The Real Winners (Great Krugman article)

Whether you are conservative, liberal, independent or none of the above, this is a good read.. whether you disagree with it or not.

The Real Winners - by Paul Krugman

Personally, I think "Obamacare" is flawed in many ways and is a sad combination of Obama's lack of backbone and Republican obstructionism but the fact remains that are at least some positives in this legislation and the Dems seem to be the only ones trying to extend healthcare to all Americans for a healthier, more equitable society.

That is exactly how I feel about it.
Thank the Lord you're the minority.

And a small minority at that.

Well I'll agree about the winners.

The 30 million or so who will have HC under Obamacare.

Of course no mention about the folks who will be paying for it. I'm not interested in paying for someone elses HC.

Anyone who is can open their wallets and have at it. Be my guest.

Well thats easy!

According to Krugman debt = income, so we'll borrow another trillion annual to pay for it. See how easy that was?

Well I'll agree about the winners.

The 30 million or so who will have HC under Obamacare.

Of course no mention about the folks who will be paying for it. I'm not interested in paying for someone elses HC.

Anyone who is can open their wallets and have at it. Be my guest.

Well thats easy!

According to Krugman debt = income, so we'll borrow another trillion annual to pay for it. See how easy that was?

At the same time we can sell all of our military armament, close NASA, close the Marines, Army, Navy and Air Force and keep the National Guard for defense.

The ACA is

"... an awkward hybrid of public and private insurance that isn’t the way anyone would have designed a system from scratch

Spot on!

Designed though political compromise it gies far less than the problem suggests it ought to go.

The ACA is

"... an awkward hybrid of public and private insurance that isn’t the way anyone would have designed a system from scratch

Spot on!

Designed though political compromise it gies far less than the problem suggests it ought to go.

...healthcare system designed by Progressives to undermine our economic and political freedoms.

There, fixed

Last edited:
NUTTERS!

Please stop accusing liberals of not wanting to open their wallets for health care while at the same time accusing us of advocating higher taxes ( which we too must pay ).

The grip that you have on your purse strings is forcing your facial muscles to contort.

OK. That is twice this morning I have seen libs declare that the mandate was upheld.

Krugman lies. It was not.

From the fucking opinion: "The individual mandate cannot be upheld"

Krugman has always been a liar and nothing has changed.

The ACA is

Spot on!

...healthcare system designed by Progressives to undermine our economic and political freedoms.

There, fixed

...designed by progressives with a goal to eventually reach single-payer system where you pay into it much like Social Security...taken from your check before you even get it....you know...a tax...well not a tax...but...a tax-like thingy.

NUTTERS!

Please stop accusing liberals of not wanting to open their wallets for health care while at the same time accusing us of advocating higher taxes ( which we too must pay ).

The grip that you have on your purse strings is forcing your facial muscles to contort.

...for the good of the children!

Whether you are conservative, liberal, independent or none of the above, this is a good read.. whether you disagree with it or not.

Personally, I think "Obamacare" is flawed in many ways and is a sad combination of Obama's lack of backbone and Republican obstructionism but the fact remains that are at least some positives in this legislation and the Dems seem to be the only ones trying to extend healthcare to all Americans for a healthier, more equitable society.

That is exactly how I feel about it.

of course you would

Government healthcare has worked great for Medicare (right up until it goes broke) so, of course Krugman thinks adding "30 million" people to government healthcare can only be better

Well, actually, that's Medicaid we are adding 30 million to, but that isn't the point.

Medicare actually is better than the alternative that proceeded it. The alternative that proceeded it was "Dying before you ever had grandchildren!" The life expectency before Medicare was 69 years, it's up to 78 today.

Now, yeah, Medicare has problems, the combination of the spiralling costs of medical procedures and the aging of America.

Netiher of which has anything to do with ObamaCare or Medicare itself.

Medicare/caid are responsible for the scientific and medical advances that has prolonged life expectancy.

I had no idea

The ACA is

Spot on!

There, fixed
Take heart CF. Some very important points.

Morning Jay: The Case for John Roberts | The Weekly Standard

Government healthcare has worked great for Medicare (right up until it goes broke) so, of course Krugman thinks adding "30 million" people to government healthcare can only be better

How is private insurance government healthcare? Oh your a hack nevermind.

The ACA is

Spot on!

There, fixed

Those damn progressives at The Heritage Foundation? Really?

The concept of the individual health insurance mandate is considered to have originated in 1989 at the conservative Heritage Foundation. In 1993, Republicans twice introduced health care bills that contained an individual health insurance mandate. Advocates for those bills included prominent Republicans who today oppose the mandate including Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Charles Grassley (R-IA), Robert Bennett (R-UT), and Christopher Bond (R-MO). In 2007, Democrats and Republicans introduced a bi-partisan bill containing the mandate.

http://healthcarereform.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004182

Funny that everyone hates the mandate but loves the other parts of the bill.

82% approve of not excluding pre-existing conditions.

OK. That is twice this morning I have seen libs declare that the mandate was upheld.

Krugman lies. It was not.

From the fucking opinion: "The individual mandate cannot be upheld"

Krugman has always been a liar and nothing has changed.

And yet the mandate survived didn't it? But I think it was not upheld under the commerce clause.

You lost me right there...Those last three words...

First off, who the fuck is the lucky bastard that gets to DECIDE what's "equitable"? And why does he have the power to take my LEGAL property (my money) and give it to somebody else? You want to give money to the less fortunate?? BE MY GUEST! It'd be a BIG SWITCH!

I've talked politics and religion with about 100 volunteers (Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, soup kitchens) and I've not found 10 Democrats in the whole fucking bunch! You motherfuckers talk a great game, but when it comes down to digging in your wallet OR your soul, you'd rather leave the heavy lifting for somebody else.

If high taxes are such a good thing, why the fuck are you paying H & R Block?!?

The last three words did it for me as well. Redistribution, that's any Democrats middle name. Take from others because you're incapable of earning it for yourself.

"First off, who the fuck is the lucky bastard that gets to DECIDE what's "equitable?""

Our elected representatives and judges...Change the channel, you're full of fear mongering Pubcrappe. EVERYONE will be better off under health reform. End of story. Except health care scammers, your lying heroes.

Last edited:

Citing an idiot and saying stupid things doesn't make you look smart.

Ah heck some think this is the end of the world. I have to pay taxes to get roads plowed. That makes me angry too. Why not shut down for the day?

Forum List

Back