The Real Effort Over Gun Control

While Tim McVeigh did not use an assault weapon, he is firmly in the corner, politically speaking, of the pro gun violence nuts who believe that they can play Army and resist the federal government. There is no denying this. The "Water the tree of freedom with blood" T-shirt and grunting Michigan Militia mindset puts Timmy and Terry in the pocket of those who see no threat from assault weapons. He certainly isn't my political ally.

Then there are those who say that the gun is an inanimate object and poses no threat whatsoever. Perhaps that's true. But consider this: there were no "mass shootings" before the advent of the assault weapon. Gun violence was something dreadful, but never the less understandable before the death toll of such violence reached alarming proportions. Thus the argument that mass shootings must be dealt with on a case-by-case basis rings of stupidity. What tool is used in mass shootings? Why the assault weapon, of course. So, does it make sense to ban assault weapons? "No," says the gun nut "That's agenda driven!"

Damn right it's agenda driven! The agenda is to rid society of the plague of mass shootings. And the common thread in all mass shootings? Why it's the assault weapon!

Some think that there is a real chance for the reincarnation of George III and they want to re-enact the American Revolution, or what I call 'play Army'. Some point to the fact that foreign leaders kill hundreds of thousands of their own subjects as a justification for Americans keeping the tools that kill tens of thousands of their fellow Americans. What warped immature mind can make such an argument and make it proudly?

Some say that the American government can become as tyrannical as the governments in China or Iran or North Korea and thus the American people must have assault weapons. Well, our government is not tyrannical, but the bodies of the victims of assault weapons pile up at a staggering rate. Is the perceived fear of American tyranny worth the body count? Is that body count a worse fate than the perceptions of the paranoid and politically insulated?

Some say that an assault weapon is necessary for hunting. Was there no game taken before the ability to fire five shots per second was invented? Is there anything left of the animal slain by such a rapid and sustained rate of fire? Senator Joe Manchin sees the fallacy of this under-thought argument.

Some think that there is a foreign power poised to invade the United States and they want to be prepared just like in the movie Red Dawn. As if the United States has no Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines or National Guard. Does the desire to play Army justify the rivers of tears and blood left after an assault weapon is turned upon innocent Americans?
Here is the deal with people like you, where as because you fear, you want the rest of us to fear as you do also, and because you are an advocate or victim of your own idiotic thinking and/or solutions in life, then the rest of us should just shut up and give in as according to you, and just follow your advice also ? Not going to happen, and so you better think again before you think we are going to capitulate and become a nation scared of it's own shadow in the wake of all of this ? You think because you are scared of your own shadow, then you think that we should be also ? We didn't become scared of our own shadow after 9-11 the many of us didn't, and we sure as hec ain't going to become scared of it now. I know this will make you sad, but your agenda can go jump in a lake, because we aren't buying what you are selling and that's that.

Now this nation as is found in parts of it now, and because of people like you, became to over protecting of everything that moved (which is exactly what Bin Laden wanted as a result of his actions), and thus it worked because people like you live like scared little rats in your world, and in your views of the world as you know it anymore.
I'm not justifying assault weapons because i "fear" the government. I'm not justifying assault weapons because i "fear' criminal actions. I'm not justifying assault weapons because i "fear" attack by wild animals. Yet all those 'justifications' have been made by those who fail to recognize the slaughter assault weapons visit on the innocent American citizens.

What I fear is the inaction by those who do justify the 'need' for assault weapons based on their own irrational fears. I fear the rivers of tears and blood left after an assault weapon is turned on innocent victims and the ill conceived rationalization that such massacres must be taken on a case-by-case basis, ignoring the common thread of sorrow: the assault weapon.

I don't want to disarm American citizens. I justr cannot see the justification. the virtue of a weapon capable of creating such mass slaughter in a very short period of time.
Well I am justifying my weapons, because I am a responsible gun owner, and I love hunting with them, and I love target shooting with them.. Now if the libs would get back out of the way, and let real men run this nation again, we wouldn't be having these sorts of problems today. Libs soft stance on crime has led to all that we see now in this nation, and now they want to fix it by taking away peoples rights and their privileges.

