The real unemployment rate

Wyld Kard

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2012
Planet Crazy
The real unemployment rate has been higher than you think, like around 14.3%.

The “official” unemployment rate doesn’t count discouraged workers who have settled for part-time jobs or have given up looking altogether.

The media is also constantly reporting the unemployment rate is around 7.4% - 7.6%

They report low unemployment percentages to make it look like Obama's policies are working, when in truth they are not. His policies are hurting America.

Why The 'Real' Unemployment Rate Is Higher Than You Think - Forbes

Real Unemployment Rose from 13.8% to 14.3% in June

The obedient news media reported that unemployment stayed stable at 7.6% during the month of June. That is true for U-3 unemployment, which does not take into account those who are working only part time and want more work.

U-6 is a real measure of unemployment, and U-6 went from 13.8% to 14.3% in June! Real unemployment rose a full half percentage point in June, and we have heard nothing of this from Congress or from the news media.

Real Unemployment Rose from 13.8% to 14.3% in June | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

You're referring to the U6 measure of labor underutilization: unemployed plus marginally attached workers plus those working part-time for economic reasons as a percent of the labor force plus the marginally attached.

The marginally attached are those who are willing and able to work, who have looked for work in the last year but not the last 4 weeks.

Part time for economic reasons are those who want to and can work 35+ hours/week, but are working less than 35 because of slow business (the majority) or inability to find full time work.

It baffles me that anyone thinks including people who are working and those not trying to work is the "real" rate.

And the U6 dropped to 14% in July.

The real unemployment rate is 7.4%. The U-3 rate was the "real" rate for Reagan and both Bushes therefore it is the real rate for Obama.

The real unemployment rate is 7.4%. The U-3 rate was the "real" rate for Reagan and both Bushes therefore it is the real rate for Obama.

Oh sure, we in America is supposed to believe that the unemployment rate is 7.4%, to give the illusion that Obama's policies are working and illusion that he is handling the economy better than Bush.

The real unemployment rate has been higher like 14.3% than what the media has been actually reporting, because after all we can't make that lying, no-good fraud Obama look bad.

Oh sure, we in America is supposed to believe that the unemployment rate is 7.4%, to give the illusion that Obama's policies are working and illusion that he is handling the economy better than Bush.

The real unemployment rate has been higher like 14.3% than what the media has been actually reporting, because after all we can't make that lying, no-good fraud Obama look bad.
The real unemployment rate IS 7.4%, just because you can't accept it does not change that fact. The U-3 rate was the real rate for Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II but not for Obama. There is something about Obama that is different from all the other presidents, and it obviously isn't Party, that makes certain people use a different standard for him.
I wonder what it could be, hummmmm.... :confused:

This isn't the first time they "cooked" the books for Obama to show that UE went down.
These last numbers reflect at best a stagnant economy...

The real unemployment rate has been higher than you think, like around 14.3%.

The “official” unemployment rate doesn’t count discouraged workers who have settled for part-time jobs or have given up looking altogether.

The media is also constantly reporting the unemployment rate is around 7.4% - 7.6%

They report low unemployment percentages to make it look like Obama's policies are working, when in truth they are not. His policies are hurting America.

Why The 'Real' Unemployment Rate Is Higher Than You Think - Forbes

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

You're correct that there is a broader definition of unemployment. And indeed this is an increasing problem, for a variety of reasons. But it is ridiculous to blame it on Obama.

The numbers have always been higher when taking into account those on the periphery, discouraged workers, etc. And today several trends, long running and recently accelerating, have led to greater unemployment and underemployment. Offshoring work has led to a race to the bottom- shifting jobs to the very lowest paying, lowest standards country. The digital revolution has caused even more job loss. These are world-wide trends, and Washington has limited means of dealing with this. The fact is that increasing productivity, and other factors, have made full employment problematic. Political consensus has trailed economic reality here, and until there is some, unemployment will be an issue. A republican president would face the same issues.

The real unemployment rate IS 7.4%, just because you can't accept it does not change that fact. The U-3 rate was the real rate for Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II but not for Obama. There is something about Obama that is different from all the other presidents, and it obviously isn't Party, that makes certain people use a different standard for him.

The real unemployment rate IS 7.4%, just because you can't accept it does not change that fact.
What a load of crap! The real unemployment rate currently is 14% and just because you can't accept it does not change the fact.

The U-3 rate was the real rate for Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II but not for Obama.
Why supposedly does it not apply to Obama? Why is Obama so special?

