The Real American soldier

Originally posted by dilloduck
no problem Evil I can submit dont really care if he is a mulsim or
a Martian just shoots his mouth off but all blanks Mostly tired of "he-mans" bigotry and hypocrisy. Interferes with intelligent exchange

:cof:

Bigotry and hypocracy.

Hmmm....

I would LOVE to see you lecture me on that one.

Which of my multiple topics and numerous posts would you be referring to newbie?

not saying bigotry or hypocracy are always bad and no, you wont see me listening to any one whose final answer is always "because God says so" Fundamentalism is any religion is bullshit. It shows lack of indivudual thought and exploration

Guess this needs to be taken to the muslim thread or something

Originally posted by dilloduck
not saying bigotry or hypocracy are always bad and no, you wont see me listening to any one whose final answer is always "because God says so" Fundamentalism is any religion is bullshit. It shows lack of indivudual thought and exploration

Guess this needs to be taken to the muslim thread or something

SO....now you cannot make up your mind on bigotry and hypocracy?

You have shown your stupidity with the "God says so" bit, and "Fundamentalism is any religion" bit.

If you think I lack individual thought or exploration, you are showing the DEPTH of your ignorance.

This DOES belong in a different thread.

If you want to put it in muslim, go right ahead. -It will be just another place you prove yourself by putting it into an inappropriate place and talk about ME with pure BS coming out of your mouth.

I suggest a new thread under "Chat".

Ok, everyone, sit back, relax and take a deep breath!

I believe Russlan1187 happened to enter the fray here at an inopportune time. Let's cut him some slack.

Let me give you my position. Do I agree with his views? No. Do I agree that these acts represent the 'Real American Soldier'? Absolutely not.

I do believe he should have the right to state those views though, as long as he continues to do so in a decent manner. I believe he's being attacked out of anger for what happened to Mr. Berg AND the other thread that lasted several days.

He appears to be a liberal. Big deal, that's fine here and doesn't make him a bad person. He's Canadian. I think that's cool too. Look at Isaac Brock and ask yourself if you really have a problem with Canadians. He's Muslim, but that doesn't make him inherantly a bad person.

Again, let's cut him some slack and let him get a feel for the board while he gets a feel for us. I like to promote free speech here and that seems to be dwindling as of late. Let's get back on track and stick to more facts and less attacks. Debate him if you like. Dismiss him if you like. But let him speak his views without being bombarded by 19 members looking for his departure.

Originally posted by jimnyc

I believe Russlan1187 happened to enter the fray here at an inopportune time. Let's cut him some slack.

Let me give you my position. Do I agree with his views? No. Do I agree that these acts represent the 'Real American Soldier'? Absolutely not.

I do believe he should have the right to state those views though, as long as he continues to do so in a decent manner. I believe he's being attacked out of anger for what happened to Mr. Berg AND the other thread that lasted several days.

He appears to be a liberal. Big deal, that's fine here and doesn't make him a bad person. He's Canadian. I think that's cool too. Look at Isaac Brock and ask yourself if you really have a problem with Canadians. He's Muslim, but that doesn't make him inherantly a bad person.

Again, let's cut him some slack and let him get a feel for the board while he gets a feel for us. I like to promote free speech here and that seems to be dwindling as of late. Let's get back on track and stick to more facts and less attacks. Debate him if you like. Dismiss him if you like. But let him speak his views without being bombarded by 19 members looking for his departure.

Jimmy I got ya! I admit my tolerance level is at an all time low the last few days.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
only the morons who can't think for themselves will come to that conclusion. Those of us who have even a modicum of intelligence already know that these cowards did not need any excuse for their brutality. That they would have killed this kid anyway.

And do you think the media is trying to appeal to us, the intelligent ones? No they are trying to sway the minds of those ignorant SOBs that just trust what they see is what they get.

Originally posted by insein
And do you think the media is trying to appeal to us, the intelligent ones? No they are trying to sway the minds of those ignorant SOBs that just trust what they see is what they get.