No, we didnt have this many instances when "pop was allowed to take the punk behind the woodshed and paddle his everloving ass" but we created a culture of abusive husbands and fathers. My Dad used to hit us, till I got old enough to hit him back, because I know the difference between what is right and wrong.. If you honestly think that domestic violence is answer to a problem then youre a fucking moron.. It's funny to me that all of these people with their well "Kids are pussies, lets just beat it out of them" mentality are usually from the south or midwest, areas sticken by poverty, domestic abuse and crimes all created by the culture that I can see so blatantly written across all of these boards.
Oh so your mentally messed up from being beaten by an abusive father, and so you think you can speak from that position to tell me what rights I get to have in America now ? My question is how many are actually out there like you, and should we take heed that you all are getting the power to control this nation from a standpoint of bias due to your own personal experience's in life ?

Haha my mentality is just fine. My point was that beating children is not a response to a problem. If youd like to argue that, be my guest. There is no doubt in any reasonable persons mind that beating the wuss out of a kid is a truly idiotic and barbaric practice, only still accepted in poor uneducated places like the south and midwest
Ever heard the quote "spare the rod and spoil the child" ? Check your Bible lately ? Oh, that's right libs have no God, and therefore they feel comfortable in the company of killers who also have no God or refuse to live a Godly life..

32042669.jpg

Oh so your mentally messed up from being beaten by an abusive father, and so you think you can speak from that position to tell me what rights I get to have in America now ? My question is how many are actually out there like you, and should we take heed that you all are getting the power to control this nation from a standpoint of bias due to your own personal experience's in life ?

Haha my mentality is just fine. My point was that beating children is not a response to a problem. If youd like to argue that, be my guest. There is no doubt in any reasonable persons mind that beating the wuss out of a kid is a truly idiotic and barbaric practice, only still accepted in poor uneducated places like the south and midwest
Ever heard the quote "spare the rod and spoil the child" ? Check your Bible lately ? Oh, that's right libs have no God, and therefore they feel comfortable in the company of killers who also have no God or refuse to live a Godly life..

Im no liberal, nor am I a person who takes the teachings from the bible and interprets them literally. Only the truly uneducated do that. I am comfortable in the company of the intelegient and reasonable not the intollerant and idiotic.

While Tim McVeigh did not use an assault weapon, he is firmly in the corner, politically speaking, of the pro gun violence nuts who believe that they can play Army and resist the federal government. There is no denying this. The "Water the tree of freedom with blood" T-shirt and grunting Michigan Militia mindset puts Timmy and Terry in the pocket of those who see no threat from assault weapons. He certainly isn't my political ally.

Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols were two nuts and that you try and lump every single gun owner in with McVeigh and Nichols is a joke. Just shut the fuck up already. How many McVeigh's and Nichol's have there been in the last 100 years?

Then there are those who say that the gun is an inanimate object and poses no threat whatsoever. Perhaps that's true. But consider this: there were no "mass shootings" before the advent of the assault weapon. Gun violence was something dreadful, but never the less understandable before the death toll of such violence reached alarming proportions. Thus the argument that mass shootings must be dealt with on a case-by-case basis rings of stupidity. What tool is used in mass shootings? Why the assault weapon, of course. So, does it make sense to ban assault weapons? "No," says the gun nut "That's agenda driven!"

Really? There were no "mass shootings" before the advent of the assault weapon? You sure you want to stand by this statement? Do you even know what the definition of a "mass shooting" is?

Damn right it's agenda driven! The agenda is to rid society of the plague of mass shootings.

You're not going to achieve that by taking the Second Amendment away. And, you're not going to achieve that by banning "assault weapons".

And the common thread in all mass shootings? Why it's the assault weapon!

