CDZ The Race to Success

Dad was blinded in one eye when I was five my brother Pat nearly died of rheumatic fever when I was seven. My work day thereafter started at 3AM and ended at 10 PM for the next three years to pay family medical bills, sorry but if you don't have gumption you are just plain sorry ass lazy.

Out of curiousity...how old are you?

Dad was blinded in one eye when I was five my brother Pat nearly died of rheumatic fever when I was seven. My work day thereafter started at 3AM and ended at 10 PM for the next three years to pay family medical bills, sorry but if you don't have gumption you are just plain sorry ass lazy.

65, back then you could be part of a family paper route but you could not be left at home unsupervised. I also caught my supper, did collections and swept out the TV repair shop.

There are many factors that determine whether a person achieves 'success'. Of all of those factors, a person's will to succeed is the most important. You can overcome being born into a bad home, in the hood, a bad education, abuse you name it. You cannot overcome lack of will to succeed IMO.

65, back then you could be part of a family paper route but you could not be left at home unsupervised. I also caught my supper, did collections and swept out the TV repair shop.

I sort of feel you answered it. ''back then''. Also how can we judge these people, which is what we are doing.
Walk in their shoes.
I never gave thought about my next meal...except I was a picky eater and hated it when my mom cooked things I didn't like.
I WAS made to sit at the table until I finished.

I never worried about any of the things named in that video. Just being honest here. (and no I most certainly did not come from wealth)

There are many factors that determine whether a person achieves 'success'. Of all of those factors, a person's will to succeed is the most important. You can overcome being born into a bad home, in the hood, a bad education, abuse you name it. You cannot overcome lack of will to succeed IMO.

Yes, people certainly can. But as a kid, you do not exactly look at things that way always. You more so know what you are taught.

My grandfather had to quit school to go to work for money to help the family. Should our kids now days do that?
How would that help them ''get ahead'' ?

Someone shared this with me...and it's an eye opener.

We all run the same race...but we don't all start out in the same place. And it's not because of anything we did.

I posted this in CDZ to avoid the BS that goes on in Race. I would be curious as to what people think of this and in particular what the narrator is saying.

Eye opener? You've already posted in other threads, endorsing government incentivized failure. You posted it because you agree, not because it opened your eyes to anything.

Equality is a myth, and those who decide to pretend that 'advantages' that other people may have, or 'disadvantages' that they may have somehow keep them down in life, only trick themselves into never succeeding. Nothing the government does will ever make life 'equal' for everyone. That video is utterly pointless.

People are capable of succeeding in life regardless of challenges imposed on them, DESPITE government interference.

Yes, people certainly can. But as a kid, you do not exactly look at things that way always. You more so know what you are taught.

My grandfather had to quit school to go to work for money to help the family. Should our kids now days do that?

th

Just because someone has a sheepskin does that mean we have to pay them because they have an education or should a person be paid for the job they can do even if they have a lesser education but their work quality is higher?

*****SMILE*****

:)

There is no such thing as true equality. Some Individuals are more naturally gifted than other Individuals.

There is only institutionalized equality.
Nobody takes issue with the fact that some individuals innately have more adroitness at this or that. That is not the kind of equality with which anyone takes exception. The inequality for which there is just cause to eliminate is the kind that results from the nexus of enduring social, political and economic constructs.

Does that mean that individuals who reap the advantages of those constructs' extancy will, upon their elimination, have a comparatively "harder" way to go to thrive, as compared with before the constructs' removal? Yes, it does. Among people who are presently "blessed" by the existential contrivance of constructs, some of us are okay with that, and some of us are not.

We all run the same race...but we don't all start out in the same place. And it's not because of anything we did.

I posted this in CDZ to avoid the BS that goes on in Race. I would be curious as to what people think of this and in particular what the narrator is saying.

Eye opener? You've already posted in other threads, endorsing government incentivized failure. You posted it because you agree, not because it opened your eyes to anything.

Equality is a myth, and those who decide to pretend that 'advantages' that other people may have, or 'disadvantages' that they may have somehow keep them down in life, only trick themselves into never succeeding. Nothing the government does will ever make life 'equal' for everyone. That video is utterly pointless.

People are capable of succeeding in life regardless of challenges imposed on them, DESPITE government interference.

Did you actually watch the video?

How To Stamp Out Cultural Marxism In A Single Generation
There is no such thing as true equality. Some Individuals are more naturally gifted than other Individuals.

That's true...but there is a difference between inate abilities and advantages and disadvantages that have nothing to do with your abilities.