If the real unemployment rate was reported at 14% by the media that in turn would make Obama look like his polices are not working, causing him to possibly loose support, causing his approval rating to plummet, and that is something Obama cannot afford.

So what other option does Obama and his people have? Lie to the people. :eusa_liar: Tell them that America is doing better economically, the unemployment rate is low, jobs are being created blah, blah, blah. The gullible Obama supporters will bite into this load of crap and wash it down with Obama's Kool-Aid.

There is something about Obama that is different from all the other presidents
Perhaps because he is a fraud.

Last edited:

What a load of crap! The real unemployment rate currently is 14.3% and just because you can't accept it does not change the fact.

The U-3 rate was the real rate for Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II but not for Obama.

If the real unemployment rate was reported at 14.3% by the media that in turn would make Obama look like his polices are not working, causing him to possibly loose support, causing his approval rating to plummet, and that is something Obama cannot afford.

So what other option does Obama and his people have? Lie to the people. :eusa_liar: Tell them that America is doing better economically, the unemployment rate is low, jobs are being created blah, blah, blah. The gullible Obama supporters will bite into this load of crap and wash it down with Obama's Kool-Aid.

So you admit that the real unemployment rate of 7.4% shows that Obama's policies are working.
Thank you.

So that leaves the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood no other option but to lie and claim the U-3 rate is not the real unemployment rate even though it has always been the real rate for all the other presidents.

What a load of crap! The real unemployment rate currently is 14.3% and just because you can't accept it does not change the fact.

If the real unemployment rate was reported at 14.3% by the media that in turn would make Obama look like his polices are not working, causing him to possibly loose support, causing his approval rating to plummet, and that is something Obama cannot afford.

So you admit that the real unemployment rate of 7.4% shows that Obama's policies are working.
Thank you.

So that leaves the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood no other option but to lie and claim the U-3 rate is not the real unemployment rate even though it has always been the real rate for all the other presidents.

You are an fuckin idiot.

Another Obongo supporter that has to resort to lying and distorting the truth. I didn't admit to a goddamn thing, you're a liar. I clearly mentioned at the start of the post that the real unemployment rate was 14.3%. All you did was cherry -pick something out and try to turn it back on me.

I posted the facts and you can't handle it, because it's making Obama look bad.

I also noticed that you couldn't answer the questions I asked.

Let me make this perfectly clear:

The current unemployment rate is 14.3%.

Obama's policies are FAILING AMERICA!

You're just like Obama, you both are liars.
:eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Last edited:

Thank you.

You are an fuckin idiot.

Another Obongo supporter that has to resort to lying and distorting the truth. I didn't admit to a goddamn thing. I posted the facts and you can't handle it, because it's making Obama look bad.

First, it dropped to 14% in July.

Second, do you realize you're counting 8.2 million people who have jobs as "unemployed? How does that make sense to you?

Thank you.

You are an fuckin idiot.

Another Obongo supporter that has to resort to lying and distorting the truth. I didn't admit to a goddamn thing. I posted the facts and you can't handle it, because it's making Obama look bad.

Second, do you realize you're counting 8.2 million people who have jobs as "unemployed? How does that make sense to you?

Alright the unemployment rate dropped in July to 14%, however, you should have provided a link.

The Labor Force Participation Rate also dropped by .1%, so there goes half the decrease from 7.6% to 7.4%. More people dropped out of the Labor Force than got new jobs.

The Labor Force Participation Rate also dropped by .1%, so there goes half the decrease from 7.6% to 7.4%. More people dropped out of the Labor Force than got new jobs.

Ummmm no, that's not how it works. Labor Force was 144,058,000 employed + 11,777,000 unemployed = 155,835,000 divided by population of 245,552,000 = 63.5%.
In July labor force went to 144,285,000 employed (+227,000) plus 11,514,000 (-263,000) = 155,798,000 (-37,000) divided by population of 245,756,000 (+204,000) = 63.4%

So employment went up 227,000 and labor force dropped 37,000 so yor claim is incorrect.

You are an fuckin idiot.

Alright the unemployment rate dropped in July to 14%, however, you should have provided a link.
Interesting how you ignored my question. Want to try again?

All I know is that my older, well-skilled, highly educated, exceptionally experienced and professional husband is under-employed. He is searching for another job and is willing to relocate (again) to secure a decent position. Recently he found a listing for a "full-time" job but the listing also said that the new hire would be working no more than 32 hours a week. That's the first time he has seen anything like that for a "full time" position. It is crazy out there.

Forum List

Back