The Rabbi, the note and the messiah

What is the concept of the "chosen people" in Judaism?

"The idea that a universal God decided that the divine nature should be uniquely and incomparably disclosed to a single people is difficult to grasp because God shouldn't be unfair toward everyone. however "being chosen" in Judaism is different. God make chosen people suffer as a sacrifice for the fellow human beings, rather than give them privileges. Deducing from the idea, the reason that Jews were chosen might be that they were only people who are willing to endure vicarious suffering when God was presented to peoples. Therefore they are not chosen for favoritism, however in return, God leads them. Also Jews don't see themselves as a innately special people, giving God a credit for what Jews have done." Huston Smith

It's too bad the Jews here have forgotten God.

COME ON PEOPLE THINK, USE YOUR BRAIN....
When a French writer writes about a French
prophet he uses his French name example
Michelle de Nostradamus even English speaking people call him Michelle and not Michael.
When a Spanish writer writes about a guy named Jose, he doesnct use the name Joe, and even English translation still uses the original language name Jose and not disrespectfully use the nameJoe. So WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU NOT NOTICE A JEWISH WRITER WRITING ABOUT A JEWISH FIGURE, USING A GREEK NAME that was not yet used in that time period and only a later Christian writer would use the terms Jesus and Christ. BEFORE CONSTANTINE JOSEPHUS HAS NO MENTION OF THIS FABLE. ONLY AFTER DOES IS MAGICALLY SHOW UP.

1)fake news propaganda used to convert Jews by those who claim they worship the same God, thus exposing they are not the same.
2) There was no Yahshua christ figure in the Herod or Pilate era, only a Yeshu of 100bc.
3)Y=H sound in transliteration which is why book of Joshua(Yoshua) is called Hoshea.
U(ewb) is sometimes a V sound.
4) Therefore your fake news even is declaring
Ha(Yah)Sheva (Shua) the Moshiach.

Epic failed falacious attempt at thieving the role at all levels.

About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who performed surprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Messiah. And when, upon the accusation of the principal men among us, Pilate had condemned him to a cross, those who had first come to love him did not cease. He appeared to them spending a third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things and a thousand other marvels about him. And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared.

- Jewish Antiquities, 18.3.3 §63
(Based on the translation of Louis H. Feldman, The Loeb Classical Library.)
YOUR POST was about a guy named Yashua but your historical reference was a forgery about a guy named Jesus. Yeshu not Yashua was a 100bc character a far cry from the AD
Pilate era where only Theudas by the Jordan who's apostles were the martyrs, was considered a christ figure. Book of Acts and Josephus mention Theudas the HISTORICAL Pilate era Christ.

It is really too bad that the Jews on this board don't have a theology that leads to a personal relationship with the Living God. Christians do. No wonder they attack us for our beliefs.
Yes Ding is a prime example of this .. Tell us Ding don’t you live in Houston how many times in the last while have you and your family and friends needed a “DINGY” to get around town and the outskirts.... How is that personal relationship with GD working for you....hmmmmm...Didn’t you guys just get flooded out again not long after Harvey....

It is really too bad that the Jews on this board don't have a theology that leads to a personal relationship with the Living God. Christians do. No wonder they attack us for our beliefs.
Yes Ding is a prime example of this .. Tell us Ding don’t you live in Houston how many times in the last while have you and your family and friends needed a “DINGY” to get around town and the outskirts.... How is that personal relationship with GD working for you....hmmmmm...Didn’t you guys just get flooded out again not long after Harvey....
Quite well. Yes, many people experienced hardship in Houston during the flood. It was an excellent opportunity for the community to come together. God is great.

It seems that you have forgotten that there is meaning in suffering. That good can come from it.

In Judaism, what is the meaning of suffering?

"Suffering in general carries a negative connotation, however in Judaism, suffering is significant in a way that God gives Jews suffering in order to test or punish so that they can learn from it. suffering might give some Jews doubt about God and his will, however faithful ones get a lesson and reward from God in return. Because those lessons and rewards are acquired with difficulty, Jews value and take them in consideration every time whenever practicing privilege." Huston Smith

Are you sure you are Jewish, shimon?

It seems I know shimon's faith better than he does.

Today, many Jews are atheists and spend their time attacking Christianity.

Michelle de Nostradamus even English speaking people call him Michelle and not Michael.
When a Spanish writer writes about a guy named Jose, he doesnct use the name Joe, and even English translation still uses the original language name Jose and not disrespectfully use the nameJoe. So WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU NOT NOTICE A JEWISH WRITER WRITING ABOUT A JEWISH FIGURE, USING A GREEK NAME that was not yet used in that time period and only a later Christian writer would use the terms Jesus and Christ. BEFORE CONSTANTINE JOSEPHUS HAS NO MENTION OF THIS FABLE. ONLY AFTER DOES IS MAGICALLY SHOW UP.
When it comes to knowing God, the initiative lies on our side. It is impossible for Him to show Himself
to men whose whole mind and character are in the wrong condition.

But God does show Himself to men whose whole mind and character are in the right condition.

God is great, don't you think?

