The reason Obama continues the war in Afghanistan

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Why is Obama keeping the war in Afghanistan ongoing? By all accounts, it goes against his stated ideology.

The answer is simpler than I realized.

It actually helps to progress his agenda.

1. He can blame our huge deficits on Afghanistan (never mind if it's not true).
2. Mayor Booker gave a speech at the DNC, stating that wealth distribution during a war is 'patriotic.'

Why is Obama keeping the war in Afghanistan ongoing? By all accounts, it goes against his stated ideology.

2. Mayor Booker gave a speech at the DNC, stating that wealth distribution during a war is 'patriotic.'
Neither the Dem the Repub party wants to actually end conflicts.

I don't know that Republicans are clamoring to end it. But they haven't made the stink that Dems did pre 2008. The subject is not Republicans though Mister Spinster. The subject is why Obama is using American soldiers as props.

I don't know that Republicans are clamoring to end it. But they haven't made the stink that Dems did pre 2008. The subject is not Republicans though Mister Spinster. The subject is why Obama is using American soldiers as props.
What president didn't when there was a conflict?

I'm not saying it's right by any stretch of the imagination... But it obviously works with the voter base.

I'm not saying it's right by any stretch of the imagination... But it obviously works with the voter base.

Try it again, this time making sense (Seriously).

What president didn't use American soldiers as props when there was a conflict?

IF there is something that isn't clear about the second part... I can't help you. I'm not sure how that's confusing at all.

IF there is something that isn't clear about the second part... I can't help you. I'm not sure how that's confusing at all.

That's seriously your answer? It's okay to use soldiers as political pawns?

Hey...................fuckwit..................he's promised to bring all the soliders out of Afghanistan by the year 2014, with all combat troops being gone by the end of this year.

John McStupid (yeah.............the old fucker with a blonde bimbo for a daughter) wanted to keep us in there for the next 100 years.

And oh yeah..................by the way..................he also wants us to go to war in 6 different countries right NOW.

Wanna talk about wealth redistribution? Let's talk about the Ryan budget.

You are SERIOUSLY fucking deluded.

Dude... Go to bed. ;)

Last edited:

"Not saying it's right by any stretch of the imagination but it obviously works with the voter base"?

Explains a lot about the way Mittens Rob Me talks.

"Not saying it's right by any stretch of the imagination but it obviously works with the voter base"?

*blink*blink*

Is that not a common phrase where you guys are from? And... Uhh... Mitt and I don't exactly come from the same background. o.0

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/by+any+stretch+of+the+imagination

Edit: Of course I'm tired as hell... I should go to bed too... lol

Last edited:

Mmm__ I don't think Mitt is being hawkish at all. He didn't even mention war in his RNC speech. And again, you bring it back to Republicans in an effort to excuse Obama.

*blink*blink*

Is that not a common phrase where you guys are from? And... Uhh... Mitt and I don't exactly come from the same background. o.0

Mittens the Rob Me (i.e. Mitt Romney for those that are too brain dead to understand) has done nothing but pander to whoever he thinks is going to give him the most political capital, and oh yeah.................he's known as Mr. Flip Flop because he's willing to change his views depending on the political winds.

Also explains the "etch a sketch" comments.

Next?

*blink*blink*

Mittens the Rob Me (i.e. Mitt Romney for those that are too brain dead to understand) has done nothing but pander to whoever he thinks is going to give him the most political capital, and oh yeah.................he's known as Mr. Flip Flop because he's willing to change his views depending on the political winds.

I agree.

Hang on there... I want to make sure I get this right... Did you just dismiss me?

7733669218_75b8d16b4c_z.jpg

*blink*blink*

I agree.

Hang on there... I want to make sure I get this right... Did you just dismiss me?

Nope............not a dismissal at all. Wanted to see if you were one of those right wing assholes that frequents this board, or, were you someone who used logic and reasoning?

The common phrase stuff is what got me defensive.

And..................the "next" comment was to see what kind of batshittery you could sling if you were actually one of those rabid right wing assholes.

I agree.

Nope............not a dismissal at all. Wanted to see if you were one of those right wing assholes that frequents this board, or, were you someone who used logic and reasoning?
I'm a fan of Logic and reasoning.

The common phrase stuff is what got me defensive.
Uhh.. Ok.

And..................the "next" comment was to see what kind of batshittery you could sling if you were actually one of those rabid right wing assholes.
Ok... Fair warning. I'm an equal opportunist asshole. I don't like the extreme left anymore than I do the extreme right.

With that said... My tired ass is going to bed.

Forum List

Back