In time, who are the ignorant going to have to pay attention to? the media who tries to whip up the feeding frenzy or those of us who still have a level head and can logically react to things?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
In time, who are the ignorant going to have to pay attention to? the media who tries to whip up the feeding frenzy or those of us who still have a level head and can logically react to things?

Well, when one is ignorant there is no getting them to listen to logic.

Originally posted by jimnyc

Being new to the board I'm going to bite my tongue on this one. Just want to state that I vigorously disagree with your shielding this dumb bastard. He comes in and suggests that the humiliation and abuse of prisoners is pro-forma conduct for Americans and in the next breath makes a statement that essentially says "tough shit" to the murder of Berg. As far as I'm concerned, Nanook of the North deserves to get stomped into pudding.

Differing viewpoints deserve respect only until they reach the point where they become outrageously stupid.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Ummm Merlin, that would be the big boss you just bit your tounge on!:D

LOL - I calls 'em like I sees 'em. That could be the reason I'm not president of the company I work for.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Being new to the board I'm going to bite my tongue on this one. Just want to state that I vigorously disagree with your shielding this dumb bastard. He comes in and suggests that the humiliation and abuse of prisoners is pro-forma conduct for Americans and in the next breath makes a statement that essentially says "tough shit" to the murder of Berg. As far as I'm concerned, Nanook of the North deserves to get stomped into pudding.

Differing viewpoints deserve respect only until they reach the point where they become outrageously stupid.

Believe me, Merlin, I wasn't condoning or giving them my seal of approval. I'm not going to shield anyone here from getting the due they deserve. I'm just saying we should debate in the fashion that the original poster started. He didn't get out of line with namecalling. I think he's entitled to post his views, no matter how skewed we think they are. If he is civil, we should be civil in our debates. If he gets riled up, then get riled up in return. If he implies negativity about America, explain to him how America is clearly the #1 nation in the world.

And trust me, if someone becomes a detriment to the board they will be shown my special NY hospitality. :)

Hey, ya know what our Cold War name for Canada was?

The Buffer Zone!

Maybe if the Soviets HAD launched a few, Celine's heart wouldn't have gone on and Avril wouldn't be so complicated.

But seriously, folks......

You guys REALLY need to lay off of this poor guy. We probably have NO idea how depressed he is, what with Disney refusing to release his new movie.

Ok, let's follow his reasoning through to its illogical conclusion:

America invaded Iraq.

Berg, then, went to Iraq on his own accord.

He deserved to be beheaded.

Now.......

America was attacked by muslim terrorists on 9/11.

There are muslim individuals here, who arrived in America AFTER 9/11.

We are justified to round them ALL up & behead them.

Damn, dude, that's pretty harsh. WOW! A muslim in favor of killing fellow muslims. Oh, wait! That's what you guys are good at.

Still, I cannot BELIEVE that you are publicly advocating the mass slaughter of innocent, recently-arrived muslims in America.

That's IT! I'm reporting you to the Red Cross & the Toronto Star.

Originally posted by Russlan1187
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...291&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724

An article from the Toronto Star that shows that the abuse from Abu Gharaib prison was widespread and that coalition military intelligence officers themselves estimate that somewhere between 70 and 90 per cent of those whom they detain have been picked up by mistake and are guilty of nothing at all, except the crime of living in an occupied country and stumbling into a foreign-administered hell.

Welcome to the boards. As you probably noticed, a lot of folk here get pretty twitchy if someone posts things they don't agree with. Hang in there.

After the vicious way you were flamed, I find it pathetic that some of those posts were by the same people lamenting in another thread how divided we have become.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
After the vicious way you were flamed, I find it pathetic that some of those posts were by the same people lamenting in another thread how divided we have become.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Oh PLEASE!!!!!!

A Canadian moslem comes in, bad-mouths our troops, essentially says Berg got what he deserved and you whine about how we have a double standard about being divided? Sounded to me like everyone was pretty much speaking with one voice.

And as far as him being flamed viciously - he damn well deserved more that he got.

Forum List

Back