CDZ The Psychology of... Insults

Do you really think that people who disagree with you, do so because they're stupid?

But who's the 'stupid' Mac?

I read many well crafted and thought out posts ,only to be met with the howling rants of the ignorati , who haven't the HP to keep up

They out themselves on a daily basis here

~S~
So the question would be, why do they do that?

It may be they don't have the intellectual capacity to keep up, or it may be that they're back up against the wall and don't have an honest response.

I see a lot of intelligent people here and in politics who say the most ridiculous things because they're afraid to be honest, to give an inch.

I don't think it's about stupidity, I think it's about honesty. My guess is the reason for the insults is what the author of the piece in the OP says.

No. It is because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people out there who try to argue from a position of COMPLETE ignorance (obviously).

The ignorati will always be with us Chris
~S~
I think we're becoming more and more likely to confuse fact with opinion.

"You don't agree with ME, so you MUST be stupid" is opinion, not fact.

One thing i do notice about the USMB is , there's a sysiphean effort towards civility among the mods

they do try hard, but it would seem more an inherent vs. taught attribute that is somewhat a premium nettiquite .....

~S~

My freedoms and my rights are not a fucking game to me. I don't care if someone thinks I'm a "meanie" or not.

Do you really think that people who disagree with you, do so because they're stupid?

I read many well crafted and thought out posts ,only to be met with the howling rants of the ignorati , who haven't the HP to keep up

~S~

It may be they don't have the intellectual capacity to keep up, or it may be that they're back up against the wall and don't have an honest response.

I see a lot of intelligent people here and in politics who say the most ridiculous things because they're afraid to be honest, to give an inch.

I don't think it's about stupidity, I think it's about honesty. My guess is the reason for the insults is what the author of the piece in the OP says.

~S~

No. It is because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people out there who try to argue from a position of COMPLETE ignorance (obviously).

the modu operandi of all things political ,now a national passtime Mac

~S~

can't you translate that w/o the profanity Chris?

~S~

So? Sue me. That will probably be next anyways. I hurt your feelings with profanity. :rolleyes:

Not really

I'm asking what the point of your rant is

also a daily chore here Chris

~S~

I think the point is pretty clear. It isn't like I wasn't typing in the English language, and it's not a "rant." It is my opinions on the matter. If you chose to focus on the profanity instead of the point, that just kind of bolsters my entire point.

While reading through one of our many personal insult-laden threads, I began wondering (again) about the actual goals & agendas of those who tend to regularly engage in that behavior (both here and in "real life"). Certainly everyone does it to some degree and frequency, but clearly there are those who appear to have a stronger need.

In today's hyper-partisan environment, what do you suppose is served by this? What is accomplished?
Becoming president of the USA and representing the Right.

~S~

The ignorati will always be with us Chris
~S~

"You don't agree with ME, so you MUST be stupid" is opinion, not fact.

Giving up any of your rights or any portion of your rights to the government for "security" that they cannot provide, or will not provide because they are allegedly "racists and killers" is the ultimate in ignorance. That is not just a simple difference in opinion. That is just plain stupid, and yes, stupid does exist, like it or not.

While reading through one of our many personal insult-laden threads, I began wondering (again) about the actual goals & agendas of those who tend to regularly engage in that behavior (both here and in "real life"). Certainly everyone does it to some degree and frequency, but clearly there are those who appear to have a stronger need.

In today's hyper-partisan environment, what do you suppose is served by this? What is accomplished?
Becoming president of the USA and representing the Right.

Now, here is a perfect example of your exhibit A. It is not always about profanity and name calling, it is a lot of times about just plain old ignorance.

aa7ae7ce544808b1a6ea25e2fa5f5de8--anti-liberal-liberal-logic.jpg
GEE! How could someone be so bloody and not have one single drop on his tee shirt?????
PHOTOSHOP!

My freedoms and my rights are not a fucking game to me. I don't care if someone thinks I'm a "meanie" or not.

~S~

~S~

the modu operandi of all things political ,now a national passtime Mac

~S~

So, let's hear some of your opinions. You two are just two people who are choosing to keep your REAL opinions to yourselves, and that is fine.

I'd like to hear some of the thoughtfulness in citizenry giving up rights to government. Anyone who would ever suggest such a thing is obviously not thoughtful in any way whatsoever. They might be scared and fearful and paranoid, but not thoughtful.

This is an interesting conversation. One thing I've noticed is people in general want to elevate their own position or status as is indicated in the article. There are two ways to do this, either via your own effort (if you have the capacity) or by lowering the status of someone else resulting in your status now being above theirs.

