The Real American soldier

Originally posted by Russlan1187
New Guy, if you think that Muslims believe that infidels should always be killed I want you to answer this question for me. If this belief was true how come Jews and Christians lived peacefully in Muslim lands for centuries. Muslims could have easily killed them all as the Muslim empire was the strongest in the world and Europe was in the Dark Ages and unable to protect them?

Muslims believe that all people have the right to live no matter what they believe as long as they don't attempt to harm Islam. If they do they shoud be killed.

Actually, the Muslim Empire did try to make inroads into Europe, but succeeded only in holding Spain and the Balkan Peninsula for any period of time. They were turned back in Southern France around 900 AD and forced back across the Pyrennes. So to answer your question, the Muslim Empire didn't kill all the Christians in Europe because they weren't able.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Actually, the Muslim Empire did try to make inroads into Europe, but succeeded only in holding Spain and the Balkan Peninsula for any period of time. They were turned back in Southern France around 900 AD and forced back across the Pyrennes. So to answer your question, the Muslim Empire didn't kill all the Christians in Europe because they weren't able.

Jews and Christians did live, for the most part, peacably in Muslim lands in Africa and the Middle East for hundreds of years.

You didn't asnwer my question. I didn't ask why Islam didn't conquer Europe. I asked how come Muslims didn't slaughter the Jews and Christians that lived in the Middle East for centuries? For example, Lebanon has a large christian population that has lived there for nearly a thousand years. How come they weren't killed?

Originally posted by gop_jeff

The Koran states that Muslims, Jews, and Christians can all enter heaven right. The problem most Americans have is they have very little knowledge of Islam except what they are told by people with biased and uninformed opinions. Here is the aforementioned verse

Those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts;any of them who believe in God and the last day, and lead a righteous life, have nothing to fear nor will they grieve. (2:62)

1. Allah has no son, and rejects the Trinity (4:171).

2. Allah is unknowable, and was the pagan idol/god of Muhammad's tribe before he was born.

3. Allah tells Muslims, "Take not the Jews and Christians for friends...slay the idolaters [infidels] wherever ye find them. ...Fight against those who...believe not in Allah nor the Last Day" (5:51;9:5,29,41).

4. The God of the Bible wants us to know Him (Jer 9:24), a knowledge essential to salvation (Jn 17:3).

5. Jews are God's "chosen people" (Ex 6:7; Lv 20:26; 1 Chr 16:13; Ps 105:6, etc.) and Christians are His dearly loved children (Rom 8:16,21; Gal 3:26; Eph 1:5;5:1, etc.).

The "last day" as taught by the koran is not what the Bible teaches. It is NOT Christianity, there for the Christians cannot belong to your faith, and as such are infidels.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
what basis or supporting evidence do you have for that?

We already covered this in other threads, DK. The muslim section has a few verses and my "prove it 2" thread did as well. I have pointed you to it before. You even responded in it.

Are you trying to defend the religion?

Originally posted by NewGuy
We already covered this in other threads, DK. The muslim section has a few verses and my "prove it 2" thread did as well. I have pointed you to it before. You even responded in it.

Are you trying to defend the religion?

as I have no declared religion, its hard for me to defend one or the other. Don't try to put me on the defensive for my curiosity.

I'll tell you that my childhood and adolescent years were not filled with sunday's in church and though I was able to learn a little bit about judeo christian religion, I had, and have, a difficult time accepting that jesus is god, but is a prophet of god.

New Guy, if you think that Muslims believe that infidels should always be killed I want you to answer this question for me. If this belief was true how come Jews and Christians lived peacefully in Muslim lands for centuries.

They have not followed the text. -And there has always been islamic killing in order to drive conversion much the same as the crusades.

Muslims could have easily killed them all as the Muslim empire was the strongest in the world and Europe was in the Dark Ages and unable to protect them?

I would like to see proof of that.

Muslims believe that all people have the right to live no matter what they believe as long as they don't attempt to harm Islam. If they do they shoud be killed.

Your text obviously defies that.

