The Real Winners (Great Krugman article)

SeaChange

Rookie
May 21, 2012
New York, NY
Whether you are conservative, liberal, independent or none of the above, this is a good read.. whether you disagree with it or not.

The Real Winners - by Paul Krugman

Personally, I think "Obamacare" is flawed in many ways and is a sad combination of Obama's lack of backbone and Republican obstructionism but the fact remains that are at least some positives in this legislation and the Dems seem to be the only ones trying to extend healthcare to all Americans for a healthier, more equitable society.

Whether you are conservative, liberal, independent or none of the above, this is a good read.. whether you disagree with it or not.

Personally, I think "Obamacare" is flawed in many ways and is a sad combination of Obama's lack of backbone and Republican obstructionism but the fact remains that are at least some positives in this legislation and the Dems seem to be the only ones trying to extend healthcare to all Americans for a healthier, more equitable society.

You lost me right there...Those last three words...

First off, who the fuck is the lucky bastard that gets to DECIDE what's "equitable"? And why does he have the power to take my LEGAL property (my money) and give it to somebody else? You want to give money to the less fortunate?? BE MY GUEST! It'd be a BIG SWITCH!

I've talked politics and religion with about 100 volunteers (Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, soup kitchens) and I've not found 10 Democrats in the whole fucking bunch! You motherfuckers talk a great game, but when it comes down to digging in your wallet OR your soul, you'd rather leave the heavy lifting for somebody else.

If high taxes are such a good thing, why the fuck are you paying H & R Block?!?

First off, who the fuck is the lucky bastard that gets to DECIDE what's "equitable"? And why does he have the power to take my LEGAL property (my money) and give it to somebody else? You want to give money to the less fortunate?? BE MY GUEST! It'd be a BIG SWITCH!

I've talked politics and religion with about 100 volunteers (Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, soup kitchens) and I've not found 10 Democrats in the whole fucking bunch! You motherfuckers talk a great game, but when it comes down to digging in your wallet OR your soul, you'd rather leave the heavy lifting for somebody else.

Unfortunately, there will always be those who think they know what equitable means.

Sad.

Government healthcare has worked great for Medicare (right up until it goes broke) so, of course Krugman thinks adding "30 million" people to government healthcare can only be better

hello first time chatting with u my friend, but u are right in what u bolded and asked, heres the libs rebuttal, ur welcome to ur opinion and u better agree with me and thats what these people want someone to tell them what to think , act buy and live, and thats the reality of it.

Nice to meet u hope ur nite is okay.

The Nobel Prize for Stupidity goes to... Paul Krugman!

Take a bow Paul... Show us your best side.

That is exactly how I feel about it.

That is exactly how I feel about it.
Thank the Lord you're the minority.

Why are you so angry? :confused:

Why does any president have any power to use MY money to fund the public school system, hospitals, parks, fire fighters, police officers, social security.. etc.

Why do I have to pay taxes at all?

Btw, did you read the article at all? Are they any particular points you'd like to refute?

Dems want to pay their fair share in taxes...

Pub dupes!! Want to pay MORE on health care, so they can screw the victims of this mess. How dumb can you get???

I am just curious about which high taxes you are talking about. We have the lowest tax rates in over sixty years, not the highest. You seem to be confused.

Well I'll agree about the winners.

The 30 million or so who will have HC under Obamacare.

Of course no mention about the folks who will be paying for it. I'm not interested in paying for someone elses HC.

Anyone who is can open their wallets and have at it. Be my guest.

Of course no mention about the folks who will be paying for it. I'm not interested in paying for someone elses HC.

Please explain with some credible proof. Who's currently paying for freeloaders going to Emergency Rooms?

Why does any president have any power to use MY money to fund the public school system, hospitals, parks, fire fighters, police officers, social security.. etc.

He doesn't. Those are all local government taxed responsibilites.

Except SS which is citizen funded as means of future return.

Please explain with some credible proof. Who's currently paying for freeloaders going to Emergency Rooms?

Stabilizing Emergency care has always been available and should / will continue to be regardless of financial ability. It is rooted in the Hippocratic ethos.

Government healthcare has worked great for Medicare (right up until it goes broke) so, of course Krugman thinks adding "30 million" people to government healthcare can only be better

Well, actually, that's Medicaid we are adding 30 million to, but that isn't the point.

Medicare actually is better than the alternative that proceeded it. The alternative that proceeded it was "Dying before you ever had grandchildren!" The life expectency before Medicare was 69 years, it's up to 78 today.

Now, yeah, Medicare has problems, the combination of the spiralling costs of medical procedures and the aging of America.

Netiher of which has anything to do with ObamaCare or Medicare itself.

Stabilizing Emergency care has always been available and should / will continue to be regardless of financial ability. It is rooted in the Hippocratic ethos.

That's not point. Who pays? It's a stealth tax that raises medical bills and insurance premiums.

Why we are of course.

Who do you think is paying for all those who can't or won't pay?? In the case of Medicaid our Govt has decided that we who work should pay for others.

Money doesn't grow on a tree. Others are charged higher everything to pay for those that can't or won't pay. Nothing is for free. Someone pays the tab.

We have no say in the matter and that sucks big time.

If you don't mind forking over your hard earned money to pay for someone else then feel free. Have at it.

I, on the other hand, have better things to do with my hard earned money.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back