The Real Romney

Romney had a long time to practice being someone he's not.

btw, there really was no media filter on those 47% remarks event.

Actually, I think it was Barack Obama who was going to be this post-partisan, post-racial UNIFIER who was going to "change the way Washington does business".

Meanwhile back at the ranch... Mitt Romney actually got alot done with an 87% Democrat legislature. And you know, when Frank Luntz was interviewing his focus group... one of the things they kept coming back to was Romney's comments describing his record on bipartisanship. They really liked that. Hmmm... :eusa_whistle:

Romney got nothing done in Massachusetts except for signing the Democrats healthcare bill.

Romney vetoed 800 bills while he was governor of Massachusetts, and almost every one of them was overridden,

some of them overridden unanimously by the legislature.

People like you who are too stupid and lazy to do 10 minutes research end up looking like idiots trying to talk about things you know nothing about.

Oh boo-hoo. :eusa_boohoo:
You people are just pissy because Barry got his ass spanked in front of 60 million people last night.

Distort him? He lied his ass off.

He said he wouldn't cut teachers and we have him on video saying he would.

He said he wouldn't lower taxes on the rich and we know he supports lowering corporate taxes, removing the estate tax and reducing capital gains until his own tax rate would drop to around 2%.

He said pre existing conditions are covered under his health care plan and right after the debate, he surrogate said that wasn't entirely true. Try to figure out why.

I'm afraid Rick Santorum may have been correct.

Conservatives are reading WAY to much into last night's debate. Romney may have 'won', but only on his presence and articulation. His content was pitiful. I doubt he'll change many minds.

Obama didn't do all that bad. There were no killer moments. He just appeared tired. Not at his best by far. Of course having to change his schedule to accommodate dozens of conference calls with U.N. and NATO officials may have worn him out a bit.

Romney's message was full of contradictions, bullshit and just plain underhanded sleaze:

1. He refused to admit that his tax plan calls for not just lower the tax rates by 20%, but by cutting deductions that lower taxes for the middle class. They will end up paying more after these deductions are eliminated. There is no other way he could hope to balance the budget - or even close.

2. He didn't mention that the corner stone of his tax plan relies on the idea that cutting taxes for the wealthiest will stimulate the economy. SUPPLY-SIDE ECONOMICS!. He fails to mention that the Bush tax cut DEFINITIVELY proved that supply-side economics DO NOT WORK.

3. His plan for medicare (vouchers) is so hideous that he would not dare impose them on people over 55. He knows that those are the people that really care about medicare and if they were forced into his plan, none would vote for him. So he's preying on younger people who don't yet realize how important medicare will be for them. In short, if his plan is any good, why wouldn't he include people over 55?

4. Romney's whining about the federal deficit is BULLSHIT. If the Republican's cared about the deficit they would have accepted the plan for $4 trillion in spending cuts that Obama proposed. Holding out on that deal because of tiny 3% tax increase on the wealthiest Americans is nonsense.

Romney may have been slick last night...like a snake-oil salesman. But snake-oil is all he got!

Ugh. First off... if you're getting 20% savings on your taxes... you don't NEED the measly deductions that benefit the middle class. AND, for people who are CONSUMED by notions of "fairness", you guys just can't seem to wrap your minds around how much more FAIR that is. Say we eliminate the mortgage interest deduction... people who would normally have taken it are paying 20% less in taxes so they're not really losing any money. And people who rent and weren't going to get that deduction are ALSO paying 20% less. Why should people without children pay more in taxes than people with them? Why should renters pay more in taxes than homeowners? You fuckers always SAY you want "fairness"... but I guess you only want it if some Democrat defines what "fairness" ought to be.

I'm not going to go point by point, because frankly, the talking points are pretty stale and boring, but I will say this... Romney is RIGHT. Competition breeds excellence. A bunch of health insurance companies vying for those Medicare vouchers are going to work hard to get them. THAT's how you improve quality. And for people who are just bound and determined to stick with Traditional Medicare, they can do that. But without change... that's not going to be an option for most of us because the program is UNSUSTAINABLE in its current form. What that means, is that it will cease to exist. Bear in mind too, that having a little plastic card which says you have insurance doesn't mean squat when you can't find a doctor or hospital who will accept it.

