The new Star Trek is kind of impressive

it was ok

will wait for the series to show up on Netflix for the rest tho

Outside of the movies there hasn't been a Star Trek I didn't like. Granted I never watched deep space 9 but I ha e seen every other episode of every other show. The new Trek movies are quite entertaining as an action movie but quite hollow as far as substance goes imo.
This new show looks quite interesting considering it's place in established lore.
If I can't find a good pirate source I may buy it on CBS depending on price.

Yeah, between the sophomoric writing, the insipid dialogue badly delivered and the emotionally-stunted unlikeable characters, it was a great show.

And why in gawd's name did they beat all the Klingons in the head with a baseball bat before filming? I really wanna know.

Yeah, between the sophomoric writing, the insipid dialogue badly delivered and the emotionally-stunted unlikeable characters, it was a great show.
Wow, ok.

I've always seen science fiction as a medium that requires the suspension of disbelief and a more open mind. I remember hating Firefly & Voyager when they started for reasons similar to your post.
Orville on the other hand fits your description perfectly.

Wow, ok.

I've always seen science fiction as a medium that requires the suspension of disbelief and a more open mind. I remember hating Firefly & Voyager when they started for reasons similar to your post.
Orville on the other hand fits your description perfectly.

I grew up on science fiction and horror. I write science fiction and horror.

Voyager eh. Firefly better, the film Serenity better still.

Haven't seen The Orville. Have to catch up on Twin Peaks first. :laugh:

I'm not saying it can't get better.

Forum List

Back