren't poor would fall into poverty if they had kids? They shouldn't have kids either. Conservative economics doesn't promote having kids. It discourages it.
You should start saying the exact opposite what you think then you wouldn't be wrong so often. Progressives would rather have the poor poorer as long as the rich were less rich.

Some Republican nut fucking job called into Rush today and said, "Sessions is a good christian man. That used to mean something but doesn't anymore" and then the caller and Rush started blaming liberals for this. That is fucking hilarious that they blame us. They don't understand why it doesn't mean anything anymore. It's not because we are immoral it's because we know what it means when a conservative says "I'm a christian"

Republican Dishonor Roll in brief :
  • Senator John Ensign (R-NV.)
  • Gov. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.),
  • Senator Larry Craig (R-ID.)
  • Senator David Vitter (R-LA)
  • Senator Bob Packwood, (R-OR),
  • Senator Strom Thurmond (R-SC)
  • GOP senatorial candidate. from Conn., Philip Giordano.
  • Rep. Mark Foley, (R-Fl.)
and the list goes on.

So no, it tells me nothing when a politician says they are a christian. In fact red flags go off when I hear a politician talking about "the lord"

a good Christian? sessions is still alive, no?

1. And the same is true of you. Atheism is based on rules about when and where we can pray, and who we must accommodate even if it violates our views. That's as much anti-freedom as the other way around.

So practice what you preach at us, before telling us to practices what you preach.

2. You support the murder of people, that when you catch a murderer you refuse to put him to death.... that makes you pro-murder. Pro-life is you put murderers to death, so they don't kill innocent people anymore, and as a warning to others not to murder.

So pro-life is pro-life, whether you agree with it or not. The rest of us don't care that you are wrong.

3. I never even attempted to claim I supported income-inequality. The Bible supports the idea that different people should have different incomes. But caring about the poor, yes we do care about the poor. Christians both donate more of their personal time, as well as more of their income, and christian organizations provide more charitable services to the poor, than left-winger athiests do. Every survey proves this.

Religious Americans Give More, New Study Finds

So, facts trump your claims (pardon the pun). You people are the ones who claim to care about the poor, and yet routinely prove you don't.

4. I would not have a problem with anyone denying service to me because I'm a Christian. I'm all for freedom of choice. If it's your business, and you are a business owner, and you don't want to give me services, that's your right. I don't have the right to tell you that you MUST provide me services.

So, you are wrong on that too. Freedom of religion is freedom of religion. You don't get to pick and choose when others have freedom.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that I lost a job over the fact I was Christian. A guy started screaming at me on the shop floor, because he found out I was Christian and claimed I started the Crusades. A week later I was laid off from the job. I don't know for certain.... but it does seem like an odd coincidence of timing. I didn't scream about it, I just got another job.

5. Well we already established that we love the poor more than you. In addition to that, we don't hate immigrants. I like immigrants. I have a guy living with me right now that is renting a room until his wife who is still in Bangladesh can come to the US. Additionally I support a Spanish to English charity, which gives low cost English lessons to Spanish speaking immigrants. So that's not true. As far as Jesus with a Gun, apparently you missed the Book of Revelations.... You know... where Jesus comes back and slaughters those who hate him? He's coming back girl.... and when he comes, he's killing the enemies of G-d. So I don't think that's too far out of line. Not to mention many of the great prophets of old, slaughtered people all the time who attacked G-d. King David? Remember him? Cut of people's heads? Jesus referred to David several times? And lastly, Jesus made several points about engaging in business, and that G-d rewards people with wealth. There are actually numerous examples of capitalist based statements in the Bible.

And... ironically for you, there is a anti-socialist statement in the Bible, at least one clear one. Luke 22:25 says:

The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that.​

Now, if you know the meaning of Benefactors.... the rulers of the people call themselves their benefactors.... in other words, Congress and Hillary says "we're your help! We'll give you health care and subsidized housing, and food and water, and blaw blaw blaw.."

And Jesus said.... don't be like that. Don't be like democrats.

So in that sense, I think the closest party to the ideology of Jesus would be.... Republican.

ding-----also SOCIETIES are SOCIALISTIC to some extent----taxes and charity are
forms of SOCIALISM
I hear that argument a lot. Forced charity isn't charity.
Like when they pass the collection plate?

That's not forced. If I don't give anything, do you see the pastor or deacons going around and picking people up by their feet and shaking them until money falls into the plate?
You guys sound like a bad cartoon.

Republican economics encourages abortion.
Democrats want to pay for abortions, but you believe it is the Republicans who encourage abortion. If you ever need to question why your life is shit, look in the mirror for the answer. People who deny reality reap what they sow.

"The Democratic Party has taken the unprecedented step of including language in its platform calling for the repeal of a law that bars federal dollars from paying directly for abortions."

Democrats’ platform at convention backs abortion funds

Forum List

Back