The reaction of Conservatives will tell the tale of the election.

Waiting to see if Cruz endorses Trump. Now THAT would be sincere. :laugh:.
It would be if he was the VP pick. Which is possible.
Yeah, I guess it is.

How they would walk that back - especially with the Democrats rolling tape of the campaign - would be pretty fascinating to watch.
That's politics. The GOP will be running Hillary/Bernie tapes too.
Yeah, the sell will be "no matter what we've said about each other, it's a helluva lot better than the alternative", from both sides.

Which really isn't that far off. Our REAL Best & Brightest know to stay the hell out of politics.

He's also for a 45% tariff on Mexican and Chinese goods, which would probably cause the stock market to collapse.
Are you sure it doesn't involve negotiating a fair trade deal?

If the market believes a 45% tariff is a credible threat, it will probably sell off violently.

The reason why I think this is because we have started asking money managers what they would do and what would happen to the market if there is a tariff. And they all say the same thing - it would be bad.

The market doesn't believe it will happen, however.

He's also for a 45% tariff on Mexican and Chinese goods, which would probably cause the stock market to collapse.

If the market believes a 45% tariff is a credible threat, it will probably sell off violently.

The reason why I think this is because we have started asking money managers what they would do and what would happen to the market if there is a tariff. And they all say the same thing - it would be bad.

I don't even want to think about it. Not good, and not at a good time.

And if he gets more favorable trade that will be bad for the market?

Cruz unloads with epic takedown of 'pathological liar,' 'narcissist' Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com
CNN‎-12 hours ago

Ted Cruz on Tuesday unloaded on Donald Trump, accusing him during a news ... amoral," "a narcissist at a level I don't think this country's ever seen" and "a serial philanderer."
And how'd that work out for former presidential candidate Teddy?
Cruz should have paid better attention to what happened to Marco Rubio when he did the same thing.

Trade deals don't really move markets.

Why a big tariff is scary is because it could trigger a trade war and signals a retreat from globalization, a trend in place since 1945. It also evokes the Great Depression, the last era of significantly rising tariffs.

Personally, I can't believe Trump would be that stupid, but I also take him at his word. It is a high profile promise he's made to his supporters, and I believe he would try to follow through.

Why a big tariff is scary is because it could trigger a trade war and signals a retreat from globalization, a trend in place since 1945. It also evokes the Great Depression, the last era of significantly rising tariffs.

Personally, I can't believe Trump would be that stupid, but I also take him at his word. It is a high profile promise he's made to his supporters, and I believe he would try to follow through.
So you'd rather the US continue to take it in the shorts and hemorrhage jobs overseas? I don't see how that's good for the markets. I don't know the details of what he would do, I assume he would bring a team together to hash it out. That's where his experience lies. Politicians aren't fixing jack shit, that much is obvious.

So you'd rather the US continue to take it in the shorts and hemorrhage jobs overseas? I don't see how that's good for the markets. I don't know the details of what he would do, I assume he would bring a team together to hash it out. That's where his experience lies. Politicians aren't fixing jack shit, that much is obvious.

That's just it, you don't know WTF Dump will do. If he had some brilliant plan he would say so.

He doesn't. The last time we elected a man based on his business acumen it was Hoover in 1928.

How'd that work out?

It's bad for markets because it lowers profitability and increases uncertainty and risk.

Trade wars are bad for the economy, not good.

If we really want to be rid of Obama, Hillary and this Liberal PC idiocracy then anti-Trump Conservatives need to get it together. You can have your mad time, ok fine but you have got to get it together. I believe in the next few weeks what is at stake will become clear and we'll get Trump in the White House, get the Liberals the fuck out, and then put the new AG to work prosecuting the Hildebeast.

No. Trump needs to tell us conservatives what he is going to do for us if elected. None of this 'we need to block clinton' shit either, what is HE going to do for conservatives if he gets elected? He needs to convince us that he is worthy of our vote because to most of us, he's just another liberal in R clothing. I owe Trump nothing. If he wants our vote he damn well better listen to us and hear us and give us reason to vote for him.

If we really want to be rid of Obama, Hillary and this Liberal PC idiocracy then anti-Trump Conservatives need to get it together. You can have your mad time, ok fine but you have got to get it together. I believe in the next few weeks what is at stake will become clear and we'll get Trump in the White House, get the Liberals the fuck out, and then put the new AG to work prosecuting the Hildebeast.

No. Trump needs to tell us conservatives what he is going to do for us if elected. None of this 'we need to block clinton' shit either, what is HE going to do for conservatives if he gets elected? He needs to convince us that he is worthy of our vote because to most of us, he's just another liberal in R clothing. I owe Trump nothing. If he wants our vote he damn well better listen to us and hear us and give us reason to vote for him.
Trump is a Populist, not a progressive.

Trump is a Populist, not a progressive.

He has a history of supporting left policy.

_________

I would like to say, with respect, that I am a very serious Conservative, and I disagree.

I think Trump has told us what he is going to do for Conservatives....put a stop to the Mexican Invasion, which is a calculated co-conspiracy by Obama & Democrats to get enough Mexicans into Texas...and eventually voting...to turn Texas Blue---at which time we can kiss the form of Government we have had for the last couple of centuries Goodbye....during which we have built the greatest society thus far known to man.

And he is going to stop Immigration from the Middle East, at least until we determine if they will contribute to, or will undermine & endanger, the American System. It is the only rational thing to do, especially considering the experience Europe has had...and Fuck the Democrats who want to bring them in for votes----they are whoring for votes is all---and selling America out in the process--Fuck them.

These things are enough for me. And, I say that realizing that he will likely not accomplish all he has promised. What he has said he will do is staking out a very hard core position. If he gets elected, he will have what politicians call a Mandate...and he will be in the best possible bargaining position to accomplish his promises.

He might even find a set of balls for Mitch McConnell and the rest of the Pussy Republicans....how have Conservatives fared with them as their representatives? How will Conservatives fare with Hillary Clinton as President?

You have to adjust to your situation. Reagan was our president. We are not going to get another one of those.

Think like that hard core Evangelical Trump Supporter who was on T. V. not long ago saying:

"We ain't looking for a preacher."

He was saying they are desperate, and if Mrs. Clinton is the alternative....we all need to be desperate.

Trump just said on CNBC that he "loves debt, I'm the King of Debt."

Sounds "conservative."

:thup:

Forum List

Back