2-3 Jews in a forum is many?
That explains your miracle of the five loaves and 2 fish feed many story. *L*
If you call posting Bible verses or historical sources reference(truth & knowledge=light) as attacking Christians then you admit Christianity is in darkess (lies and ignorance).
You also are inadvertantly by even standard admitting Christianity spends it's time attacking Jews, Muslims, scientists, Hindus, Buddhist, and the like.

A Rabbi, a note and a Messiah.

O.K., you got me so far.

When are they finally going to get around to walking into the bar, though?

When it comes to knowing God, the initiative lies on our side. It is impossible for Him to show Himself

But God does show Himself to men whose whole mind and character are in the right condition.

That does not address my post and is in violation of the forum rules. Stick to the discussion and stop your ad hominem nonsense.

2-3 Jews in a forum is many?
That explains your miracle of the five loaves and 2 fish feed many story. *L*
If you call posting Bible verses or historical sources reference(truth & knowledge=light) as attacking Christians then you admit Christianity is in darkess (lies and ignorance).
You also are inadvertantly by even standard admitting Christianity sptheends their time attacking Jews, Muslims, scientists, Hindus, Buddhist, and the like.
Try using google and you will see that it is more than 2 or 3. Jews that believe in God are in the minority. Your people have forgotten God. Nothing new there, your people have cycled through remembering and forgetting God for thousands of years. Or did you forget the memorial stones already?

I don't see any Christians attacking Jews here. Try living in the present while you bash Christians and rationalize that you are justified. But then again, militant atheists are batshit crazy about Christians.

You are lecturing me that is very humorous...Actually you have everything backwards it is Christianity that spends all of its time attacking other people’s belief system in order to convert them to becoming Christian and if that fails then those people are either expelled or killed off as was certainly the case not long ago.It is the people of other faiths that have systematically suffered at the hands of Christianity for close to two millinium. Jews could hardly attack Christianity as we were either too weak or divided into many countries during our dispersal.... If any of us had seriously tried to explain our positions before the advent of the internet we would have probably been killed off quietly and many were.You end your lies with another lie saying Jews are atheists and spend their time attacking Christianity which is completely false as we are defending ourselves as best we can given our circumstances that does not make us atheist because we know that Christianity is trying to steal our souls by converting us and we are fighting back.... You are truly Dingy to say the least for even trying to tie the two together

That does not address my post and is in violation of the forum rules. Stick to the discussion and stop your ad hominem nonsense.
I think your motivations are pertinent to the discussion. It goes to weight and credibility.

You are lecturing me that is very humorous...Actually you have everything backwards it is Christianity that spends all of its time attacking other people’s belief system in order to convert them to becoming Christian and if that fails then those people are either expelled or killed off as was certainly the case not long ago.It is the people of other faiths that have systematically suffered at the hands of Christianity for close to two millinium. Jews could hardly attack Christianity as we were either too weak or divided into many countries during our dispersal.... If any of us had seriously tried to explain our positions before the advent of the internet we would have probably been killed off quietly and many were.You end your lies with another lie saying Jews are atheists and spend their time attacking Christianity which is completely false as we are defending ourselves as best we can given our circumstances that does not make us atheist because we know that Christianity is trying to steal our souls by converting us and we are fighting back.... You are truly Dingy to say the least for even trying to tie the two together
Let's test that. Do you believe in God?

You have asked that of me before and I answered you... You are just smokescreening to cover up your being caught in a lie or many lies... You are not sticking to the topic which Green hornet brought up which is an obvious forgery and you are trying to cover that up as well which you consistently do on almost every thread your comments can be found.... Usually they are either one word or one sentence totally off topic...

You have asked that of me before and I answered you... You are just smokescreening to cover up your being caught in a lie or many lies... You are not sticking to the topic which Green hornet brought up which is an obvious forgery and you are trying to cover that up as well which you consistently do on almost every thread your comments can be found.... Usually they are either one word or one sentence totally off topic...
First of all you don't understand your religion, you never discuss your beliefs and you only criticize the beliefs of others. If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Just so it is clear why this line of questioning is pertinent, you are trying to use referent authority to establish yourself as an authority, but if it is a lie, then your credibility is in question. Now do you understand, robber bird?

And I didn't even bring up how you and your "master" work as a two man team.

And if you are going to cry about being off topic, then maybe you should actually be on topic yourself.

Try re-reading the OP. You will find that the topic isn't Jesus, the topic is a Rabbi who believes Jesus is the Messiah.

You are so jealous Ding.... Michael is my friend... True friends are hard to come by.. You must be lonely because you obviously spend so much time on here try and get out and make some friends you will not “ Suffer” as much and you will be able to look yourself in the mirror and Ding nabbit catch a wrasscally wabbit or two....This is off topic but hey you consistently put us there unfortunately.

You are so jealous Ding.... Michael is my friend... True friends are hard to come by.. You must be lonely because you obviously spend so much time on here try and get out and make some friends you will not “ Suffer” as much and you will be able to look yourself in the mirror and Ding nabbit catch a wrasscally wabbit or two....This is off topic but hey you consistently put us there unfortunately.
I'm not the one who took this off topic, shimon. I'm the one who questioned the motives of you and your "friend."

Forum List

Back