Actually, not necessarily. Most of the shootings in the Columbine massacre were inflicted with shotguns. Further, screw your "assault weapon" mantra, it's growing tiresome. Anything that's used with the intent to kill or injure is an "assault" weapon you freakin' complete buffoon. If I bash your head in with a lamp, the lamp is an "assault" weapon. In fact, I don't even need to kill you, as "assault" doesn't mean "to kill". If I smack you in the head with a pair of rolled up socks, if you feel I assaulted you, that pair of rolled up socks was an "assault" weapon...dipshit.

Some think that there is a real chance for the reincarnation of George III and they want to re-enact the American Revolution, or what I call 'play Army'. Some point to the fact that foreign leaders kill hundreds of thousands of their own subjects as a justification for Americans keeping the tools that kill tens of thousands of their fellow Americans. What warped immature mind can make such an argument and make it proudly?

No one claims they "want" to "re-enact the American Revolution" lying ass! Unless, they're doing a re-enactment for entertainment purposes the original "American Revolution", in which real ammunition isn't used and, certainly, "assault weapons", by your standards, aren't used. And, "keeping the tools that kill tens of thousands of their fellow Americans"? You sure you want to stand by that alleged "tens of thousands" figure? Further, you want to enlighten us as to how many, out of the thousands of homicides committed each year, were the victim shooting the perpetrator? Yeah, that's right, statistics don't differentiate between killings in which the victim shoots the perpetrator and vice versa and, both are listed as homicides. So if they say, for instance, there have been 9,000 firearm homicides? There could be 2,000 instances in that figure where the victim shot the perpetrator. And...that's a good thing.

Some say that the American government can become as tyrannical as the governments in China or Iran or North Korea and thus the American people must have assault weapons. Well, our government is not tyrannical, but the bodies of the victims of assault weapons pile up at a staggering rate.

First, it's getting there. Second, you're clearly incapable of looking past the nose that's on your stupid face. Third, bodies of victims will pile up at a staggering rate regardless of your feeble attempts to ban guns. It's not gonna' happen. You're not going to ban "assault weapons" anymore so than they "banned" alcohol, "banned" marijuana, "banned" cocaine or, "banned" anything else. Christ you're so naive or just so epicly stupid it's beyond comprehension.

Is the perceived fear of American tyranny worth the body count? Is that body count a worse fate than the perceptions of the paranoid and politically insulated?

Perceived fear? You mean, like tyranny has never happened before?

Some say that an assault weapon is necessary for hunting. Was there no game taken before the ability to fire five shots per second was invented? Is there anything left of the animal slain by such a rapid and sustained rate of fire? Senator Joe Manchin sees the fallacy of this under-thought argument.

Again, why don't you stop with the fallacy? You've already demonstrated and made it obvious that "assault weapons" are only the tip of the iceberg and your goal is the elimination of all firearms so, stop with the BS. You're clearly using the "assault weapons" issue for the time being because it conforms with your agenda and you know this incident just took place and folks' emotions are vulnerable and you're using the death of these children as tools to push your anti-gun agenda. Quite sick...really. You keep going all over the map here and keep evolving your story as you go along and change the subject and none of it has a single thing to do with protecting children or anyone else. It has to do with pushing your anti-gun agenda. You know damn well disarming law abiding gun owners isn't going to stop this kind of thing from happening. You know damn well why the Founding Fathers gave us the Second Amendment. You know damn well you're plain and simply NOT going to "ban" guns and make them miraculously disappear off the face of the earth. You know damn well that if someone is intent on killing people, they will find ways to do so, whether he/she has access to an "assault weapon" or not. So, you're just yapping your trap in an attempt to persuade anyone you possibly can, who might be emotionally vulnerable at the moment, to join your anti-gun crusade.

Some think that there is a foreign power poised to invade the United States and they want to be prepared just like in the movie Red Dawn.

There you go again with the movie references. You need to stop watching so many movies. Or, at least, start understanding they're fiction and not real.

As if the United States has no Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines or National Guard.

Since you like forming your perceptions around movies so much? Why don't you enlighten us as to how that all turned out in the movie? Which version did you see? The new one? Or, the old one? I haven't seen the new one yet.

Does the desire to play Army justify the rivers of tears and blood left after an assault weapon is turned upon innocent Americans?