6 months ago everyone on here was trashing Romney yet now he is the champion of conservatism?

Nobody said he was. But he is a guy who can beat Obama. He is a guy who can bring both sides to the table, and he is a guy who knows the Economy and how to lead.

Ill take a Competent, Moderate Republican over Obama any day of the week.

Charlie....how many times does Dean have to tell you?.....there are NO Moderate Republicans......they dont exist.....Pat Robertson told him that...

Actually, I think it was Barack Obama who was going to be this post-partisan, post-racial UNIFIER who was going to "change the way Washington does business".

Meanwhile back at the ranch... Mitt Romney actually got alot done with an 87% Democrat legislature. And you know, when Frank Luntz was interviewing his focus group... one of the things they kept coming back to was Romney's comments describing his record on bipartisanship. They really liked that. Hmmm... :eusa_whistle:

Romney got nothing done in Massachusetts except for signing the Democrats healthcare bill.

Romney vetoed 800 bills while he was governor of Massachusetts, and almost every one of them was overridden,

some of them overridden unanimously by the legislature.

People like you who are too stupid and lazy to do 10 minutes research end up looking like idiots trying to talk about things you know nothing about.

Oh boo-hoo. :eusa_boohoo:
You people are just pissy because Barry got his ass spanked in front of 60 million people last night.

wow nice punt

Yup, Romney was a great liar/salesman/con man.

O fought for ACA for 2 years? Passed after 13 months.

Half of alt energy projects failed? 3 of 38?Pubs kill the nonrich, see sig pp1.

Romney's plans are BS. The 5 trillion deal...HIS experts are the Heritage Foundation LOL.So much BS.

Seniors will lose donut hole again, 716 billion medicare are SAVINGS, don't hurt benefits- the whole pile usual Pubcrappe. He's a GREAT Con man/ BS.salesman.

He did zip for Mass. education. Raised all fees like crazy.
seniors are going to lose their doughnut holes?......say it aint so Frankie.....they love those glazed ones i hear.....

Distort him? He lied his ass off.

He said he wouldn't cut teachers and we have him on video saying he would.

He said he wouldn't lower taxes on the rich and we know he supports lowering corporate taxes, removing the estate tax and reducing capital gains until his own tax rate would drop to around 2%.

He said pre existing conditions are covered under his health care plan and right after the debate, he surrogate said that wasn't entirely true. Try to figure out why.

I'm afraid Rick Santorum may have been correct.

I wonder what it is that makes Romney think it doesn't matter to be so completely disingenuous. I'm not saying that he thinks he can get away with it. That's something else entirely different.

I know that each party has extremely good internal polls and voter demographic segmentation analyses.

So, if the RNC starts with the premise that a certain number of people (like Democrats, for example) won't vote for him, period. And a certain percentage of people (like conservatives and Republicans) will vote for him even if and when they know he's lying. That leaves a certain number of people who may be on the fence. Now, IF Romney lies about his position on the issues in a national debate, how many of those people will take the time to fact check and then either vote for Obama or simply choose not to vote FOR Romney when they might otherwise very well have voted for Romney if he did not lie? And could the number of previously undecided voters who will vote for him because they believe him actually tip the balance in his favor in the swing states above and beyond the voters he would lose?

Has voter analysis and human behavior analysis really reached such levels that politicians can make that kind of a cynical decision with a reasonable expectation that the strategy will work?

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing what we get to see when we're not forced to see someone through the media's filter? The Romney that we saw tonight is the same guy that has been there all along. The media wasn't able to distort him for a change. :)

He brought with him a whole new tax plan, a new Wall Street regs plan, and a new health care overhaul.

He hinted at those new things, but didn't give very many details.

Then his campaign staff actually corrected Mitt on a few issues afterwards....:clap2:

Obama was letting Mitt save a little face before the election.

