The Punisher. Holy S***!

I wished they could get Tom Jane to reprise his role as the Punisher. Of all the attempts to bring the Punisher to screen; I thought he did the best.
There is only one Punisher....Tom Jane.
Dude they got to play Frank Castle (Shane in TWD) sucks.

So far, the Netflix Punisher is the only one that hasn't been deeply flawed IMO. It had some issues, but nothing as bad as the movie incarnations.

I did, however, like the short that Jane did called, I believe, Dirty Laundry.
Dirty Laundry is bad ass! They really need to make another film with Jane as the Punisher.

I don't remember it all that well now, but I remember not being happy with the story of the Jane Punisher movie. There was also the terrible way they got the skull onto a shirt, that was just awful. :p
Yeah... I wish they would have stayed true to the comic, for the skull bit.
if they would have stayed true to the comic it would have taken place in NYC not Tampa.....and Micro would have been there....and it may have been a Punisher movie...

There is only one Punisher....Tom Jane.
Dude they got to play Frank Castle (Shane in TWD) sucks.

So far, the Netflix Punisher is the only one that hasn't been deeply flawed IMO. It had some issues, but nothing as bad as the movie incarnations.

I did, however, like the short that Jane did called, I believe, Dirty Laundry.
Dirty Laundry is bad ass! They really need to make another film with Jane as the Punisher.

I don't remember it all that well now, but I remember not being happy with the story of the Jane Punisher movie. There was also the terrible way they got the skull onto a shirt, that was just awful. :p
Yeah... I wish they would have stayed true to the comic, for the skull bit.
if they would have stayed true to the comic it would have taken place in NYC not Tampa.....and Micro would have been there....and it may have been a Punisher movie...

I can live with the location and lack of Micro. Neither of those are really necessary to the character IMO. The way they wrote the story, though....that was just not very good. It's been a long time since I watched it, but wasn't it really just a revenge movie that had The Punisher name stuck on it?

Still better than the Dolph Lundgren movie, though. :lol:

the location is not necessary?...to me it was about as effective as putting spiderman in a city with no tall buildings.....the Punisher needs a big city to do his thing not some seaside resort....but then thats just me....

the location is not necessary?...to me it was about as effective as putting spiderman in a city with no tall buildings.....the Punisher needs a big city to do his thing not some seaside resort....but then thats just me....

The Punisher has gone to many different locations in the years and years the character has been around. He's most associated with New York, sure, but I could accept his story in another city, given a good story.

The Punisher has gone to many different locations in the years and years the character has been around. He's most associated with New York, sure, but I could accept his story in another city, given a good story.
that movie came out in 04 the Punisher's corner in Comic Vine,which consisted of die hard Punisher fans, gave that movie a lot of shit for only being a Punisher movie in name only.....i have to agree with them.....

that movie came out in 04 the Punisher's corner in Comic Vine,which consisted of die hard Punisher fans, gave that movie a lot of shit for only being a Punisher movie in name only.....i have to agree with them.....

Oh, I agree that they mostly just stuck the name on in hopes of drawing in fans. I'm just saying that a Punisher movie that actually does the character some justice could take place in Tampa, or some other city or town, and I'd be fine with that. I've read a lot of Punisher comics, he certainly hasn't remained in New York all the time. :)

Oh, I agree that they mostly just stuck the name on in hopes of drawing in fans. I'm just saying that a Punisher movie that actually does the character some justice could take place in Tampa, or some other city or town, and I'd be fine with that. I've read a lot of Punisher comics, he certainly hasn't remained in New York all the time. :)
the ones i read were he left town there was a reason.....in the jayne movie he was a cop working and living in tampa right?...

the ones i read were he left town there was a reason.....in the jayne movie he was a cop working and living in tampa right?...

I don't remember.....that sounds right, but it could have been a vacation. :p

I don't remember.....that sounds right, but it could have been a vacation. :p
well he was undercover in the beginning....

I almost wish that the people who make trailers weren't so good at their jobs. Too often a good trailer leads to a bad movie or show. I thought Defenders looked great in the trailers, then it turned out to be meh as a show. Logan looked amazing in the trailers, and despite the praise it got in comic book circles, I just thought it was a pretty good movie, far from great. I'm worried about Thor: Ragnarok for that reason: the trailers have been incredible, but will the movie disappoint?

I have the same concern with Punisher. I really hope it's awesome, but will it be a disappointment compared to the trailers?
I wished they could get Tom Jane to reprise his role as the Punisher. Of all the attempts to bring the Punisher to screen; I thought he did the best.

No the last one was actually the best

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I almost wish that the people who make trailers weren't so good at their jobs. Too often a good trailer leads to a bad movie or show. I thought Defenders looked great in the trailers, then it turned out to be meh as a show. Logan looked amazing in the trailers, and despite the praise it got in comic book circles, I just thought it was a pretty good movie, far from great. I'm worried about Thor: Ragnarok for that reason: the trailers have been incredible, but will the movie disappoint?

I have the same concern with Punisher. I really hope it's awesome, but will it be a disappointment compared to the trailers?

the last one was an actual Punisher movie....

The Punisher's been a series since I was a kid. :rolleyes:

I thought Dolph Lundgren played the Punisher?

the last one was an actual Punisher movie....

People seemed to hate it. I actually thought it was pretty good.

He was the first and worst. :lol:

It was a bad movie and Lundgren can’t act, but for some reason I liked that movie

We've all got those crappy movies we like. :) I can still enjoy sitting through Flash Gordon, for example. :p

I never saw Flash Gordon, but ever since Ted I wanted to.

It was a bad movie and Lundgren can’t act, but for some reason I liked that movie

We've all got those crappy movies we like. :) I can still enjoy sitting through Flash Gordon, for example. :p

It's worth a view.

It's worth a view.

Just make sure you watch Flash Gordon, not Flesh Gordon. ;)

It's worth a view.

Just make sure you watch Flash Gordon, not Flesh Gordon. ;)

I would also watch Flesh Gordon too

Forum List

Back