Enough with the heart-string card...wretched heathen. And, stop using the tears and blood left after an assault weapon is turned upon innocent Americans to push your anti-gun agenda because, frankly, you're quite despicable.

Last edited:

Damn right it's agenda driven! The agenda is to rid society of the plague of mass shootings. And the common thread in all mass shootings? Why it's the assault weapon!

Some say that the American government can become as tyrannical as the governments in China or Iran or North Korea and thus the American people must have assault weapons. Well, our government is not tyrannical, but the bodies of the victims of assault weapons pile up at a staggering rate. Is the perceived fear of American tyranny worth the body count? Is that body count a worse fate than the perceptions of the paranoid and politically insulated?

Some think that there is a foreign power poised to invade the United States and they want to be prepared just like in the movie Red Dawn. As if the United States has no Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines or National Guard. Does the desire to play Army justify the rivers of tears and blood left after an assault weapon is turned upon innocent Americans?

Run along now. You've once again shown us your opinion is based upon information drawn from up your own ass and not from any research of the actual facts. This is usually the case with the anti-gunnut liberals. As for our govt not being tyrannical right now. Says who? This govt has been tyrannical since 1861 when they used force of arms to compel the Southern states to accept their authority and rule, contrary to the Constitution I might add. Furthermore, there is no difference between those leaders that imposed tyrannical rule over their citizens and our leaders. They are all human, subject to the same frailties, influences, desire for power, evil and corruption that fueled Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc, etc, etc, etc.....ad nauseum. It may be the ONLY thing holding our leaders in check, and not allowing them to impose any more tyranny on us IS the fact that over 80,000,000 of us are well armed.

He came along with a shotgun on his shoulder while a group of children were playing in front of the school. Without warning or provocation, he raised the gun to his shoulder, took deliberate aim, and fired into the crowd of boys.

Although it sounds sadly modern, the account was published in the New York Times more than a century ago.

Dated April 10, 1891, the article described an elderly man firing a shotgun at children playing in front of St. Mary's Parochial School in Newburgh, N.Y.

"None of the children were killed, but several were well filled with lead," the report said.

NEWS: Can Gun Laws Save Lives?

More than a century earlier, on July 26, 1764, a teacher and 10 students were shot dead by four Lenape American Indians in Greencastle, Penn., in what is considered the earliest known U.S. mass school shooting.

Indeed, killing or trying to kill a mass of people is not a modern phenomenon. For as long as there has been history, there have been gruesome mass murders.

"The terms amok, a Malayan word, and berserk, a Norse word, have been used to describe individuals going on killing sprees. Both terms have been around for centuries, which reflects the fact that mass murder is neither a modern nor a uniquely American phenomenon," Grant Duwe, director of research at the Minnesota Department of Corrections, told Discovery News.

PHOTOS: Where Gun Laws Are Most Lenient

Defined as bloody events that occur within a 24-hour period and that involve a minimum of four victims, mass murders have occurred all over the world, in different times, societies and cultures.

Some of the earliest recorded cases include the 1893 killing with guns and swords of 11 people (including an infant) in Osaka, Japan, the 1914 shooting of 7 people in the Italian village of Camerata Cornello, not to mention the case of German spree killer Ernst August Wagner.

NEWS: Gun-Control Petition Demands Congress to Act

In 1913, he stabbed to death his wife and four children in Degerloch, near Stuttgart, then drove to Mühlhausen an der Enz where he opened fire on 20 people, killing at least nine, leaving two animals dead and several buildings burned to the ground.

In 1927, South African farmer Stephanus Swart shot dead at least eight people and injured three others in Charlestown, South Africa, before committing suicide.

In 1938 almost half of the population of the rural village of Kaio, near Tsuyama city in Japan, was murdered as 21-year-old Mutsuo Toi killed 30 people with a shotgun, sword and axe, injured three others and then shot himself to death.

Between 1954 and 1957, William Unek murdered a total of 57 people in two separate spree killings in the Belgian Congo.

