CDZ Describing too sensitive

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
We all have things which set us off. I believe one of our problems as an American society is we do not talk about religion or politics enough at the dinner table and when something comes up we are as a group too quick to arms and too easily offended.

Describing personality disorders is an inexact science though. I will try though.

I have political sensitivity disorder if:

-I see a confederate flag bikini on a gal and launch into a rant.

-A fellow knees during the national anthem and I go into a rant about all that is sacred and ask for his job.

I am well adjusted if:
-I question why a statehouse flies a confederate flag and has 3 statues to Jefferson Davis.

-Some fellow is protesting at the entrance to a cemetary during a gay war hero's procession and I try to figure out a way he can have his right to free speech and not be such a jerk.

Lets build a list of reasonable responses vs non reasonable. Got anymore from any point of view?

You've kind of lost me. What's the question, exactly, again?

We all have things which set us off. I believe one of our problems as an American society is we do not talk about religion or politics enough at the dinner table and when something comes up we are as a group too quick to arms and too easily offended.

Describing personality disorders is an inexact science though. I will try though.

-A fellow knees during the national anthem and I go into a rant about all that is sacred and ask for his job.

I am well adjusted if:
-I question why a statehouse flies a confederate flag and has 3 statues to Jefferson Davis.

-Some fellow is protesting at the entrance to a cemetary during a gay war hero's procession and I try to figure out a way he can have his right to free speech and not be such a jerk.

Lets build a list of reasonable responses vs non reasonable. Got anymore from any point of view?
Just one. I see a sign that reads "Black lives matter"
-Political sensitivity disorder:
I launch into a rant about how that is racist. Or conversely, I shake my head and say (or think) "Damn right, black lives matter. And it's about time too." Or something to that effect.
-Well adjusted:
I think (or say), well of course they do. They matter just as much as any other life. But, why are we limiting ourselves based on race? I may want to look into this more, to see if I can gain an understanding of what is meant here.

This is something I have been saying for some time now. Unfortunately, far too often I have been chastised, called a racist, called a RWNJ, dismissed, accused of dismissing others, and more for stating such a thing. You have been warned.

I think the problem is listening to and reading too much news/media.

It gets the weakminded masses in a frenzy

I am well adjusted if:

Just one. I see a sign that reads "Black lives matter"
-Political sensitivity disorder:
I launch into a rant about how that is racist. Or conversely, I shake my head and say (or think) "Damn right, black lives matter. And it's about time too." Or something to that effect.
-Well adjusted:
I think (or say), well of course they do. They matter just as much as any other life. But, why are we limiting ourselves based on race? I may want to look into this more, to see if I can gain an understanding of what is meant here.

This is something I have been saying for some time now. Unfortunately, far too often I have been chastised, called a racist, called a RWNJ, dismissed, accused of dismissing others, and more for stating such a thing. You have been warned.
The statement that "Black Lives Matter" is not an issue. However, there is a problem when the "Black Lives Matters" people pitch a hissy fit when someone says "All Lives Matter".

Forum List

Back