6 months ago everyone on here was trashing Romney yet now he is the champion of conservatism?

Nobody said he was. But he is a guy who can beat Obama. He is a guy who can bring both sides to the table, and he is a guy who knows the Economy and how to lead.

Charlie....how many times does Dean have to tell you?.....there are NO Moderate Republicans......they dont exist.....Pat Robertson told him that...
wonderful you guys like people like Bush....

Obama is nothing without his Teleprompters Romney mopped the floor with him last night. I especially loved the part when they were starting a new segment about health care and Obama put his opposable thumb and forefinger up his nose at the same time. Someone should do a split screen commercial with that pic!

Yup, Romney was a great liar/salesman/con man.

O fought for ACA for 2 years? Passed after 13 months.

Half of alt energy projects failed? 3 of 38?Pubs kill the nonrich, see sig pp1.

Romney's plans are BS. The 5 trillion deal...HIS experts are the Heritage Foundation LOL.So much BS.

Seniors will lose donut hole again, 716 billion medicare are SAVINGS, don't hurt benefits- the whole pile usual Pubcrappe. He's a GREAT Con man/ BS.salesman.

He did zip for Mass. education. Raised all fees like crazy.
seniors are going to lose their doughnut holes?......say it aint so Frankie.....they love those glazed ones i hear.....

The $716 billion cut from Medicare isn't really a cut..it's a SAVINGS?

Please, which bank is that savings being held?

Oh, that's right...in the Obamacare National Bank.

wonderful you guys like people like Bush....

you show me where i ever stated i like that piece of shit and i will banish myself from this place for a month....AND what the fuck does Bush have to do with what i posted?....:eusa_eh:

Well now, let's all watch what happens here in the next week;

President Obama 269 Governor Romney 181

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Now I give Romney a win last night on presentation and style. Does not change my opinion that most of what he presented was pure bullshit. I think that most of the voters will see it the same way.

i know what you mean Rocks.....but im sure the other guy was throwing shit around too....the highlights i saw it seemed Obama was having a hard time explaining things he has been involved in for 3 years.....yea i want that guy....vote 3rd party get rid of these bottom of the barrel Politicians.........

Geez... we're gonna have to get our hip boots out in this thread... the bullshit is getting deep. :rolleyes:

Mitt Romney is not the heartless monster the left has made him out to be, and he's not the squish that the Ron Paul crowd has made him out to be. The problem you folks are having isn't that Romney has changed... it's that your memes are falling through.
Yeah he's changed... His views change frequently. Which... Hasn't changed. That's the damn problem. I mean at first I really blew off the etch-a-sketch comments... But obviously there is truth to it.

Yes, the more he learns the more he adapts.

And you guys get pissed over someone being to ideological ?

Make up your minds and quit licking your balls.

Well now, let's all watch what happens here in the next week;

President Obama 269 Governor Romney 181

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Now I give Romney a win last night on presentation and style. Does not change my opinion that most of what he presented was pure bullshit. I think that most of the voters will see it the same way.

Focus groups are already showing a shift. And the slanted polls are shifting back.

Keep posting this stuff and you can print it off and use it as wallpaper to cover your room once your beloved affirmative action moron in chief is sent packing and you need to cover the fullsized painting you have of him in your room.

Isn't it amazing what we get to see when we're not forced to see someone through the media's filter? The Romney that we saw tonight is the same guy that has been there all along. The media wasn't able to distort him for a change. :)

He sounded more liberal than Obama tonight.

How so?

In at least 2 places from memory

Regulation is essential. You can't have a free market work if you don't have regulation. As a businessperson, I had to have -- I need to know the regulations. I needed them there. You couldn't have people opening up banks in their -- in their garage and making loans. I mean, you have to have regulations so that you can have an economy work. Every free economy has good regulation. At the same time, regulation can become excessive.

And the answer is neither the president nor I are proposing any changes for any current retirees or near retirees, either to Social Security or Medicare. So if you're 60 or around 60 or older, you don't need to listen any further.

Forum List

Back