He first killed 21 people with an axe, then shot dead ten men, eight women and eight children, slaughtered six more men with the axe, burned two women and a child, and strangled a 15-year-old girl.

NEWS: Advocates Looking to Fill Gun Control Loopholes

More recently in the bloody timeline of shooting sprees, some of the most dramatic incidents include the 1987 Hungerford massacre in England, where gun enthusiast Michael Ryan shot 16 people dead and wounded another 15 before committing suicide, the 1996 Port Arthur massacre in Australia, where 28- year-old Martin Bryant killed 35 people and wounded 21 before being caught by police, and the 1996 school shooting in the Scottish town of Dunblane.

There, failed shopkeeper Thomas Hamilton opened fire at a primary school, killing 16 children and a teacher before turning his gun on his mouth.

"I could have been one of those children," tennis player Andy Murray wrote in his autobiography, "Hitting Back."

Britain's highest ranked player, Murray was eight when Hamilton burst into the school and began shooting. He and his 10-year-old brother Jamie escaped the fire by hiding under a desk.

In the United States, two mass murder waves characterized the 20th century. One appeared in the 1920s and 30s and another in the mid-1960s, following a tranquil period in the 1940s and 50s.

The two waves, however, were qualitatively different, according to Duwe.

The author of "Mass Murder in the United States: A History," Duwe researched 909 cases of mass killing that occurred in the United States between 1900 and 1999.

"The first mass murder wave in the 1920s and 30s was comprised mainly of familicides and felony-related massacres, which, then as now, are less likely to garner extensive media coverage," Duwe said.

The second mass murder wave from the mid-1960s through the mid-1990s consisted of a greater number of mass public shootings, similar to the recent Aurora movie theater shooting and Newtown school shooting.

These incidents "have always captured a great deal of interest and concern," Duwe said.

Marked by the 1966 Texas Tower shootings where student Charles Whitman climbed a 27-story tower on the University of Texas campus shooting dead 14 people and wounding 31 others, the mid-1960s do not actually represent the beginning of an unprecedented mass murder wave in the United States.

"Since 1900, the highest mass murder rate was in 1929. Mass public shootings are one of several types of mass murder and generally account for roughly 10-15 percent of all mass killings in the U.S.," Duwe said.

According to the criminologists, the 1990s had the highest number of mass public shootings with a little more than 40 -- an average of a little more than 4 each year.

The number of mass public shootings dropped below 30 in the years between 2000 and 2009.

"This year, however, the U.S. has had at least seven mass public shootings, which is the highest number since 1999," Duwe said.

http://http://news.discovery.com/history/mass-shootings-history-121220.html

Here is the deal with people like you, where as because you fear, you want the rest of us to fear as you do also, and because you are an advocate or victim of your own idiotic thinking and/or solutions in life, then the rest of us should just shut up and give in as according to you, and just follow your advice also ? Not going to happen, and so you better think again before you think we are going to capitulate and become a nation scared of it's own shadow in the wake of all of this ? You think because you are scared of your own shadow, then you think that we should be also ? We didn't become scared of our own shadow after 9-11 the many of us didn't, and we sure as hec ain't going to become scared of it now. I know this will make you sad, but your agenda can go jump in a lake, because we aren't buying what you are selling and that's that.

Now this nation as is found in parts of it now, and because of people like you, became to over protecting of everything that moved (which is exactly what Bin Laden wanted as a result of his actions), and thus it worked because people like you live like scared little rats in your world, and in your views of the world as you know it anymore.
I'm not justifying assault weapons because i "fear" the government. I'm not justifying assault weapons because i "fear' criminal actions. I'm not justifying assault weapons because i "fear" attack by wild animals. Yet all those 'justifications' have been made by those who fail to recognize the slaughter assault weapons visit on the innocent American citizens.

And what do law abiding gun owning citizens who didn't have squat to do with the slaughter these assault weapons visited on the innocent American citizens got to do with the slaughter those assault weapons visited on the innocent American citizens? They've broken no laws. And, that you think you get to take out on multitudes of law abiding gun owning American citizens what ONE, TWO, THREE OR TEN people did? Or, even fifty? Fuck you! Who the fuck do you think you are...anyway? Your idiotic logic is so beyond comprehension it's indescribable.

