The Punisher. Holy S***!

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Looks like the Punisher is being made into a series. (Looks to me like) They picked the guy who played Shane in the Walking Dead series (?) to play Frank Castle; and it looks F'ing awesome!

Have you seen Daredevil seasons 1 and 2? He shows up in season 2, and he quickly became a fan favorite. It's why he got his own show. :)
No. I don't subscribe to cable, or dish. If something really stirs up a lot of excitement. I find it on the web, or wait for it on DVD...

Have you seen Daredevil seasons 1 and 2? He shows up in season 2, and he quickly became a fan favorite. It's why he got his own show. :)
No. I don't subscribe to cable, or dish. If something really stirs up a lot of excitement. I find it on the web, or wait for it on DVD...

Same for me. It's a Netflix show as is the upcoming Punisher show. If you intend to watch the Punisher show, I'd definitely recommend watching Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 first.

Looks like the Punisher is being made into a series. (Looks to me like) They picked the guy who played Shane in the Walking Dead series (?) to play Frank Castle; and it looks F'ing awesome!

It helps that they used a great song in the trailer. :)

As AsianTrumpSupporter said, Bernthal played the Punisher in season 2 of Daredevil on Netflix. If you have Netflix, or can find a way to watch them, both seasons of DD are quite good, as is the season of Jessica Jones. Luke Cage and Iron Fist and Defenders are pretty good, as well, but not as good as DD and JJ.

I'm hopeful for the Punisher series, but I think it is a hard character to do well on film. Finding the right balance of violent vengeance and sympathetic or empathetic characteristics is difficult.

I almost wish that the people who make trailers weren't so good at their jobs. Too often a good trailer leads to a bad movie or show. I thought Defenders looked great in the trailers, then it turned out to be meh as a show. Logan looked amazing in the trailers, and despite the praise it got in comic book circles, I just thought it was a pretty good movie, far from great. I'm worried about Thor: Ragnarok for that reason: the trailers have been incredible, but will the movie disappoint?

I have the same concern with Punisher. I really hope it's awesome, but will it be a disappointment compared to the trailers?

I almost wish that the people who make trailers weren't so good at their jobs. Too often a good trailer leads to a bad movie or show. I thought Defenders looked great in the trailers, then it turned out to be meh as a show. Logan looked amazing in the trailers, and despite the praise it got in comic book circles, I just thought it was a pretty good movie, far from great. I'm worried about Thor: Ragnarok for that reason: the trailers have been incredible, but will the movie disappoint?

I have the same concern with Punisher. I really hope it's awesome, but will it be a disappointment compared to the trailers?
I wished they could get Tom Jane to reprise his role as the Punisher. Of all the attempts to bring the Punisher to screen; I thought he did the best.

I wished they could get Tom Jane to reprise his role as the Punisher. Of all the attempts to bring the Punisher to screen; I thought he did the best.

I think that would have been a terrible idea. This was a completely new attempt at doing the Punisher. Bringing in an actor who had already done it would have been counter to what was being done.

I think that would have been a terrible idea. This was a completely new attempt at doing the Punisher. Bringing in an actor who had already done it would have been counter to what was being done.
Not for this show. I was referring to the movie sequel, which sucked horribly.

Ah, OK. I didn't think War Zone (which was not, so far as I remember, a sequel) was so bad. It was better than the Jane/Travolta movie in some ways, worse in some.

Ah, OK. I didn't think War Zone (which was not, so far as I remember, a sequel) was so bad. It was better than the Jane/Travolta movie in some ways, worse in some.
For me.... They made the bad guy too comic bookish. I liked the first one better for keeping it closer to "realism".

There is only one Punisher....Tom Jane.
Dude they got to play Frank Castle (Shane in TWD) sucks.

So far, the Netflix Punisher is the only one that hasn't been deeply flawed IMO. It had some issues, but nothing as bad as the movie incarnations.

I did, however, like the short that Jane did called, I believe, Dirty Laundry.

So far, the Netflix Punisher is the only one that hasn't been deeply flawed IMO. It had some issues, but nothing as bad as the movie incarnations.

Dirty Laundry is bad ass! They really need to make another film with Jane as the Punisher.

Dirty Laundry is bad ass! They really need to make another film with Jane as the Punisher.

I don't remember it all that well now, but I remember not being happy with the story of the Jane Punisher movie. There was also the terrible way they got the skull onto a shirt, that was just awful. :p

I don't remember it all that well now, but I remember not being happy with the story of the Jane Punisher movie. There was also the terrible way they got the skull onto a shirt, that was just awful. :p
Yeah... I wish they would have stayed true to the comic, for the skull bit.

thomas jane?....the only thing about his movie that had any familiarity with the comics was the name of the movie and his name.....otherwise it had no similarities with the Punisher in the comics....

that wasnt a sequel.....that was a real Punisher movie....janes movie was just another action flick,and a good one at that....but a Punisher movie?....nope....

Forum List

Back