I don't disagree. Dividing and conquering is not the solution, though. It only stimulates the problem. I do accept that there are very real divisions. I'm just not a fan of creating artificial division. Which is precisely what that video did.

Exactly what is an artificial division. That video certainly wasn't. It was straight forward.

You're free to disagree.

I very well know that. As are you. But, I am sorry you obviously missed the real point.
Yes, and from the member's remarks, it's clear his/her aim is to alter the point or make the matter be about a different point.

Also...times have changed. Where as at one point, it was conceivable and even expected that most kids could work to put themselves through school...school costs have skyrocketed disproportionately. And when kids have to quit school to subsidize the family they are even further behind. It's not uncommon for some kids to do so, so that others in their family can have the opportunity to get schooling.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

That has nothing to do with the point of the video. That's what some are missing. No one doubts we all have our trials and tribulations.

Nobody takes issue with the fact that some individuals innately have more adroitness at this or that. That is not the kind of equality with which anyone takes exception. The inequality for which there is just cause to eliminate is the kind that results from the nexus of enduring social, political and economic constructs.

Does that mean that individuals who reap the advantages of those constructs' extancy will, upon their elimination, have a comparatively "harder" way to go to thrive, as compared with before the constructs' removal? Yes, it does. Among people who are presently "blessed" by the existential contrivance of constructs, some of us are okay with that, and some of us are not.
th

So because a person has parents who stay together to support and ensure that their children achieve it's a construct that needs to be removed?

******SMILE*****

How To Stamp Out Cultural Marxism In A Single Generation

That's true...but there is a difference between inate abilities and advantages and disadvantages that have nothing to do with your abilities.

I don't disagree. Dividing and conquering is not the solution, though. It only stimulates the problem. I do accept that there are very real divisions. I'm just not a fan of creating artificial division. Which is precisely what that video did.
Dividing and conquering is not the solution

You are correct on this point.

I'm just not a fan of creating artificial division.

Nobody is. The point is that artificial divisions, constructs, exist and have for ages, and it is our duty, if we are to be better than our forebears, to eliminate them.

There are several things that come to mind. One is the judgemental quality of some who succeed towards some who don't because of obstacles that the sucessful ones did not encounter. A recognition that the playing field is not equal - that some have more obstacles than others and it has little to do with work ethic goes a long way.

Is it really that hard to recognize it? For example I had a number of advantages...but I fucked up. I admit it, I pay for it, I blame no one for myself - but I fully recognize I did have certain advantages.

th

So because a person has parents who stay together to support and ensure that their children achieve it's a construct that needs to be removed?

******SMILE*****

Not sure what you mean my musical eagle friend...? :)

th

Just because someone has a sheepskin does that mean we have to pay them because they have an education or should a person be paid for the job they can do even if they have a lesser education but their work quality is higher?

*****SMILE*****

That is not the point.

Perhaps we should begin promoting family values and the nuclear family again. Every child should be afforded the advantage of both parents in the household whenever possible. Two role models, two incomes, two supervisors, etc. It's too easy and too socially acceptable to have children out of wedlock or divorce rather than work it out. We are a selfish society and do not put children first.

Parents generally choose whether their children will have that advantage or not. Parents sacrifice to give their children that leg up ... or not. While not ALWAYS true, generally, those kids starting ahead should be made aware they have their parents to thank rather than the luck of the draw, as implied. Those starting in the back should be made aware as well, so they don't blindly repeat their parents mistakes.

The major provable disadvantage of blacks vs. white is greater access to and training for getting welfare, the same circumstances that kept the Irish back for more than a century.

Perhaps we should begin promoting family values and the nuclear family again. Every child should be afforded the advantage of both parents in the household whenever possible. Two role models, two incomes, two supervisors, etc. It's too easy and too socially acceptable to have children out of wedlock or divorce rather than work it out. We are a selfish society and do not put children first.

Parents generally choose whether their children will have that advantage or not. Parents sacrifice to give their children that leg up ... or not. While not ALWAYS true, generally, those kids starting ahead should be made aware they have their parents to thank rather than the luck of the draw, as implied. Those starting in the back should be made aware as well, so they don't blindly repeat their parents mistakes.

I'm not sure we should go back to the shaming of single mothers - many do a very good job...or to making it difficult to obtain divorces. It's a mixed bag...

My mother finally seperated from my father - he was an alcoholic and seldom there and when he was it was disruptive. We had a two parent family until highschool...but at what cost?

Forum List

Back