Here, here's an idea. You and yours yammer on and on and on and on incessantly about "assault weapons" and, yet, I have yet to see any comprehensive statistics singling out those yearly statistics of firearm deaths which result from weapons which you characterize as "assault weapons". Why don't you enlighten us as to how many total firearms deaths there have been in 2012 and, then, tell us how many of those deaths resulted from weapons you characterize as "assault weapons"? If it's comparable to other years? Let's use 2002 as an example. In 2002, there were 9,369 murders involving firearms. If we compare that to the number of well publicized deaths occurring from "mass shootings", we've got, according to Mother Jones, 151 victims of "mass shootings" of which we presume "assault weapons" were used. So, how many more out of that 9,369 murders involving firearms were murders committed using "assault weapons"? Because, 151 out of 9,369 isn't enough to justify taking Americans' Constitutional rights away from them. Further, if you're for banning any weapon that can achieve a "mass shooting" then, you've admitted right there that your goal isn't merely the banning of "assault weapons" but, most any gun. Again, look up the definition of "mass shooting". The FBI's classifications describe any incident in which a perpetrator kills four or more people, not including him or herself as a "mass shooting". Do you know how hard it would be to kill four or more people, even without a weapon you characterize as an "assault weapon"? How many bullets does a double-barrel shotgun take? How hard is it to reload a double-barrel shotgun? That's a "mass shooting" right there. Two bullets, reload, two more bullets. And then you keep talking about the high capacity magazines. It doesn't take a high capacity magazine to engage in a "mass shooting". A magazine holding five bullets can achieve a "mass shooting". So, stop pretending "assault weapons" are your goal for banning as it's absolutely clear you're a pure and simple liar.

What I fear is the inaction by those who do justify the 'need' for assault weapons based on their own irrational fears. I fear the rivers of tears and blood left after an assault weapon is turned on innocent victims and the ill conceived rationalization that such massacres must be taken on a case-by-case basis, ignoring the common thread of sorrow: the assault weapon.

I don't want to disarm American citizens.

Liar! And, the common thread of sorrow is miscreants, not so-called "assault weapons". Again, assault weapons are inanimate objects and do nothing in and of themselves. They don't shoot by themselves. They don't get up by themselves and walk into a school and start shooting. They don't have legs and arms. They don't have minds to control legs and arms. I've had a gun sitting in my drawer for the last ten years now and I haven't yet seen it get up and walk. Let alone shoot anything by itself. It hasn't even had an urge to eat anything...yet. It just sits there.

I justr cannot see the justification. the virtue of a weapon capable of creating such mass slaughter in a very short period of time.

Well then you might as well ban matches, lighters, gasoline, airplanes, buses, trains, automobiles carrying four or more passengers, fertilizer, bottles, rags, and untold numbers of other items...idiot!

We need effective laws, no laws watered down by the NRA. the last time we tried to address assault weapons, the gun lobby focused on cosmetics; detachable stocks, grips, bayonet mounts, flash suppressors. Not the guns and the rate of sustained fire they produce. Ten or eleven such meaningless laws will continue to demonstrate the futility of legislating with a powerful interest group who fails to recognize that the reason we have "mass shootings" is the guns that are capable of making "mass" part of the equation.

Actually the last time "assault rifles" were banned we had Columbine. Remind me how those bans on pot, crack, meth, and child porn are doing?
Cosmetics were banned, not the assault weapons themselves. Did it make a bit of difference that detachable stocks or flash suppressors were banned and not high capacity magazines and semi automatic firing systems?

We get what we get when gun makers and their lackeys in the NRA write legislation.

That's how an "assault weapon" is defined you flippant freakin' retard.