My observation is that most people do not have the ability to elevate themselves so their only option is to take out some one else. Why do you think there are imposters online? Why do so many people impersonate military veterans in cat fishing scams? They can't make their own lives better through their own effort so they have to either engage in destructive behavior, steal what they want or do without whatever it is that they desire.

Neutralize the opposition right?

This is an interesting conversation. One thing I've noticed is people in general want to elevate their own position or status as is indicated in the article. There are two ways to do this, either via your own effort (if you have the capacity) or by lowering the status of someone else resulting in your status now being above theirs.

My observation is that most people do not have the ability to elevate themselves so their only option is to take out some one else. Why do you think there are imposters online? Why do so many people impersonate military veterans in cat fishing scams? They can't make their own lives better through their own effort so they have to either engage in destructive behavior, steal what they want or do without whatever it is that they desire.

Great stuff, thanks.

What concerns me, on a macro scale, is something I read a while back about where we are as a culture. The piece said - and I agree with this - that it has been so long since we've communicated like adults that we have literally lost that skill. Like a muscle, the ability to flex your communication skills can deteriorate due to lack of use.

I wonder if that affects our intellectual elasticity, as well.

That has really stuck with me. So, as our communication skills continue to atrophy, we're becoming more and more likely to just bang on things, and each other, like cavemen.

Great stuff, thanks.

What concerns me, on a macro scale, is something I read a while back about where we are as a culture. The piece said - and I agree with this - that it has been so long since we've communicated like adults that we have literally lost that skill. Like a muscle, the ability to flex your communication skills can deteriorate due to lack of use.

That has really stuck with me. So, as our communication skills continue to atrophy, we're becoming more and more likely to just bang on things, and each other, like cavemen.

I don't know, maybe a political messageboard is not the place for you. :dunno: For me, it is a place where I fight for what I believe in, especially when it comes to my rights. If you are a person who wants to take rights from a person who has not committed any crimes, in the name of your own security, which you feel will be provided by the same government that you refer to as "racist", maybe even "evil," then you are just stupid or evil yourself. There is no way around that. That is not a difference of opinions. That is just a fact of life that you need to accept. Not everyone is thoughtful. Not everyone has your or the country's best interests at heart, and that is especially true of government officials and politicians, as we have seen over the years.

Great stuff, thanks.

I don't know, maybe a political messageboard is not the place for you. :dunno: For me, it is a place where I fight for what I believe in, especially when it comes to my rights. If you are a person who wants to take rights from a person who has not committed any crimes, in the name of your own security, which you feel will be provided by the same government that you refer to as "racist", maybe even "evil," then you are just stupid or evil yourself. There is no way around that. That is not a difference of opinions. That is just a fact of life that you need to accept. Not everyone is thoughtful. Not everyone has your or the country's best interests at heart, and that is especially true of government officials and politicians, as we have seen over the years.
I think this place is absolutely fascinating. Not in a terribly positive way, but fascinating nonetheless.

My concern is that I'm seeing the behaviors here showing up more and more in real life.

I don't know how someone could be proud of some of the behaviors I see here, but that's just me.

So, I will continue unabatedly and unabashedly calling those who want to restrict or take one or any of my rights from me in the name of their own "feelings of security and safety" stupid morons because they are either stupid morons who do not understand what America was built on which is individual freedoms with as LITTLE restrictions and interference by government as possible (because GOVERNMENTS are more responsible for more death and destruction by force than any individual in the world), or they are evil as fuck and traitors to America and our law abiding citizens.

Great stuff, thanks.

I think this place is absolutely fascinating. Not in a terribly positive way, but fascinating nonetheless.

My concern is that I'm seeing the behaviors here showing up more and more in real life.

I don't know how someone could be proud of some of the behaviors I see here, but that's just me.

Well, some people are actually concerned about seeing their rights eroding away before their eyes because someone else is "scared" of something.

So, I will continue unabatedly and unabashedly calling those who want to restrict or take one or any of my rights from me in the name of their own "feelings of security and safety" stupid morons because they are either stupid morons who do not understand what America was built on which is individual freedoms with as LITTLE restrictions and interference by government as possible (because GOVERNMENTS are more responsible for more death and destruction by force than any individual in the world), or they are evil as fuck and traitors to America and our law abiding citizens.
When you call someone a stupid moron, what is your goal?

When you call someone a stupid moron, what is your goal?

To get them to see how stupid they are.

Forum List

Back