The Quran is the anti-Constitution

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

That Islam reitterates this is because they make a big thing abot how Jews and Christians turned from God, and Islam is the 3rd time God has given its' will to Man.

Wanna knock a reliigon learn about it and your first or you're just embarassing yourself and your side.
Difference; the Bible is speaking to you personally. It is up to you personally to take issues with whatever problems you have within YOU. The Ten Commandments still apply; gee whiz, "THOU SHALL NOT KILL". Your lack of understanding does not overcome the truth of what has been taught by those that actually do understand and Believe upon the Word. If you want to live a Godly life you take up the cause by self examination first. I have not seen anywhere where it appears that you have done that yet.
bullshit the bible is no more speaking to you than any other book.
the idea that it is, is a fantasy and people love fantasy.
Only in your own mind.
that would be in your own mind. I 'm not the one who "believes " that one book or any book speaks.
It is not the book it is the Word and the spirit. It is not anyone else fault you cannot perceive or understand that.

Simple fact is yes, Sharia Law is incompatible with the Constitution. But you can't knock Islam for that without also knocking the BIble where all Sharia Law came from originally. Reason's simple enough: government and religion are the same thing. Religions came about when there were only small local governments or at most regional ones and empires. Modern day governments though are the size religions used to be and both are issueing commands on those they apply to. Problem with that is we're to follow our nation's laws, not our religion's. Can't follow both.

There is not a single religious text that is compatible with the Consitution. Maybe that is why we have a secular state and have to fight to keep religion OUT of government.

Yea, "love thy neighbor" would just f up everything.

There are plenty of passages to that effect in the Quran as well: Love in the Bible and In the Quran (Koran)

However, it's all the other religious crap folks hold on to that causes constitutional problems.

There is not a single religious text that is compatible with the Consitution. Maybe that is why we have a secular state and have to fight to keep religion OUT of government.

There are plenty of passages to that effect in the Quran as well: Love in the Bible and In the Quran (Koran)

However, it's all the other religious crap folks hold on to that causes constitutional problems.

Problem too in how most religious people don't have the time or inclination to become theology scholars so over-rely on those who are. As was mentioned about one of the 9/11 hijackers being looked up to by the other for being an expert in the Qur'an. What's a Qur'an expert when you just read it but someone who's read it vs those that haven't.

Problem too in how most religious people don't have the time or inclination to become theology scholars so over-rely on those who are. As was mentioned about one of the 9/11 hijackers being looked up to by the other for being an expert in the Qur'an. What's a Qur'an expert when you just read it but someone who's read it vs those that haven't.

Agree...anyone can become a self-proclaimed "expert"...and that can lead to dangerous interpretations or sects.

Agree...anyone can become a self-proclaimed "expert"...and that can lead to dangerous interpretations or sects.

Read about a third of the Qur'an myself and read far enough to know the hijackers and every suicide bomber's in hell. You know, assuming there were one. :)

The whole kill infidels thing and you'll be rewarded with Paradise assume the infidels is actually guilty of some slight against Islam. A kill 3000 poeple you haven't even seen let alone had a finding of theologic guilt doesn't qualify.

Read about a third of the Qur'an myself and read far enough to know the hijackers and every suicide bomber's in hell. You know, assuming there were one. :)

The difficulty with religion - is that most of our religions were formed amongst cultures that existed thousands of years ago in languages and cultures that are now dead. Their ethics, laws and beliefs can be very hard reconcile in a modern world if you approach them blindly and literally. Scholars find a way to bridge those gaps.

Funny how fundy Christians don't realize how much the constitution and the amendments protect us from fundamentalist Christianity.

You're casting aspersions like the rest of your libtard cohorts. You can't take on the meat of the OP cos you'll find a dick in your mouth.
Sure I'll agree Islam is a 10/10 on the dumb scale. Fundy Christianity comes in close at an 8/10.

It's not even close...

This is par for the course for Islam....