New Guy, you still haven't answered my question. If Muslims believe that all Jews and Christians are infidels that should be killed how come they lived in the Middle East for centuries?

An infidel is someone who attempts to harm Islam.

Before Islam Arabs were Idol worshippers. Muslim believe in a Supreme Being that is all powerful, called God in English and Allah in Arabic.

The Koran does say that Muslims shouldn't take Jews and Christians as friends but they should be friendly and respectful to them. The reason they say this is because throughout history Jews and Christians have often planned to harm Muslims. The koran was revealed before the Crusades and today's current events.

I have to go to work so I'll respond to this post later.

Wow, take out christ as god(in the trinity) and input allah, what do you have?

A jacked up incorrect text that cannot Biblically prove its self, nor historically back it up.

New Guy, if you don't know that the Muslim Empire was the strongest in the world for nearly a thousand years there is no use arguing with you. Either you have little knowledge of history or you want to deny obvious and well known facts. Either way there is no reason to discuss with.

as I have no declared religion, its hard for me to defend one or the other. Don't try to put me on the defensive for my curiosity.

I'll tell you that my childhood and adolescent years were not filled with sunday's in church and though I was able to learn a little bit about judeo christian religion, I had, and have, a difficult time accepting that jesus is god, but is a prophet of god.

Mark 8
29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.
30 And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.
31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

Originally posted by NewGuy
A jacked up incorrect text that cannot Biblically prove its self, nor historically back it up.

and that would be YOUR interpretation. as i said, interpretation is a strange animal.

would you be happier if I just bowed and said 'yes father, your's is the one true god, all others are false before him'?

New Guy, you still haven't answered my question. If Muslims believe that all Jews and Christians are infidels that should be killed how come they lived in the Middle East for centuries?

I DID answer your question:

1. They didn't follow their text, and there have always been wars. Your "peace" thing is a bit old.

Palestinians and Israel.

An infidel is someone who attempts to harm Islam.

-Or doesn't agree.

Before Islam Arabs were Idol worshippers. Muslim believe in a Supreme Being that is all powerful, called God in English and Allah in Arabic.

The Koran does say that Muslims shouldn't take Jews and Christians as friends but they should be friendly and respectful to them. The reason they say this is because throughout history Jews and Christians have often planned to harm Muslims. The koran was revealed before the Crusades and today's current events.

I have to go to work so I'll respond to this post later.

You aren't reading your own koran which we are quoting here.

and that would be YOUR interpretation. as i said, interpretation is a strange animal.

would you be happier if I just bowed and said 'yes father, your's is the one true god, all others are false before him'?

That is not interpretation.

Do you want the original greek wording?

(KJV) Mark 8:29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

(Greek NT - Textus Rec.) Mark 8:29 kai autoV legei autoiV umeiV de tina me legete einai apokriqeiV de o petroV legei autw su ei o cristoV

(Greek/English Interlinear (tr) NT) Mark 8:29 kai <2532> {AND} autoV <846> {HE} legei <3004> (5719) {SAYS} autoiV <846> {TO THEM,} umeiV <5210> de <1161> {BUT YE,} tina <5101> {WHOM} me <3165> {ME} legete <3004> (5719) {DO YE PRONOUNCE} einai <1511> (5750) {TO BE?} apokriqeiV <611> (5679) {ANSWERING} de <1161> o <3588> {AND} petroV <4074> {PETER} legei <3004> (5719) {SAYS} autw <846> {TO HIM,} su <4771> ei <1488> (5748) {THOU ART} o <3588> {THE} cristoV <5547> {CHRIST.}

For the complete analysis of the linguistics: http://www.olivetree.com/bible/index.html

Originally posted by dilloduck
I see russ is having a problem with your funamentalism too-----are you avoiding the chat room that I made for us?

1. I don't really care who has a problem with my beliefs.
2. I have a life outside of a message board.
3. I have already responded there and all over this board on my beliefs and don't need a couple of 2 bit hacks trying to pick them apart instead of reading what I post.

Forum List

Back