No, we didnt have this many instances when "pop was allowed to take the punk behind the woodshed and paddle his everloving ass" but we created a culture of abusive husbands and fathers. My Dad used to hit us, till I got old enough to hit him back, because I know the difference between what is right and wrong.. If you honestly think that domestic violence is answer to a problem then youre a fucking moron.. It's funny to me that all of these people with their well "Kids are pussies, lets just beat it out of them" mentality are usually from the south or midwest, areas sticken by poverty, domestic abuse and crimes all created by the culture that I can see so blatantly written across all of these boards.

Define "beating". Never said "beating", as I would define "beating", is a response to a problem. I said paddle his everloving ass. If you define that as a "beating" then, you're a pussified bawl baby who would resort to, at best, a "time out" as punishment for a child and, you're part of the problem. And, who said anything about "beating the wuss out of a kid"? You're making shit up.

Define "beating". Never said "beating", as I would define "beating", is a response to a problem. I said paddle his everloving ass. If you define that as a "beating" then, you're a pussified bawl baby who would resort to, at best, a "time out" as punishment for a child and, you're part of the problem. And, who said anything about "beating the wuss out of a kid"? You're making shit up.

Im saying that the abuse of children, leads to children becoming parents who abuse their children, which leads to ultra violent children. Its simple sociology that all acadmeics agree on.

Oh, well, if academia says paddling a kid is child abuse, we must all accept it. Cuz they're so reasonable and smart and all.

Articles: Professor Calls for Death Penalty for Climate Change 'Deniers'

uh thats exactly what it means.. Do you think that history is shaped by people whose only forum is on a message board? Its shaped by politicians, theorists and men/women of high stature, not by a carpenter that has an opinion on gay marriage that is going to be taught to my children and their children as intolerant and a benchmark for how history works. Dont use one extreme example of stupidity from a lib professor. I can easily counter that by the myriad of stupid things said by the uneducated.

Last edited:
Oh I can find a lot of examples of the idiocy of academia. First and foremost how they fell over themselves during the sexual revolution to legitimize *studies* done by a psychopath, that *normalized* childhood sexual activity. Academia is not the go-to authority when it comes to child welfare.

Oh I can find a lot of examples of the idiocy of academia. First and foremost how they fell over themselves during the sexual revolution to legitimize *studies* done by a psychopath, that *normalized* childhood sexual activity. Academia is not the go-to authority when it comes to child welfare.

I just trust those who have done their research in a particular field more than I do some shmo who thinks that they know it all because they have kids.. Having children doesnt make someone an authority on child welfare.. having a Phd in sociology, specializing in the field of child welfare does. To me anyway, but hey, to each his own I guess.

Actually the last time "assault rifles" were banned we had Columbine. Remind me how those bans on pot, crack, meth, and child porn are doing?
Cosmetics were banned, not the assault weapons themselves. Did it make a bit of difference that detachable stocks or flash suppressors were banned and not high capacity magazines and semi automatic firing systems?

We get what we get when gun makers and their lackeys in the NRA write legislation.

That's how an "assault weapon" is defined you flippant freakin' retard.
Earlier, you described a rolled up sock as an assault weapon.

The argument coming from the pro gun violence crowd is this: 1)There is no such weapon as an assault weapon, so move on. 2)Guns are fun and I want to keep shooting them. 3)Mass shootings are a part of life. They are not supposed to be seen as tragedies, but merely the actions of the insane. Assault weapons make for glee among us and any attempt to link the advent of the assault weapon to mass shootings is a maniac's task. 4)I hate the Black boy in the White House because my Daddy hated them Black boys and he taught me to hate them too. So, no matter what that Black boy says or does, I say he's a tyrant and I want to keep my AR-15 handy to shot at him and his supports, those mealy mouthed Liberals that Rush has warned us about. 5) Guns are fun!

Last edited:

Im saying that the abuse of children, leads to children becoming parents who abuse their children, which leads to ultra violent children. Its simple sociology that all acadmeics agree on.

Again, define "abuse". And, not necessarily do children who are abused become parents who abuse their children. In fact, is this something you're admitting for yourself? You claimed earlier that your father abused you. So, presuming you have children and you can correct me if you don't have children, do you abuse your children?

Forum List

Back