It's closer than you care to admit. We have laws in this country preventing the fundies from going too crazy. That's what they need in the middle east.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

That Islam reitterates this is because they make a big thing abot how Jews and Christians turned from God, and Islam is the 3rd time God has given its' will to Man.

Wanna knock a reliigon learn about it and your first or you're just embarassing yourself and your side.
Difference; the Bible is speaking to you personally. It is up to you personally to take issues with whatever problems you have within YOU. The Ten Commandments still apply; gee whiz, "THOU SHALL NOT KILL". Your lack of understanding does not overcome the truth of what has been taught by those that actually do understand and Believe upon the Word. If you want to live a Godly life you take up the cause by self examination first. I have not seen anywhere where it appears that you have done that yet.
Only in your own mind.
that would be in your own mind. I 'm not the one who "believes " that one book or any book speaks.
It is not the book it is the Word and the spirit. It is not anyone else fault you cannot perceive or understand that.
lol that would be not taken in by that.
also the book did not do that . someone else used the phrase "the Word and the spirit" and you swallowed it whole..

Only in your own mind.
also the book did not do that . someone else used the phrase "the Word and the spirit" and you swallowed it whole..
I suppose someone that no nothing about another that would blindly make accusations at them would think the way you do. I believed before I could read. I called out for God as a child for help. It did not take any brainwashing just some earnest searching.

Only in your own mind.
I suppose someone that no nothing about another that would blindly make accusations at them would think the way you do. I believed before I could read. I called out for God as a child for help. It did not take any brainwashing just some earnest searching.
you believed because you parents taught you to believe before you could read whether you admit it or not ,it does not change that fact.
the you know nothing about Christianly bullshit won't fly.
my family started out as holy roller Baptists ,then switched to Mormonism..
I've read the bible (all of it) more times than you have texted nonsense.

Only in your own mind.
you believed because you parents taught you to believe before you could read whether you admit it or not ,it does not change that fact.
Good for you. My family was not holy roller types, just common people and my mother is a Believer. It's not my problem you are so hateful. It is all on you by your own choice.

Good for you. My family was not holy roller types, just common people and my mother is a Believer. It's not my problem you are so hateful. It is all on you by your own choice.
not hateful just not ignorant.

Simple fact is yes, Sharia Law is incompatible with the Constitution. But you can't knock Islam for that without also knocking the BIble where all Sharia Law came from originally. Reason's simple enough: government and religion are the same thing. Religions came about when there were only small local governments or at most regional ones and empires. Modern day governments though are the size religions used to be and both are issueing commands on those they apply to. Problem with that is we're to follow our nation's laws, not our religion's. Can't follow both.

Man, the BS you tell yourself. Sharia is not a product of Judaism or Christianity.

That's just lame. Maybe, the Quran has its passages that speak to a spurious peace. But you can't somehow tout a book that has hundreds of passages promoting outright violence against all non-Muslims and in many cases against Muslims themselves.

In any event, that's not what you were arguing in the first place.

Funny how fundy Christians don't realize how much the constitution and the amendments protect us from fundamentalist Christianity.

You're casting aspersions like the rest of your libtard cohorts. You can't take on the meat of the OP cos you'll find a dick in your mouth.
Sure I'll agree Islam is a 10/10 on the dumb scale. Fundy Christianity comes in close at an 8/10.

It's not even close...

This is par for the course for Islam....

It's closer than you care to admit. We have laws in this country preventing the fundies from going too crazy. That's what they need in the middle east.

What's closer?

The bottom line is Islam is the world wide leader in terrorism for a reason. It's in the DNA.

ISIS isn't quoting new ideals to recruits. They're doing what's right in their murder manual, which has been around since the days of Mohamed.

That's just lame. Maybe, the Quran has its passages that speak to a spurious peace. But you can't somehow tout a book that has hundreds of passages promoting outright violence against all non-Muslims and in many cases against Muslims themselves.

Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?

Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?
The bible is, if not the most violent book ever written , it's in the top 5 .
Not to mention rape , incest etc.

Forum List

Back